“Spoiled.”

Ranked #207 of 1,241 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Hamilton, Canada
“Spoiled.”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This was one of the first places we stayed at the outset of our backpacking trip, and it put our standards far higher than what is attained at 99% of every other place we have stayed. The rooms are impecably clean. The staff go above and beyond in every way they can, from the restaurant (which is delcious), to navigating the city (they spent plenty of time showing us the ins and outs of Bangkok), and even helped us track down our bags which never arrived into Thailand.

The rooms are cozy and comfortable, and you meet plenty of people downtairs in the beautful garden, pool, or lounge area.

The cons, as every Refill Now! customer will say, is the distance from the city centre (which is easy solved by a short trip on the skytrain!) and perhaps the cost, which isn't necessarily in the budget of every traveller.

Check it out, and perhaps treat yourself to how guesthouses/hotels SHOULD be run.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I can't speak highly enough of this hostel and its staff.
After an administration hitch upon my arrival I was given a free upgrade for my entire stay to a private twin room. This wasn't necessary, but gratefully received. This kind of hospitality and service continued from all the staff throughout my stay.
The rooms are beautiful. Spotlessly clean and floor to ceiling windows mean that light floods the building. There's something really nice about gazing out at the stars as you doze off to sleep and watching the sun steadily rise across Bangkok in then morning.
The pool and garden area is idyllic. A great place to sit back with a book and soak up some sun in a relaxed and hassle free environment. The attached restaurant and bar is great. Really nice chilled atmosphere, and fab cocktails. It is no exaggeration when I say that the food from this restaurant is among the best I have had during 2 years in Asia. Yes, some might argue it is expensive for Bangkok (about THB200 per meal), but the shrimp fettucini I devoured last night was simply incredible, and compared to western standards it was great value for money.
The only, yet major downfall of this place is location. Arriving at 5.30am, my taxi driver didn't have a clue and we were relying on googlemap app to guide us the way. Of course, it was wrong. Nevertheless, we found it eventually. Refill Now is hidden away on a little street far away from the main road and about 5 miles away from Bangkok city centre, so the description "located in the heart of Bangkok" is a little misleading. The tiny streets in which the hostel is hidden are perilous to walk: speeding motorbikes and cars along the little alleys. I'm amazed to have only seen 2 accidents in 3 days. When you reach the main road, it is about THB50 (depending on traffic) in a taxi to the SkyTrain station where you can leap aboard a train, and 20 mins later you'll hit Siam Square. Get a Rabbit Card if you intend using the train a lot, but even then, the cost of travelling to and from the city will more or less double the amount you're paying to stay at Refill Now. When I realised that greatness off Refill Now was not a match for the amount I was spending on transport I checked out, and now I'm staying somewhere much more central.
I think that if I was travelling with a group, the travel costs would have been somewhat dissolved, but as I'm travelling solo, I was really feeling it. My advice would be to stay here if you with a group, but steer clear if you're alone.

Room Tip: If you re staying in a private room, ask for one on a corner of the building. Fantastic panoramic vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Pushkar, India
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Seriously good hotel . Stayed here 5 times it is just fabulous. The staff are so helpful and curtious you feel so well looked after this hotel is better than any of the expensive resorts I've been to in Thailand. everything is arranged so stylishly with great sttention to detail and the design is really fresh and clean with all aspects well maintsined by a great team. Just a really good simple place to stay where you can really relax and enjoy Bangkok from a comfortable distance. Sukumvit 71 is a lovely area with plenty of top quality resteraunts and cafe's off in the side streets. Thanks refil now really the best in BKK !

• Stayed February 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This hostel is amazing, it has beautiful soothing facilities and design. We have stayed there few night, extended our stay before our travels because this place was an oasis in a dirty & busy Bangkok. I 've been in many hostels during my travels, and this one is still # one. There are a safety lockers in the room- you can lock your suitcase in & keep place tidy and never worry about getting your stuff stolen. You can upgrate for more luxry & privacy by getting a super modern designed appartment at the roof top-than it is a totaly 5* experience ! Staff is super nice & helpful, foo. Restaurant provides excellent food for a reasonable cost. In neighborhood you will find local markets, restaurants, hairdresser, seamstress.. prices are way lower than in the central Bangkok. Its 20-30 min to the airport, and 30 min to the city center. The staff will help you with getting a taxi or tuk tuk. If you fly long flight & you have a stop over in Bangkok, stop here- you will recharge.

Room Tip: Get the penthouse appartment if you want a bit of luxury for few nights or privacy. Email the recept...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

This was my 3rd stay at Refill Now and once again I was not disappointed. A lovely retreat in the chaos of Bangkok.
Ron gave my girlfriend and I some great recommendations to see around Bangkok that weren't on the tourist trail.
I'd recommend anyone to go here if they want a place to relax and rewind in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

While I had trouble booking online, the staff were always really helpful n fun, the food was great once the chef got back from vacation, the other travellers were great n full of advice but the best advice came from Ron one of the owners who encourages people to contact him if they follow his advice to let him know if it was good or not. A real find.

• Stayed January 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This hostel was something else! Extremely modern and laid back. We had a twin room for two nights, which didn't have enough room to swing a cat, however the views were stunning with the ceiling to floor windows! The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Storage space was a locker in the main dormitory, but we just kept out rucksacks in our room. Toilet, shower and wash area were spotless and maintained to a high standard. Free wifi available throughout the hostel, however we had trouble connecting from our room on the first night. The food was good, but it was a bit pricey.

The only problem about this hostel is it's location, our taxi driver (and everyone else we spoke to) found it very difficult to find so it would be useful to have a map with you when you first travel there (when you arrive, the staff then give you a map for future reference..). Otherwise, the hostel is very close to the skytrain links and is about 30 minute taxi from the main airport.

I would definitely recommend this and I would stay again to explore Bangkok more.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends