“How about free refill cup of coffee? :)”
Review of Refill Now!

Refill Now!
Ranked #194 of 1,185 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
San Francisco, California
“How about free refill cup of coffee? :)”
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I recommend this for solo travelers who want warm service and nice tips to explore town. Not a party hostel. I arrived after midnight and felt that i needed to be silent even in my room. Thin walls. Airconditioning in my room was adjustable but u need to be tall(over 180cm) to adjust it. Very small room. I couldn´t open luggage well coz of that. Very big window in room. Extemely friendly and helpful staff. Most comfortable sofas i have been sitting for awhile. Free wifi in rooms. we stayed in standard twin room with shared bathroom. No sink at the toilet. Very clean everywhere. Pool is just for to dip your toes. Too small for swimming.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
United States
Reviewed 17 February 2011

It's true that getting there is a bit out of the way but in the mornings they drove us in the hostel's personal tuk-tuk to where we wanted to go that day. Getting back to the hostel at night was always an adventure because taxis would charge more when we'd head back around midnight. The facilities are extremely clean. One particularly hot day we came back at night and jumping into the pool was so wonderful. It was great how helpful and informative the staff was when we had questions about the city's sights. Way above and beyond the only other hostel I've stayed at in Rome, which only had bunks and smelled gross. My boyfriend and I paid for a private room though there were so many open bunks.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I picked this hostel because my flight did not arrive until 1am and I had heard that getting to Khao San from the airport can be a distance from the airport. This was also my first time traveling solo internationally and I didn't want to get to to overwhelmed at once. Refill Now! was the perfect choice for my slow introduction into Bangkok.

I stayed in one of the private rooms, which ended up being unnecessary because the bunks were completely open and I would have had one to myself regardless. The entire space is so open, white and clean. It was very relaxing and laid back. The staff was amazing and I can not say enough good words about Pinto. He made me the best espressos each morning and seemed very eager to please.

I stayed for 2 or 3 days and then after getting my bearings around BKK, I decided to go stay at a place closer to Khao San road and Chao Praya river. That was the only downside was the location is not as 'walking' friendly as some of the other hostels and places to stay. However, if you plan to be out all day on excursions and site seeing, the location really isn't an issue. Next time I come back to BKK, I will stay at Refill Now! at least for the first night.....it really is very convenient to the airport.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 3 December 2010

This was my 9th trip to Bangkok in the last 7 years i have been coming to this city. I know about almost every hostel in Bangkok!! Refill Now was the most amazing hostel experience for me in Bkk!! A very Appealing structure, tastefully designed!! Good Small clean pool!! The entire premises including the rooms and toilets were spotless/sparkling clean!! The staff (Rahul & Pinto) were more like friends than staff!! A safe heaven! Bit expensive food but you've got good(cheap) thai food just 2-3 mins walk from the hostel with a 711 and a Family mart right around the corner!! Good Wifi (Free~) Good Value for money for dorms and rooms! I made some good friends here and hell yes that is going to be my home in Bkk for the next endless trips to Crazy city!! My personal recommendation for everyone will be give it a try once and you will love it!! Cheers and Peace!! :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank GunsnDj
Jakarta
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I had an unexpected lay over and wanted something quiet, comfortable, and not too expensive. I paid 1,050 Bhat for a single room that was one of the most comfortable and luxurious rooms I've stayed in at a hostel in all of Southeast Asia. The dorms are also nice - the beds are open to the hall way, but they have a curtain covering the bed and the area is very quiet. There were interesting people there, as well, although this is not a party hostel. They have a beautiful open-air restaurant/bar downstairs where people hang out, and very nice and accommodating staff. They do charge for wifi -- 60 Bhat for the entirety of your stay; pretty cheap.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 September 2010

This is a really nice hostel at the outskirts of bangkok - for approx THB 500 we booked a 2 mixed dorm bed which were seperated from the other 4 dorm beds by a thin partition. The area was clean and the bathroom and shower were right in front of the beds which can be a good or bad thing. They provided huge lockers and towels for the guests and the entire room was cleaned on a daily basis.

The building itself was very nicely decorated and reminded me of one of those fancy, hipster restaurants rather than a hostel. On the downside, the prices for meals were really expensive - close to THB 200 for eggs (without even coffee). breakfast was not included with the room charges. The best way to survive in this area in terms of food is to venture out just outside the hostel - there will be very good local Thai eatery and a 7-eleven about 5 minutes away. The WiFi was also not free and internet is chargeable at THB 60 an hour.

The staff and hosts were very friendly and helpful and while it is not at the centre of everything it is reasonably easy to get to the Khlong taxi pier and the BTS from the hostel.

I enjoyed my stayed here and I will recommend this place if someone is looking to stay outside Khao San.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2010

What a fantastic hostel! I would highly recommend this place. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the place is immaculately clean. Lovely bar area too. Bit on the pricey side but you get what you pay for. Stay here if your budget can stretch to it.

• Stayed August 2010