“Take A Nap”

Ranked #311 of 1,217 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Langkawi
“Take A Nap”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This hotel is clean, convenient and with friendly staffs who can speak English and helpful. Room can fit in 3 person and you can request for an extra bed. Reasonable price and breakfast is provided. Wifi is also available for free. Located at a convenient location.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
belgium
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Being a regular visitor of Take a Nap, I was once again happy to stay here. As said before, the location is one of the best features, and the staf is realy helpfull. There was a small problem with my first room but the staff solved the problem quicly and to my satisfaction. Perhaps, the matrasses are a bit hard, and the breakfast could be better, but at their rates I can have my BF nearby in a restaurant. See you again later!

Room Tip: Be aware that singles are realy small, as mentioned on their site. Better book a double.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank perdolan
Philippines
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed here for three nights with two other friends. We chose the "In the Pink" room; it included one big bed that could fit 2-4 people, and two single beds. It was more spacious than expected, and it included a television with a few local channels. The sleeping area was very clean. We paid 1600 THB each for a three-night stay. Not bad at all!

The bathroom was very spacious, and a hot shower was available, though the drainage smelled funky during the first two nights of our stay.

The dresser's mirror was kinda small and it didn't have its own light, so it was quite hard to apply my makeup there. I had to either go to the bathroom or open the curtains to let the sunlight in. I could hear the soft sound of cars passing through the flyover in front of the hotel, but it didn't bother me too much. Also, it took a while for the room to actually get cold once we opened the air conditioner. Nonetheless, I had a good night's sleep.

I was kind of bothered when we went back to our room on our second night and found our clothes and things all mixed up after one of the staff cleaned it. Some of the clothes I left on my bed were stuffed into the unlocked front pocket of my luggage. I didn't lose anything, though.

The WiFi was fast enough for googling information, loading maps or browsing Facebook and Twitter on my phone, but the signal was quite weak in our room. For those who don't have their own devices, two PCs are conveniently available at the lobby. They also had a selection of guidebooks and maps available at the front desk.

The breakfast wasn't that great, but it was enough to get me energized in the morning. Typically they provided slices of bread with jams and butter, instant coffee, a selection of cereals, milk, sunny side up eggs, fried rice/noodles, sausages, yogurt, coffee and orange juice. It was quite impressive that they provided that much, considering how little we paid for our stay there.

The staff was very accommodating and helpful; they were able to answer all our inquiries and attend to our needs. Our flight out of Bangkok was scheduled at midnight, and they allowed us to keep our luggage in their storage room after check-out time until we left for the airport.

Lastly, the hostel's location is excellent! It was a five-minute walk away from Sala Daeng station and a short walk away from Surawong Road, where we found many food stalls, convenience stores, money changers, Japanese restaurants and even a Starbucks branch. The Patpong Market/red light district is also a mere 10-minute walk away.

This hostel is great for anybody traveling to Bangkok on a budget. All things considered, I would stay here again. :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lyssp
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Our room very tiny, we are feel not comfortable and the room towel not clean. We can hear next room when they on the television, the wall make by wood, I don't feel very safe. We are very disappointed for the hotel especially breakfast, everyday are same and the taste not good, fried rice+fried egg+sausage, fried noodle+fried egg+sausage, the food always cool if we ate around 9am, when I ate the breakfast 1st day, the yogurt already expire date, another day we can't believe it, the bread also expire date! So we stayed here 6 days, every morning we still need to spend money to go out eat even the hotel included breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Look at travelers pics instead of profesional pics. We stayed 2 nights here when we first arrived in Bangkok. Was an o.k. place, if I had to do again I would pay more to stay in a nicer hotel due to the long flight. You really need to be comfortable the 1st couple of nights. Cost us around 500 Bt to get here from the airport by taxi. Take the sky train if you get in early enough too, cheaper. As close market 2 blocks away.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

First the positive - the staff here are great. Really friendly, happy to help and keen to go the extra mile.

Looking at the reviews and the website I was under the impression this is some kind of funky little boutique-type guesthouse. It's not. The vague attempts at fancy decor were pretty poor and to be honest I'd rather they had spent the money on providing a decent mattress.

What also wasn't clear was that this guesthouse is next to nightclub and a 6 lane highway. If you are a light sleeper, do not stay here. I was at the end of a tour around SE Asia in multiple guesthouses, I consider myself someone who can sleep almost anywhere - not here though!

We were unfortunate enough to have an outside corner room so we had the pleasure of traffic noise and the drum beat thudding through the wall. Eventually we gave up and asked to move. We were given an internal room on the 2nd floor - much quieter - until everyone came home from the clubs and the air-cons all went on. I can only describe the noise as like being inside a vacuum cleaner as the walls resonated with the fans from the multiple compressor units above us.

For the money there are some much nicer places to stay in Bangkok, if you want fast access to the red light district then consider this place - otherwise look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you must stay here make sure you book an inside room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Whitey762
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in Pub Twin Room. Booked to their official website at 800THB/room/night, paid 3,5% deposit via online payment and remaining balance upon check in. They do accept both cash and credit card for the payment. You have to pay 100THB cash for entrance card (not a room key), it does refundable upon check out. Room keys comes as manual ordinary key, entrance card comes as a card. Even though they provide you with entrance card, but you can open the entrance without a card, do questioning the useful of this card!

Bedrooms comes with almost amenities that you need, AC, hanger, dressing table, telephone, safe box, TV, water heater, 2 cups, coffee& tea set up, one pillow for each bed, and comfy duvet, sheet is totally clean. But the wall and the ceiling is not that clean, lots of spider web and a little bit dusty.

Bathroom isn’t shower over toilet, so you can have a good bath time. Shampoo & liquid soap provided in container, tissue roll, two bath towels, but the hot water isn’t quite hot even after a few minutes.

Breakfast is more than enough for me, simple, but do comply all you need for morning starter. I think all the room price is include b/fast

They provide tour service as well with a very reasonable price. September is raining season in Bangkok, make sure you bring your umbrella, you can borrow from reception.

Hotel location map direction in their website is quite confusing, you can ask them to email you the updated map, print our & bring this with you, and believe me you will need this. Location as other reviewed already, close to BTS Sala Daeng. Pathpong night market 10 minutes walking, beware do not tempt to buy any show from all the guys in the street. Not much food vendors along the way, mostly It’s restaurant, pub, bars.

Travel Tips!! Please check with the reception for royal schedule, if they do have royal family in the grand palace for example, afternoon time, usually they will close the palace earlier and close the river boat as well by specific timing. You don't want end up having no transportation apart of taxi.

Room Tip: Always check the room availability by email even though it’s fully booked in the website, probably t...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends