“Tami”

Ranked #219 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Bali
“Tami”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was clean, comfortable and the staff courtesy and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near shopping centers and restaurants, and it is less than a 5 minute walk to the sky rail station Nana. For a short visit back to Thailand I will definitely stay at Salil on soi 8 again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Washmytoes,

My associates and I, are extremely pleased to have created for you a positive memorable experience.We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience yet another memorable stay with us.
K.A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Good - The room was great. Nice comfortable bed. Very Clean Bathroom. Very clean room. Also a great bonus to have transport up and down the soi to the main road.

The Bad - I arrived at the hotel to be told my credit card didn't work in their payment system, so I needed to pay on the spot, ok, that was easy and I did that. BUT I had no idea whether the payment had or hadn't been charged to my account. Everything I had said confirmed, so I was a little annoyed about this. I looked through their paperwork and their paper records had all the correct details on it, even my CCV number.

At Check-in, I was advised of a 1000 baht deposit for the room especially as I had just paid for the room. In no prior correspondence had I been advised of this. It is also not written on their website either.

Internet would not connect, router issue. BUT there was no one who could fix it when I called. This is inexcusable, you should train all staff to be able to reset routers, this is one of the reasons I chose this hotel.

The Very Bad - The last annoying thing was my credit card details(including CCV) were all printed out in hard copy, which means they have my credit card details available and insecure. I suspect they are being held electronically also.

I had booked direct with the hotel because the rate was actually cheaper than with Agoda or Booking.com but now they have all my personal details and credit card and they wouldn't even give me the sheet so I could destroy those details.

At least Agoda and Booking.com do not keep these records.

I might stay again, but these things need to be addressed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Shayne R
Dear Shayne R ,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. My associates and I are happy that you have found our entire staff friendly.

But we are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

At Salil Hotel, we do try to strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We apologize you about your wondering insecure of credit card. We are guarantee that hotel system secure for guest credit card enough. However, we will training our staff for this situation cause to explain clearly.

Please let us know when you intend to visit Bangkok next time and we will personally see to it that everything will be well. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future, Please do not hesitate to email at info@salilhotel.com

Best Regards,
K. A.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was recommended one the receptionists in nearby hotel when I checked out to explore the other hotels in the area. At the first seconds you step in the hotel you are feeling like almost coming home. The staff was very friendly and helpful and not too formal yet very polite. The hotel is quite small at the end of Soi 8 in a very quiet area. The golf car shuttle service will deliver you at Sukhumvit street near the Nana BTS in no time, also walking down the soi where you find 7/11 and wide variety of restaurants and bars won’t take much time.

Only downside I found was the somewhat loud A/C which I had to keep off in the night time. The temperature was still tolerable in the morning and was compensated by the smoothing silence of the hotel.

Thanks to Pat, Cathelaine and all other staff for pleasant stay... and especially not forgetting Pitta:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank markuskk1
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi markuskk1,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments .We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience yet another memorable stay with us.

Leicester, England
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I travel to Bangkok very often on business. I'm not yet paying for an apartment here so I normally stay in a selection of 3 to 4 hotels in the Sukhumvit Soi 8 - Soi 10 area.

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8 is my preferred hotel when I am on a budget and do not want to pay for a swimming pool. The location is perfect, towards the end of Soi 8. Meaning it's near to the BTS sky train, yet in a very quiet location. There is a free 24 hour tuktuk to the BTS station at the top of the road.

In summary, the hotel is small, clean, quiet and friendly. Nice rooms, free WiFi with decent speed and normally a free breakfast. Many people come off the street to pay for the breakfast. Strangely I always get a good sleep here. This is not always the case in the more expensive hotels I stay in. The peace and quiet you can get here really makes this hotel a winner.

What separates this place from the rest of the offerings on Soi 8 is the friendly staff, especially on the reception. They are fun and happy in their work. Always smiling and sharing jokes. It's the main reason I keep coming back here time after time. Miss Pitta is extremely efficient and also fun to deal with. She has a great sense of humour. With her adorable smile, cheeky quips yet very efficient service she really helps to give the Salil hotel a home from home appeal which many other hotels I stay at simply cannot achieve. The housekeeping staff are also very good.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer a room at the front, although the rooms at the back are even quieter, not that noise is a p...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello LeoNeil,

Your wonderful compliments made my day and my associates and I are truly happy to have given you a great experience here at Salil Hotel Bangkok. We would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience at “Salil bangkok, sukhumvit 8”.
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I find that this hotel is situated in a very good location, it's walking distance to one of the BTS station and there are a couple of good bars/restaurant around the area with two 7-11 stores that we could get anything we needed from.

Room wise, it's small and cosy. Exactly what we needed for a short trip, we weren't in the room much but it was kept very clean nonetheless and the bed was comfortable.

The staffs were very helpful as our visit there clashed with the protest that just started in Bangkok and they were great to guide us on how to get around to the airport through the fastest route.

I would go back if I was going to stay in the same area again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ScarletFey,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. So happy to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Sanur, Bali
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

we spend 1 week at Salil.
Hotel itself is small but valuable for the price.

The best part is staff who make hotel feel like home.During our week one of our friend was sick and left alone in hotel while we went out to work.
Khun Wan head of house keeper help to look after her and when my friend not feel well she helps to drop my friends at hospital.

Clean hotel, safety for woman or family who travel.
Right in the middle of City but end of the road make it quiet and peaceful for sleeping in the night.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014
Hello Whan501,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service. I will certainly share your kind words with all our team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to “Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8” soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Room was a bit cramped, but comfortable. Staff are quite friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was good. Wifi works well (a bit slow) but you have to keep re-connecting to it (their set up requires you to re-enter your username and p/w each and every time you reconnect to it - PAINFUL!) Soi 8 is a good location, close to shops and restaurants and the sky train is right there, but the hotel is at the end of the street, so a 5-10 minute walk. They have a shuttle to take you there and back - it's almost always available to take you from the hotel to the intersection but not when you come back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear travla67,

a big “Thank you” for your wonderful compliments and we sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.