“Great Holiday Location”

Ranked #165 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Great Holiday Location”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This Hotel is close to (walking distance by aged couple) bus, MTR station, Markets, and a large convenience store just a block away. Staff were very friendly and could speak English our room was comfortable and clean on the down side if you could call it that the breakfast was Asian orientated there was plenty of it and we enjoyed it.We will stay there again when we return to Taiwan

Room Tip: We stayed on the Fourth floor with window overlooking the front of hotel and main road.The room was...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peter B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Overall a great hotel in a perfect location. There isn’t a ton of information on Taipei for us westerners, so I was a little nervous about where to stay in the city. We stayed at the Rich Garden Hotel as part of a tour and could not have been happier with it. It’s about a 2 block walk to the hustle and bustle of Ximending and the metro station there. There are a ton of coffee shops and restaurants nearby, all within walking distance.

The hotel itself is very nice. The front desk speak enough English to take care of all of your basic needs and they are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are good size for Taipei and are well appointed with comfortable beds, tea kettles, TV’s, nice bathrooms, and opening windows! Everything was of high quality and clean. The breakfast was very good with a wide selection of food. It is a traditional Taiwanese breakfast, but I really enjoyed it as I am a big congee fan. They have an espresso machine that makes excellent coffee! All in all, the Rich Garden Hotel was a great hotel and I would definitely stay there again when I return to Taipei.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the hotel. The location was great, located right next to the station and busy streets where you'd find most of the must try foods in Taipei. The rooms were comfy and clean, except the furniture could be a bit more modern. Room provided hair dryer, slippers, toothbrush, etc. Many boutique hotels in Taipei don't have windows, but this one does. I'd recommend this place for people visiting taipei for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 February 2014

1. 5 minute walking distance from Xi men Station

2. Stayed at various hotel in Taiwan, they offer the nicest breakfast with plate warmer

3. Staff are courteous and friendly

4. Rooms are clean and comfortable

5. The Bed and pillow makes you wanna slog in the bed whole day

What else could you ask for in a hotel ?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank wenbin84
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed 2 night and couldn't have been happier. The price, cleanliness, location and staff were all very good. Breakfast included was OK not super but OK. We will definitely stay here again when in Taipei. Rooms are a little on the small size but doable for a few nights. Compared to other budget hotels we have stayed in this hotel ranks up there with the best. Highly recommend. Location is 2 blocks from major shopping and 7 usd takes you to the the night markets and most anywhere else the tourist places are. Lots of places to eat in walking distance and no where were we concerned about our safety in proximity to hotel. Remember this is a budget hotel and you will be very impressed.

Room Tip: Of course a triple room has more space than a single. To upgrade it is very reasonable so you may...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bernie B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed at the Rich Garden Hotel in Jan 2014. Overall, this is a perfectly located hotel - about 2 blocks to the Ximending MTR station which is right in the middle of Taipei. You can easily walk there and check out the "Times Square" of Taipei. The rooms are very nice, a little on the small side, but this is how the hotels in Taipei are. When we arrived we were given a room without a window and when I asked to be moved, they quickly and very happily obliged and moved us to a nicer room on the outside. Even on a very busy road, the rooms were quiet and well insulated.
The staff speaks very good english, and is very friendly and warm. The breakfast that came with the room was great - a nice selection of Taiwanese food and some western food as well. Overall, we were very happy with the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there when we come back to Taipei.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room if you want a window. It can be very difficult to adjust to the time differe...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
nanaimo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I read many hotel reviews before I left, and finally decided on the Rich Garden Hotel. The only negative I had read about this hotel was the breakfast. I am going to start my review there. My two traveling companions and I, could not have been happier with the breakfast. When you enter, the two friendliest women greet you with smiles and good mornings! I am an English speaking female from Canada, and I felt there was enough Western food available. I also didn't come to Taipei to eat Western food. The Taiwan food was plentiful and wonderfully presented. Lots of variety, lots of vegetables, meat dishes, juice, coffee, fruit, etc. None of us could understand how anyone could complain.
The hotel room itself had all the amenities one could want. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is comfortable and clean. They offer free wi-fi, free laundry and the above mentioned, free breakfast.Good water pressure and bathroom amenities. The staff are extremely friendly and willing to help you out with any problem that may arise. We also found our rooms to be quiet with no disturbances from other rooms.Because I can only speak English, I communicated with Steven, who works at the front desk. He was very nice, and was able to help me out with some tickets I wanted to purchase.
The area that the hotel is in is about one block away from street shopping and the MRT.
If I was to return to Taipei, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends