“Look for other hotels...”

Hansome Business Hotel Taipei
Ranked #447 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

there are residents staying in the building...dogs barked at us when we walked past their flat. loud noise heard in the middle of the night. The room was below our expectation, forget about the breakfast as the spread was horrible... Good points: the location is near ximending and the hotel staffs were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank xltripper

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This Hotel is located right in the middle of the great Ximending of Taipei. I stayed here 2 nights with my wife 2 days after Soala Typhoon left Taiwan.
Although it's rather strange to have reception area on 4th floor, we were greeted well as soon as we met with the receptionists. I booked this hotel through Asiaroom.com and I was surprised when I was asked to pay our room stay in cash term. Luckily though, I brought enough cash. Otherwise, I could imagine that I'd need to walk to ATM before coming back for check-in. I feel that it would've been better if the hotel could inform in advanced to avoid surprising their guests.
Anyway, the walkway decorations feels cosy, where the same goes to the room setting. 42" LCD screen was mounted strategically in eye sight level to the bed, which is great, although we barely have time to watch it since the atmosphere was so happening outside the hotel.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay at this hotel. Most of all, the location is just great!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daeren
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Location is convenient but hard to find out the entrance.
Room is small with beautiful decoration.
Surcharge if pay by credit card.
Saw a poster with “smoking is prohibited” but smelled cigarette smoke in the room

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Evating
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The hotel is value for the money we spent (7 of us - 2 quad rooms - est. SGD240/pax). Firstly, the staff there are pretty friendly and helpful. The 2 quad rooms that we stayed in were not bad- cleaners will clean and change sheets/towels everyday & they provide sufficient amenities too. Only thing to complain is, the air-con is a tad too cold. Also, the hotel is just a 10min walk to Xi Men Ding and Metro station, so that's a plus point. Overall, my friends and I are satisfied with our 7days stay.

Note: I think none of the staff there understands or speaks in english, so it's important that you know how to email/speak in mandarin/chinese.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jocart300
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The building condition is a bit old, but the room itself seems recently renovated. Generally, a comfortable stay.

Location is convenient, as it is a short walk to the Ximending Night Market.
Initially, you may have some problem locating the hotel as the entrance is situated in a side alley.

Amenities (hair dryer, toiletries, towels) provided. A mini-bar and kettle are provided. Tea\coffee sachets and bottles of drinking water are provided and replenished daily.

WIFI in the room is very good.

However, upgrade to a Superior twin to a Family (quart) room to accommodate 3 persons was charged the listed room rate with no concession.

Would not recommend this hotel to others as there are better ones around the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Rebecca388
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The room would have been OK for the price it was offered. Lo and behold, I found a piece of pubic hair on the toilet seat left by the previous guest. Not IN the toilet bowl, but ON the toilet seat itself. My flight came in past midnight, and by the time I had settled in and was about to use the bathroom it was already past 2 am. There was no staff around except at the reception. Thankfully there was an electric kettle in the room. I spent 30 min boiling water and pouring it over the toilet seat and the shower tiles, in order for me to feel that it was clean enough to use. The bathroom would not have been so bad, as I have seen much worse. I suppose it was just the sight of that hair strand that made my skin crawl and uncomfy throughout the entire stay. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alteriors I
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My friend and I decided to go on a budget hotel that is close to central of Taipei. Oh my god, Han She Hotel is like 20 meters from Ximenting, 5 mins walk to Ximen MRT Station and Ximen Red House, 15 mins walk to Huaxi street and only an MRT stop away from Taipei Main Station! We paid a total of SGD $850 for 8 days stays. Of coz, not totally perfect. The hotel entrance in thru a side alley, the lobby is at 4th sty, and well, the hook at the hotel door is spoiled and the exit light in the room is really bright until even when all the lights are switched off, the room is still very bright. I guess need to accept this for a 3 star hotel. Cabs are really easily available, coz just opposite is a huge KTV lounge and lots of drunk youngsters take cabs to go home at 3 am in the morning after a happening night's out.

Room Tip: Bring an eye mask, just incase you got a room that has really bright green exit light.