“Average hotel but Bad Personal Experience !” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Riverview Taipei

Hotel Riverview Taipei
Ranked #362 of 564 Hotels in Taipei
Shanghai, China
“Average hotel but Bad Personal Experience !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Location of the hotel is close to XiMenDin shopping area with many fast food outlets. It is definitely a tourist class hotel with many groups check in & check out. Breakfast is terrible in term of quality & selection, ( also TOO MANY People !!) not worth waking up early !

My first night stay 10th July 2014- around 6 pm to 7 pm, the electricity broke down & complete black up for 5 times. I asked to change room after the 5th time !

On my check out day 15th July 2014, I forgot to take my newly bought clothes from Zara ( 3 skirts & 1 shorts) as I left them in the 1st drawer of the Hotel room writing desk.

My flight from Taipei to Shanghai was delayed 5 hours so I arrived Shanghai on 15th July night very late. The following day when I unpacked my luggage, I remembered that I have actually left my clothes in the hotel room drawer. I called the hotel, immediately, the front desk staff named Ms Wu told me that she would check and call me back.

Within 5 minutes, she called me and told me Housekeeping did not find any lost item from the room I stayed.

I asked could the items been taken by the guest who check in after I left the room? Ms Wu insisted that the room was cleaned immediately after I check out at 11:00 noon and the staff has opened & checked all drawers and did not see anything left behind.

I am 100% positive that I kept my clothes in the drawer and I have forgotten to take them away upon check out. Since the housekeeping staff would check EVERY DRAWER when they clean the room, how could they NOT find my items in the drawer?

Honesty is more important than any Good Service or Value - a hotel can provide !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. Overall, the rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was acceptable; best part of it was the porridge and the guava which was delicious. And of the course the view from the 12th floor restaurant is fantastic.

Location wise, although you can walk to Ximending area, its still some distance to the MRT. It may be quite tiring to walk especially at the end of a long day and the last block before the hotel is rather quiet as most of the shops are closed in the late evening. However, it is possible to take a short cab ride from Ximen station exit as the hotel is known to cab drivers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank romm
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We're a family of five, and we booked two triple rooms (with 3 single beds in each room). Here's a quick breakdown of our experience:

Service:
As stated in the other reviews, the service received at the hotel was good. Concierge and reception were polite, and offered help whenever we needed it. Housekeeping did a good job in keeping the rooms clean and tidy.

Location:
The hotel is located just 2-3 minutes away from the bustling Ximending area. We could easily walk to Ximending. Ximen MRT station is just 10 minutes away.

Rooms:
One would think it would be quiet at night because of the hotel's location (away from the crowd), but we still could not sleep very well (2 of us are light sleepers) because the hotel's located right beside the expressway. We were on the 9th floor. The room was alright - pretty basic. The provision of disposable toothbrushes and shower caps were a nice touch.

Facilities:
Besides the Chinese restaurant on the 1st floor and the main restaurant (for breakfast) on the 12th floor, don't expect much. The bar on the 1st floor was like a simple cafe, with a handful of tables and chairs.

F&B:
Breakfast was included during our stay. The view from the restaurant was spectacular, but the food was mediocre. Nonetheless, it was of acceptable quality. I would suggest having the porridge, where you can choose pork floss, pickles, picked radish, etc, to add to your porridge. Although simple, it was probably the best dish offered at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JesslynP90
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as part of my tour package. When I first arrived at the hotel, there were many people at the lobby waiting with their tour groups. I would definitely not recommend this to travellers travelling on their own. The noise from the crowded tour groups might be a little annoying.

The hotel room was small and it seems a little old with the orange lighting in the room. Most of the rooms overlook Taipei's highway which was quite nice. The breakfast menu was average, nothing fancy and they serve standard international breakfast - toast, cereals etc. The wifi inside the room was weak. It is only possible to get a secure network if you are near the lift or at the hotel's lobby.

Location wise, the hotel is walking distance away from the main Ximending shopping district which is very convenient. 7-eleven and Family Mart is also about 5 mins walk away from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jolene Y

Travellers are raving about these Taipei hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Location is quite good, walking distance to Ximending, with some eateries along the way. I booked a triple bed room, room is small. Nothing special about breakfast. If you want to avoid crowd during breakfast time, please go before 7.30 am or after 8.30 am.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank swl002
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our guide told us that this hotel is considered a five-star hotel but unfortunately, it falls flat because the interior is pretty old fashioned. Another negative point was the smell of cigarettes on both nights I was staying there. The hotel tried to find the culprit and offered us a machine to get rid of the smell but was of no use. However, it has a great view of the river at the restaurant on the highest floor and is about 15 minutes walk to Ximending which is a shopping haven.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Hotel is relatively near to Ximending, about 10 minutes walk away. Service from staff is very good. The room is the downside of the experience, small and really old. I must say generally clean and acceptable but about time to renovate the rooms. Lovely breakfast area which overlooks the Danshui.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends