“Great Location, Friendly Staff”
Review of Take a Nap Hotel

Take a Nap Hotel
Ranked #323 of 1,253 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Location, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I was travelling to Bangkok alone and wanted to stay somewhere affordable yet safe. After researching for a while, Take A Nap seemed like a good place. I wasn't disappointed!
The moment I stepped in, the staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave me 2 maps - one normal and one for bts and also told me that there was free wifi in the room and the lobby.
Each room are unique in its design ( I saw it online but was only convinced when I stayed here twice and i got 2 very different designs). My first one was of eiffel tower and the next one was on pop art. The double room - s is just nice with space to open my 29" luggage! Also the room also came with cable tv, mirror, dressing table and hangers. On both occasions, toilets were clean and towels were available.
Morning breakfast is simple with either noodles or pancakes along with eggs and sausages and toast. They also provided coffee, tea, milk, cereals and yogurt.
Location is fantastic, near both bts and mrt and also patpong night market. Having said so, it is safe and not rowdy.
The staff are very helpful and friendly. I tried asking for nearby wet market to buy fruits and the staff gave me directions to the nearest market. Also when I moved from Take A Nap to another apartment, I asked the staff to help me call a cab and tell the driver the address in thai. The staff took a look at the namecard and told me that the address is too vague and he took it upon himself to go search online and called the apartment office to get directions. In addition, he printed out the map for me and helped to write down the full address and contact number. This marks real good service.
I would recommend this to any travellers looking for valued stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank SzeMin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Quezon City
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Last June 5, we checked in with Take-a-Nap and as soon as we enter, C and Joy welcomed us with all smiles and gave us the key to our room. We took the Pinky room and it was very clean and cozy. There's already a suggested itinerary at the back of the door in case you don't have any plans yet but right after we settled in, we asked for C and Joy what to do at that time (it was around 4pm), they suggested we take the Chao Phraya River Cruise instead so we can take a glimpse of the temples.

That night, it was Tuk-ta who was very accommodating to suggest what can we do the next day and we went to Ayutthaya. She was very friendly that she even prepared for us two copies of directions how to go to Ayutthaya: one was in English and another in Thai so it would be easier for the cab drivers to bring us to our destination.

The breakfast was simple and yet fulfilling and they were so kind to let us take a shower after our Ayutthaya trip. And so we will soon return there especially the place is a convenient location from the skytrain, from the night market and Patpong!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed here for one night, the first coming we all surprised with the room, we have booked 1 room shared for 4 persons, but the capacity for 5 persons. So I think its very spacious for us.
I can't sleep well because the beds are very hard, like sleeping on board. the room was clean, but the smell of the room is very bad, (I think smoking smell) . Even I take the air freshener for the room, its NOT changed. The breakfast so-so.
I think , I wont come back to this hostel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Stayed here after arriving late and needing to catch a train the next morning early and all the hotels near Lamphong seemed quite grotty.. Staff were excellent and even offered to bring breakfast forward 30 minutes to 6:30 since we had to leave really early. Nice and clean. It was only 40bht taxi-meter to the station and about 5 minutes.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fawlty_T0wers
Trincomalee
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have just spent four nights at Take A Nap, and I have only good things to say about it, competitively priced, central location, very clean, friendly staff, relatively large rooms with enough personal space and no bunk beds, own area including personal safe, hot showers all the time....and ...and...and...FREE high-speed WIFI all over the place. If you are coming to BKK definitely put this at the top of your choices for budget accommodation. I'll be returning for sure :o) 07/06/2011

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank john-o-bean
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed 26 May 2011

First time I was here was with 5 other friends, so we got to check in the dorm room. Good value for our Baht. There were power outlets for each bed, a small table, a tiny space to hang our clothes/towel. The bed was a bit too low and hard for me, but all in all, I enjoyed my stay. I also got to stay in 2 other rooms after that. My friend and I had a problem with one room at the 2nd floor, we could smell cig smoke coming out of the A/C and we could hear the next door neighbor's chatter. The room's spaciousness made up for the noise and stench, I guess but who needs a big room when it's noisy and stinky.
My next stay was with 2 other friends, we got a room good for 3, 2 twin beds and 1 double. We had what we needed. So, that was good.
Also enjoyed the yogurt in the buffet style breakfast.
Staff was friendly, helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesnt stink.