We highly recommend this nice, small, western-style hotel for both business travelers and vacationers. We stayed here for 6 wonderful nights in late January 2011, and absolutely loved it for its:
(1) convenient location and spacious, comfortable, well-appointed rooms
(2) free breakfast buffet of both western and estern styles, including hamlets made to order
(3) free access to 24hr business center
(4) free wi-fi in hotel everywhere
(5) free coffee/tee, biscuits in a beautifully- appointed self-service café-lounge;
(6) spacious room ($105/delux); separate bathtub and glass-walled shower stall with 2 shower heads. Free room amenities include: daily English/Chinese newspaper, fresh fruit plate, bottle water, instant coffee/tee bags and a hot water pot
(6) Thin-TV with multiple channels in English, including CNN and HBO
(7) extremely friendly and helpful staff, and all of them speak excellent English.
The subway stations, and some major attractions such as National Taiwan Museum, Zhong Zheng Memorial, National Cultural Center, Performing Art Center, are only about 20 mins walk away. Various types of restaurants, including the famous Dintaifung (must try their world-famous little steamed damplings) and Silver Wing are only a few minutes away. We spent 6 lovely nights here. Their helpful staff helped us map out the bus/subway routes to major attractions, shows, hiking areas, restaurants..and shopping. Hotel also provides once-per-day free shuttle service to nearby attractions. At any rate, taxis are readily available and inexpensive.
The few drawbacks of this hotel might be its lack of a view from the room windows, and there is ni in-house bar or restaurant. If you open the windows in your room, you only see the residential buildings, which are quite old. The carpets in the room can also use some shampooing. Grouts in shower stall needs some scrubbing.
But, everytying else in the hotel is quite modern in decor, very clean and pleasant. During our stay, we saw happy 2 vacationing couples from Norway, Hong Kong, and a few American businessmen.
Las Vegas, 01/29/11
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Biz Taipei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Biz Taipei Hotel Taipei
- Royal Biz Hotel Taipei