“Nice & clean budget hotel”
Review of Take a Nap Hotel

Take a Nap Hotel
Ranked #342 of 1,307 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I took a risk and went to Bangkok from 28th - 31st Oct. At first I wanted to cancel my trip due to the flood in Bangkok. The hotel was so kind and they told me that they will keep my deposit for 1 year. At the end, I came and I was happy with the hotel. It's simple, clean & comfortable. The hotel staff are nice and polite. I will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Khai2509

Reviewed 15 September 2011

-few minutes walk from Sala Daeng BTS Station & the famous Silom district;
-close to Bug & Bee (24 hours cafe, recommended: all day brunch), Nooddi (for those who like noodles) ;
-continental breakfast is included (toast, cereal, egg, sausage, milk, coffee, yogurt);
-rooms were decorated in different graphics wall (we took the Central Park double S room. Thought would be very small but unexpectedly was quite spacious. Room has no window but equipped with air-con, fan & ventilator. We turned off the ventilator cos it will be quite disturbing at night.)
-Staffs were very friendly & helpful (patiently gave very detailed instructions to our Thai friends who wanted to pick us up at the guesthouse)
-free internet

Room Tip: Before you pick a room, read the room description & floor plans attached to know its facilities...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngChiaLing
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed here for the main reason... it's near Patpong!!!! Very convenient, very near! Near BTS and MRT. For me, this is the best hostel in Silom area. We stayed in 3 rooms for 3 different days (due to room unavailabilty) but it was ok. My friend left his iPod inside the 1st room and they returned it! If they were honest, no more questions asked. Awesomeness. Very recommendable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank bumblebenny
Reviewed 12 September 2011

It's a distance from the airport, but very near the bts - so you can practically go anywhere on as transportation is soo convenient (I love the bts n mrt!) We took a taxi from the airport and it cost us 1800 baht 2 ways (we pre-booked the cab for our return ride to the airport). I think we got duped with the price, but as long as it got us to the right destination safely!
Take a Nap hotel is a very quaint place, which has a really cool art deco idea. Our room was Big Blossom - beds were comfy, although somewhat creaky and we could feel the springs at times. The staff (it's a family run business) are very nice and they offered us advise telling us to be careful and not to get tricked out there (gem scare, etc). the 3 nights we stayed there we had a good and peaceful time. Once our tv had bad reception and the person incharge came and fixed it immediately. You can request for a hairdryer at the lobby too.
They clean the room daily and bathroom has water heater.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Very well located between both MRT and BTS stations also very near to bus stop. It is clean and crisp. The bedsheets and towels are changed everyday and the rooms are very tidy. We stayed in 'lets rock room' its not too big but good enough for two adults. The bed is comfy and the bathroom is spacious and clean. Hot-water is 24hrs available in the bathroom. The breakfast is simple but filling enough. The sta ff is good especially Tan who is at the reception is always willing to help you and also knows good english. The hotel is very near the Patpong night market so every night we used party their. Most importantly..this place is not fancy but very adore able in its own way..anyways if you are in bangkok why spend time and money in a fancy hotel..Take a nap is a clean, safe and cheap place to sleep at nights..rest spend your money partying, shopping and exploring bangkok!! also free wifi!!

Room Tip: bigger rooms are front facing
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I was travelling to Bangkok alone and wanted to stay somewhere affordable yet safe. After researching for a while, Take A Nap seemed like a good place. I wasn't disappointed!
The moment I stepped in, the staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave me 2 maps - one normal and one for bts and also told me that there was free wifi in the room and the lobby.
Each room are unique in its design ( I saw it online but was only convinced when I stayed here twice and i got 2 very different designs). My first one was of eiffel tower and the next one was on pop art. The double room - s is just nice with space to open my 29" luggage! Also the room also came with cable tv, mirror, dressing table and hangers. On both occasions, toilets were clean and towels were available.
Morning breakfast is simple with either noodles or pancakes along with eggs and sausages and toast. They also provided coffee, tea, milk, cereals and yogurt.
Location is fantastic, near both bts and mrt and also patpong night market. Having said so, it is safe and not rowdy.
The staff are very helpful and friendly. I tried asking for nearby wet market to buy fruits and the staff gave me directions to the nearest market. Also when I moved from Take A Nap to another apartment, I asked the staff to help me call a cab and tell the driver the address in thai. The staff took a look at the namecard and told me that the address is too vague and he took it upon himself to go search online and called the apartment office to get directions. In addition, he printed out the map for me and helped to write down the full address and contact number. This marks real good service.
I would recommend this to any travellers looking for valued stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank SzeMin
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Last June 5, we checked in with Take-a-Nap and as soon as we enter, C and Joy welcomed us with all smiles and gave us the key to our room. We took the Pinky room and it was very clean and cozy. There's already a suggested itinerary at the back of the door in case you don't have any plans yet but right after we settled in, we asked for C and Joy what to do at that time (it was around 4pm), they suggested we take the Chao Phraya River Cruise instead so we can take a glimpse of the temples.

That night, it was Tuk-ta who was very accommodating to suggest what can we do the next day and we went to Ayutthaya. She was very friendly that she even prepared for us two copies of directions how to go to Ayutthaya: one was in English and another in Thai so it would be easier for the cab drivers to bring us to our destination.

The breakfast was simple and yet fulfilling and they were so kind to let us take a shower after our Ayutthaya trip. And so we will soon return there especially the place is a convenient location from the skytrain, from the night market and Patpong!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends