“Great Service”

Ranked #308 of 1,186 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“Great Service”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The best thing I loved about this hotel is the service. The staff were very accommodating and helpful to say the least. I surely appreciate that they reply to my emails so speedily. Of all the places I stayed at during our Indochina trip, this hotel had the most helpful staff. I didn't even mind the small rooms, I found them cozy. Our friends booked the bigger rooms and such rooms will surely fill your need for space. The elevator was a plus. The wear and tear was showing though and the rooms could use some uplift or some heavy cleaning, and I wish guests didn't smoke in the bedroom too. The breakfast could have used more variety but overall, I'd stay there again without a doubt. Oh and the location is truly very good. From the Suvarnabhumi airport, you can just hop on the BTS and jump off the Phathaya station. From there, a cab wont be a bad idea (around 60 Baht). Be sure to download the Thai text of its location or ask for some assistance at the tourist desk at the station. In case the language barrier becomes a problem, always keep the phone number of your hotel in your pocket and don't hesitate to ask the Taxi driver to call it for you.

Room Tip: Choose the bigger rooms if you're claustrophobic. rooms for 5 pax and up are often very generous...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 June 2013

If you're looking for a budget yet comfortable stay in Bangkok, this is the place. If the 3mins walk to the nearest BTS, Patpong night market, major bars and clubs and a big shopping mall doesn't meet your requirements, then I think nothing else will. The amenities were satisfactory: towels, cable TV, hot showers, clean bathroom, free wifi and daily room service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Auroville
Reviewed 23 May 2013

location: good, 8 min walking distance to skytrain and metro. Very welcoming team. Simple but sufficient breakfast included. Near by a great supermarket and food stalls. Expensive in relation to what you can get in Kao San Road, but ok deal for this area of town. Overbooked, hence - call in great advance!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This is my third stay with Take a Nap Hotel. I arrived in Bangkok on May 16th and found out that I actually booked the hotel on the 17th. However the staff was very nice to me and gave me another room. I moved to my room the next day. I took a tour to Floating Market from the hotel and it was an enjoyable experience. The hotel location is good near BTS Saladaeng & MRT Samyan. Overall I'm very satisfied with the hotel and it makes me keep coming back to the hotel. The warm welcome from the hotel staff and their smiles make me feel like home. Something I noticed, the hotel now provides wifi for the hotel guess and the connection is fast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

i' ve been twice in Take a nap in Bangkok.
is clean and confortable and the stuff is very nice and helpful.
some of the guys at the receptions speak good English or good enought for give you some advices.
i can really reccomended, is not far away from Siam square shopping center, the best shopping center ever see in my life (but a bit expensive).
the station is very close and around the corner is full of restaurant and things to do during the night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I can say that we found the location of Take A Nap as very good because we were just within walking distance from various points of interest that were included in our itinerary of must-do things to see, eat and watch. A lot of things were just around the corner street!

Our room was big for the 3 of us so that was great! Plus, the staff were very nice! Very helpful also when we asked for directions going to some places. And they also arranged for our airport service on our departure date and the rate was very reasonable.

Will definitely recommend this to friends when visiting BKK! =)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Location wise just okay. The Sala Daeng station is around 10 mins walk and that would bring you to Siam Square and the Chatuchak market conveniently. There will be a lot of walking if u decide to stay here. When you enter to check in you will smell the bad odour due to poor ventilation in the breakfast area (low ceiling). IMO the room we got was okay. The deco is old and not maintained. We took the room without the window cos its cheap but dont worry, there is a ventilation fan that we keep switched on all day. The disappointing part of the room is the bathroom. The bathroom tiles were painted white and it looked so dirty. The bathroom floor finishing has stains on it. A better touch up would be nice.

Laundry will cost you 200 baht for a fully filled laundry bag.

Free wifi even in rooms with strong signal.

Service is very good though.

• Stayed March 2013