“Friendly staff with decently clean room”
Review of Take a Nap Hotel

Take a Nap Hotel
Ranked #325 of 1,245 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Friendly staff with decently clean room”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Walking distance to Sam Yan MRT and Saladaeng BTS. The staff are friendly and can speak english well. The room are comfortable with different themes. The staff even suprised us with a cake on our last day of stay as it was my nephew's birthday. :) The breakfast variety not much but more than enough to start a day :) Worth the stay with the price you paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
KL, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 4 years ago thanks to a friend's recommendation and over the years I have been back to BKK and discovered that this place has not changed. Still value, clean and it's not that far from BTS, all the night life action, food and yet reasonably quiet. I suppose if I have to put a con - the coloured paper walls are abit dated so maybe something new then? Here's to another 4 more years

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Danielwongkaifai
Puchong, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

2 night stay in this budget hotel.
Location: Strategic, there are restaurants and convenience shops nearby until late at night, not far to MRT and BTS station. But, not so quiet as the hotel facing the main road where you can hear vehicles passby.
Buffet breakfast: Very simple breakfast, please don't expect much on budget hotel, contains: fried rice with bad taste; sausages which were not fried, we assumed they steamed it; eggs; white breads with jam and butter; cereals; coffee or tea packs provided for you to serve yourself. On the first day, we woke up early and saw 4 yogurt given. On second day stay, we were a bit late and there was no more yogurt, I guess only 4 yogurt provided in a morning. We ate the same food for 2 days, which was toasted bread with egg and coffee.
Internet: Free but super slow, even I used watsapp also loaded very very slow. Can't imagine if load a webpage.
Bathroom: Equipped with heater but water just a bit warmer than normal tap water even if you adjust to maximum. We only went back hotel at night just to bath and sleep, for 2 nights I didn't wash my hair cause its too cold at night and feel very uncomfortable.
Staff: Helpful and friendly. The kettle in our room seems rusty and when we request for a change, the staff immediately help us to find another kettle. They don't speak English very well, so we have to use simple English.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mandalay, Mandalay, Myanmar
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Had a 3 night stay at this hotel. My room was single person @ 1000 THB with buffet breakfast and complementary water and yogurt. The room is not that big but clean and comfortable bed. The breakfast was good, it has cereals, rice, eggs, etc. The location of the hotel is good, it is nearby Sam Yan MRT Station and nearby Suwarong and Silom roads.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Ludwigsburg, Germany
Reviewed 29 December 2013

A nice hostel for a small pocket. The rooms are made in different styles. You got free wifi and air con. The breakfast is ok. The staff is great i leave my bag there for 2 weeks it cost nothing and it was still there when i came back. Also if u have a question about anything the staff will help u !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sebastian W
Mindanao, Philippines
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Its my first time to travel alone in the infamous place Bangkok. I booked directly thru their website. I had a correction on my bookings and they gladly rearranged it. I arrived around 2:00am and the staff was helpful. The internet connection is fast (easy posting of pictures in Facebook). Whenever I go out I ask for their help on the directions and to write it in Thai so that the taxi or bus driver can easily read it. The MRT line Sam Yan is just a few walk away (cross the street and go left, Exit 2 is right after the mal or upon exit from this hostel go left and another entrance of Sam Yan MRT is near). BTS Saladeang is also near plus the bus station for Bus #47 or 50 going to MBK is a few steps to your left. My room is a double room, small but clean. Breakfast is sufficient for me. Overall I liked my stay in Take a Nap Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank myralakwatsera
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

i booked this hotel, wait this hostel i mean bcoz i was very curious and interested about the concept. When i arrived there, a woman with a very short hair asked me directly for my booking voucher from agoda but i showed by my phone the voucher and she said she already knew it. Tuinngg...! And after i receive the room key, she advised me for bringing print out my voucher next time coming. You think?! I was a "go-show" traveller. Do i need to bring any printer only for this?. Come on this is 2013. And this is my first time since i book from agoda the hotel staff asked for voucher.
I went up to my room on 4th floor, along the way to lift, i saw rubbish drop full of garbage openly. And something weird smell in that floor. Arrived in my room, another smelly thing in my room. And the very disgusting, there are some of stains on the bed cover. Wont wait too long, not more than 30 minutes in that room, i checked out. Bye.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends