“Wonderful first night in Taiwan!”
Review of Royal Biz Taipei

Royal Biz Taipei
Ranked #115 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Athens, Georgia
“Wonderful first night in Taiwan!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Posted Mar 03, 2014
Pros: everything was perfect!
Location: it is in Taipei in the Da-an district, so there are all the city attractions, restaurants & shopping
This was our first night in Taiwan, and it was a wonderful experience! The front desk staff folks were really nice, and spoke English well. The room was wonderful; they upgraded us at no charge to a King suite which had a sitting area separate from the bedroom. The bathroom was very nice with all the amenities, coffee maker & water bottles. The bed was very comfortable, and we had a great first night's sleep. We got a price that included breakfast, and it was one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever experienced! I am used to standard American breakfast fare, so was pleasantly surprised at the variety of foods on the menu, and it was so good! I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was a 5 star experience in my opinion!

Room Tip: Superior suite king room was amazing!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
RoyalBizTP, 經理 at Royal Biz Taipei, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are glad that you had a wonderful experience on your first night at Royalbiz Taipei, and discovered many good things in the nearby area.

Thank you very much for all the compliments and personal opinion that you have made.

You are most welcome to stay at our hotel again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

After staying at a number of different hotels throughout Taiwan, Royal Biz was definitely the best. The staff were very welcoming and polite. They had a good grasp of English, which was hard to find in Taiwan. We were greeted every time we walked out and returned to our hotel. Travel to the airport was conveniently arranged by them, and since there was a 24-hr front desk, it was easy to ask for any sort of assistance.

The room was beautiful. It had a office desk, TV, fridge, snack and wine cupboard, and armchair. After living in Ximending, it felt so relaxing, being in a room which was peaceful, with minimal noise and lights from the streets. The windows could of been a bigger, but after noticing that most Taiwanese hotels did not have windows installed, it was a relief to see one. The bathroom was big with a separate bathtub and shower.

Breakfast was complimentary, and was very satisfying.

Overall a great experience, and I definitely know where I will be staying the next time I am in Taipei!

Room Tip: 3rd and 7th floors are non-smoking
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
RoyalBizTP, 經理 at Royal Biz Taipei, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are grateful that after staying at a number of different hotels throughout Taiwan, you have considered Royalbiz as the best . Thank you very much for all the positive comments.

The hotel will continue providing our guest with the most luxurious and comfortable place to stay.

Hope to see you at Royalbiz on your next visit to Taipei!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Royal Biz Taipei. I felt a little mislead by the high ratings on TripAdvisor. It's a decent hotel but nothing more than 3 stars in my opinion. As my stay went on, the hotel grew on me, but after the first 24 hours, I was close to rating it 2 stars.

Pro's:
* VERY friendly staff. Very helpful and unbelievably friendly.
* Complimentary breakfast was very convenient and wide selection of food was very good.
* Conveniently located a few blocks away from the Metro Rail Train. The MRT gets you to almost anywhere you want to go sightseeing.
* Affordable price.

Con's:
* Terrible beds. Might have been the hardest, most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in.
* Mildly dirty carpets. I prefer hardwood floors in hotels but often times when they have carpet I'd at least expect the carpet to be clean. My room had noticeable stains on the carpet.
* Upon walking into my room, the bed had several hairs in it. As I looked some more, found more hairs on my pillows. That stuff grosses me out in hotels. If the sheets were properly washed, why should there be hair in it?

If you're looking for a good value on a hotel, I can recommend the Royal Biz. My problem with it is that the reviews made it seem like you're getting luxury. It's far from luxury. Had my expectations been different after reading the reviews, I either would have selected a different hotel or wouldn't have had high hopes for it.

I have to reiterate that the rock hard beds make it difficult to sleep at night. However, at least you get to wake up to a good, complementary breakfast. It could be a good hotel, depending on the purpose and budget of your visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaximusLA
Royalbiz, 經理 at Royal Biz Taipei, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
We regret to what you have experience during your stay at the hotel! We can not find any record of the complaint that you have mentioned, you might not have bring this up with our front office staff.
Would it be possible for you to provide us with the exact date and room number of your last stay at our hotel for us to look into this matter?
Should you have a chance to stay at our hotel again in the near future, any unsatisfactory you feel during your stay, please let us know immediately for us to take action right away.
The hotel beds we used in the room are of medium standard firmness suitable for the great majority of guests, Should you require a much softer bed, inform us during your reservation.
Please let us know in advance your request for the next stay at our hotel. We made it a point to satisfy the needs of every guest.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The staff were so friendly but also helpful--arranging a taxi, writing names of places in mandarin, packing a breakfast box when our train meant leaving early and missing the breakfast buffet. Rooms were comfortable, with good lighting and quiet. Little bonuses like a small fruit plate in the room each day and complementary tea and coffee service in the lounge. Plus location is great -- near 2 subway stations and yongkang road which has some of the city's best eateries and loads of charm. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cynthia S
Paris, France
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My boss referred this hotel to me and I should say that this is truly a spectacular hotel with great customer care. It is more like a three star hotel and has a great value for money spent. I was new to this place and the hotel staff was helping me out with the tour plan and arranged a wonderful cab with a caring driver. I almost walked to the nearest metro station called DongMen. The services offered are very personalized and it was great to be there. Needless to say, the rooms were clean and they offered good service during my stay. On the whole, a fantastic hotel in Taipei when compared to other hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PennyOswol
Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Taken in context of a 3 star hotel in Taipei, which is a major city in a developed country, the hotel is value for money. The biggest kudos is the friendly service of the frontline staff. Always courteous and attentive, they were also helpful in recommending activities and places to visit, including offering hot baths in Beitou that are frequented by the locals, rather than the usual spots frequented by tourists.

For a 3 star hotel, the breakfast is certainly more sumptuous compared to other 3 star hotels in cities I've stayed, be it in Munich, Salzburg, Hong Kong, New Orleans, Florida etc.

For room spaciousness and comfort, it's almost comparable or as good as some of the 5 star hotels I've stayed in.

It's 5-10min walk from Dongmen MRT station. Just ask the train station master for directions when you alight. Or just ask any pedestrian when you are out there. Taiwanese, including city folks in Taipei, are very friendly. If you don't speak Mandarin, then be patient if the passerby you asked isn't conversant in the language. But when you do speak mandarin, it's really great city to navigate about and make friends in.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Colin Y
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My family of 3 stayed in Royal Biz Taipei for 2 nites on 3 & 4 Dec. A small boutique hotel n the room decor are warm with nice bath tub & a very good rain shower. Breakfast is of good quality. Staff are all very friendly n helpful. About 7 mins walk to DongMen metro station and is within walking distance to eating & shopping areas.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family