“Great service, location, amenities, and staff”

FuramaXclusive Asoke
Ranked #256 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Irvine, California
“Great service, location, amenities, and staff”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights in December 2013. My wife and I were part of an international tour group (18 people) and everyone rated this hotel as very good. The hotel has a small jacuzzi, a sauna, a small gym/workout room and a bar by the pool. We had a deluxe room. It was clean and had great air conditioning. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a bathtub and a shower and the bathroom was large enough for both of us to be in it at the same time. There was a blow dryer and a coffee maker.

Our package included breakfast and it was very good. Omlettes, various asian and american dishes as well as cereals, breads, and fresh tropical fruit and juices. All the food was fresh and tasted great.

The location is withing walking distance of the sky train, there is a Thai massage businsess directly across the parking lot but there's also a less expensive one (half the cost and just as good) immediately around the corner. There's a 7-11 convenience store within 1 block where you can get basic items such as bottled water, toiletries, and snacks. The hotel is very quiet because it is not on a major street. This is a plus for me because I am a light sleeper but that makes it also the only negative I can think of. Since it's in the middle of a city block the hotel is very difficult to find; even for the taxi drivers. There are small street signs directing the way to the hotel but the signs are lost in the mix of the 10-20 other signs on the corners.

The hotel staff was very polite, helpful, and professional. Again, all 18 in our tour group had the same rating about the staff. For example, we need a taxi and the bellman negotiated the correct and fair price for the excursion. The price ended up being one-third the price that was originally stated by the driver. All the staff was great at providing directions for our day trips and they are honest as well. We left some articles in our room during checkout and the house service woman chased after me to the front desk to locate me. They all spoke English and several other languages as well. Highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors or go to the roof top bar/pool to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank L V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 days on 16th February 2014. On arriving at Asoke, my taxi could not get on to Soi 21 (the road the hotel is located on). This was due to the Thai protesters occupying the major Asoke intersection. The protesters are anti-government and want the government out of office. There is literally thousands. The road was blocked with barriers, cars and Thai men. Some even wearing masks/balaclavas.
They told my taxi we could not travel down the road to the hotel however I was able to walk. To some (i.e. families with children), this could be intimidating. However, they weren't aggressive and were somewhat helpful. After the 2 days were over I had no problems at all with the protesters as everything was quite peaceful and calm.
One of the protesters showed me to my hotel and carried my bag :) ..... for 40THB.
On arriving at the hotel, it was very modern and tastfully designed. The staff were friendly, very approachable and helpful.
The room I stayed in was very big, king sized bed and had all the ammenities you would excpect.
They offered 1000THB for a late next day check out @ 6:00pm.
They even arranged my taxi from the hotel to Suvarnabhumi for 400THB which is good.
Would recommend :) :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JamesG111186
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We booked 2 deluxe rooms non smoking level for 3 nites. during check in; the hotel was full and was given a complimentary upgrade to premier rooms with city view. Hotel staffs was friendly, helpful, always smilling and can converse in good english. We were impress by the bellman whom can speak Bahasa Malaysia; he was really kind and attentive. Rooms were clean and spacious. Well worth the value paid. Location is also excellent. Close to MRT entrance that has a short cut to BTS.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nicyfen
Vadodara, India
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed 3 nites. It's a prime location with Terminal 21 shopping center less than a min walk and also sky train & 7/11 store. Famous cowboy street just across this hotel. We opted for suite and it was pretty decent... Unfortunately we were not provided rooms on higher floor so as to have a view of city at nite.... Excellent staff(Especially Don) who helped us book a tour for Safari world and Madam Tussaad's/Ocean world and even got us a discount on bit of conviencing......Breakfast was okie....
Overall a big yes for the hotel :)

Room Tip: Choose a room on top floor to enjoy the view.....
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mihirpatel83
singapore
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We are so happy to find a nice hotel like FuramaXclusive at Asoke when 4 of us went to BBK in January last year- the place was cosy and service was very good. We like this place so much that we went back to the same hotel in June again . This time we were given a better room which is more spacious.

Unfortunately an incident happened which made us not to consider Furama again! During our trip last June, I woke up in the midddle of the night to get a cup of water. Unknown to me, the floor was wet as the air-conditioner is leaking. I had a bad fall - fell flat of the back and I was in so much pain that it took me a while to get up. The next day we gave our feedback to the frontdesk and they say that they will get their manager to look into this. However, no one came up to us to express their concern.

I was not aware of the seriousness of my injury till I was back home. My back pain persisted and I had to see an orthopedic. Had an x-ray done and was shocked and sad to find hairline fractures on the lower end of my spine. I had to go through 10 painful physiotherapy sessions and to date I'm still going for sports massage therapy to get my back in shape. Fortunately I bought my travel insurance which could cover this cost.

I tried to contact the Furama hotel in Singapore about my situation as they are headqaurtered in Singapore. Wrote an email to them but no reply. Tried calling their customer service - also no reply. Left my contact number several times but still did not receive any calls or email from them. It seems that they are avoiding the issue till this day which made me very disappointed.

So I have decided to boycott all services from Furama as they are seriously lacking in customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank rustytoffee
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights. Location is very good for shopping (just 5-10 mins walking from
21 Terminal shopping mall and BTS station).
Room is nice.
One minus of hotel location is that there are no cafe around to eat something..you need to go to the shopping mall food-court (which is not always good).
I would say its a good 3 start hotel rather then 4 ( or ..3.5).
I got my room with promotion on their web-site for 1700 Bath per night (without breakfast), which pretty good value.
Also, Soi Cowboy is in waling distance, what can be important for somebody.

if i need to go shopping or for Soi Cowboy, i would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The price is great, and on the surface it's a stylish hip hotel in an excellent location with a friendly, professional and competent staff. That said, you get what you pay for. The linens/towels are poor and if you look closely the furniture in the room is a little bit run down (but very stylish). The location is also not perfect, it would be much better to be on the other side of the road, as there is a 50M stretch on the way to the BTS station/ Terminal 21 Mall that is first a disgusting pigeon roost (100 birds?), followed by a row of crowded local shops. Perfectly safe, just dirty. I suppose, you could cross the road and then cross back, but it is a very busy road. There is a nice coffee shop and a 7-11 on the same side of the street within 2 min walk in either direction.

I'd stay again, but if I was planning say a romantic get away, the walk to the BTS is unpleasant enough for me to consider other hotels. Note the MRT is closer, and thus avoids the bad stretch. Also Soi Cowboy is on the otherside of the road, which makes it signficantly farther.

Room Tip: I was first offered a WINDOWLESS deluxe double room. I immediately complained and was given a MUCH...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo