Lots to write on this hotel , be it location or service. So I am going to make it very detailed for easy reading.
1. Jian Tan MRT , it is 10 mins walk away , very convenient but Jian Tan Mrt is about 4-5 stops away from the Taipei Train station which means you need to take towards that direction to change to the other lines for your destination. So of course, its better live around Taipei Train station instead.
2. Shilin market : it is just around the corner, opposite the JT mrt station. So night snacks and daily dinners not a problem at all.
3. Subway is just outside the hotel and a convinent 7-11 is just across. Again, there are other eateries just beside subway called " Ba Fang Yun Ji", it sells AWESOME dumplings boiled and pan fried ones, just ask them how to eat it and they will show you the cordiments that goes with it. Cheap and MUST TRY!
4. Just at the junction as you walk to the MRT, there is a fantastic fruit store that does wholesale. Get your fruits there and munch in the room. Its reasonably priced and they wont overcharge you, all prices are list out clear and honest.
Hotel / Room Service:
1. Rooms are very clean, very spacious and Tv channels are enough to keep you quite entertained. However, the bath tubs are a stupid design as in the water would still leak out no matter how you try to keep the curtains in. Your floor still gets wet. Dumb design.
2. Breakfast timing is way silly , only 7-9am or 9.30am. So you never get to sleep in at all. On weekends, its till 10am. No more than that. I think thats an obvious way of just cutting cost because they ovbiously have no lunch crowd at this basement cafe. Or those service staff there needs to be chambermaid or something thats why they need to leave the cafe by 9am to do their other job. Its silly and for the week we stayed there, we mostly missed out breakfast. And if you read the other reviews, they have the same problem. But with Subway outside, I really dont care anyway cos breakfast is the same everyday. No change.
3. Lobby is extremely small. You might get frightened by the look of its lobby thinking it translate to the size of the room. but be assured that the room are fine. The lobby is just amazingly small.
4. Reception staff are fantastic. Ask them anythng and they would find out on the internet for you if they have no answers
5. Wifi is strong in the rooms.
6. Walls are quite thin. If you are unlucky you get a neighbor who switches on the air vent the entire night, your sleep is screwed. We had that and spoke to the reception about it, they willingly offered a change of room if they couldn't get the neighbours to shut up. So I am happy with that.
Overall, great stay, not the most expected corner of a place you find the hotel in. But nothing to worry about, its still a great location. We get good fruits and easy stroll to the MRT everyday and nothing beats having awesome breakfast alternatives at the doorstep, western subway or Chinese dumplings. Take your pick. I am happy to give this place a 8/10 if not for the stupid breakfast time and I was quite cheesed off with paying some nights for almost $180 which it definitely doesn't deserve. Anything around 80-120 is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beauty Hotels Taipei - Starbeauty Resort is conveniently located in Shihlin District. Starbeauty Resort offers a delightful location for both leisure and business travelers. Starbeauty Resort is within walking distance from MRT Jiantan station and Shihlin Tourist Night Market. And bus stops are just steps away to connect to Shihlin Presidential Residence, Beitou Hot Spring, National Palace Museum and Danshui Old Street in a short time. Starbeauty Resort is your second only home. The ease of transportation and wonderful location make Starbeauty Resort a nice accommodation for your Taipei travel.Starbeauty Resort has dozens of delicate guest rooms which all designed in special different characters. Starbeauty Resort has free wireless internet, business center, laundry services, currency exchange and valet parking. Guest rooms are equipped with LCD television, free mini bar, 24 hours high speed internet access, separate shower/bathtub. In addition, complimentary mouth-watering breakfast buffet is available during your stay! Welcome to Beauty Hotels Taipei - Starbeauty Resort. Starbeauty Resort is a preferred accommodation choice for guests seeking a comfortable stay. Starbeauty Resort is a good hotel which near Shihlin Night Market and meet your needs for lodgings and entertainments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Beauty Hotels Taipei - Starbeauty Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beauty Hotels Taipei - Starbeauty Hotel Taipei