“Good hotel and good service”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8
Ranked #389 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I spend there 5 night, the hotel is look new, but is not really new, but the management taking good care of it, the room are very nice, big, and clean, the hotel is situated at 5min walk from Nana road and bts, is the local transportation, if somebody like me like to walk is also good by walk you can reach all the shop and mall like terminal or even Amarin or Saiam mall.
The hotel in its self is really nice and the staff are very kind and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear 86Manuel,

Thank you very much for your good feed back was significant to our improvement of service provided. I am ensurely you great comment will expand to our staff .

Should you have any further queries or more information please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Located near the BTS station with the hotel conveniently providing a buggy that'll take you to and from the train station as the hotel is right the end of the alley, although it is still possible for you to walk to take a slow stroll down the main road. The rooms are small and quaint but the facilities provided by the room is good value with a modern chic and cute urban landscape with hot shower, comfortable bed with LCD TV with adequate cable channels. My husband and I borrowed a couple of DVDs provided at the front desk with long list for you to choose from. The place was certainly a gem and I remember vividly how attentive the staff were and provided as much answer as they could whenever the queries arise. The breakfast was basic but delightful and good enough to fill in the tummy for the long walk and endless shopping that Bangkok has to offer and this boutique hotel has what it takes to provide a good night rest before the eat.shop.sleep cycle repeats itself.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank izreinjj

Dear Izreinjj,

Thank you very much for your review and your comment will be improvements can be made, we work hard in everyday to ensure our guest received good service, it would be pleasure to host you back to Salil Hotel in the future.

Best Regards.,
K. A.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Location was great and great value for money. However the beds were a little dusty and I suffered bed bites. Wifi was a problem with weak signals. No ironing boards available for me to iron my business shirts on 1 of the days. Breakfast was good value for money. Shower water was weak and the bathtub water could not clear on the last 2 days of my stay. Overall was pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Odd digit rooms are sunnier
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Tevinheng,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

According you were not satisfied & weren’t given a good impression about hotel service provided during your stay.
We sincerely regret that a situation you met. Please accept our profound apology for any inconvenience caused you.

Best regards,
K. A

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Located near the BTS Station, less than 5 minutes by golf car to the main road. Room was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was fantastic.
All the staff very friendly and helpful!

Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear CindyUFO,

Thank you very much for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed in our facilities in the , we work hard in everyday to ensure our guest received good service, it would be pleasure to host you back to Salil Hotel in the future.

Best Regards.,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place was a gem after the 22 hour journey to Bangkok. The staff are positive, and so helpful, in fact every member of staff were angels.

We had room 22. Pretty and immaculate. Breakfast was delightful and service from the lady in the Salil cafe was first class. Will be returning for sure.

Useful airport pick up, 1000 baht for convenience in a nice air con cab, although they have a taxi driver friend who can take you back to the airport for half the cost at 500 baht.

Five mins walk from Nana station, 20 mins on a train to the centre. Bangkok is far bigger than I expected, so good walking sandals are a must!

This place is perfect if you want to see the city but remain a convenient distance from the airport, which is half an hour away by taxi.

Huge thanks to the lovely people of Salil hotel! :-)

Room Tip: Appreciate what you get in Thailand especially for the price - this country is amazing, treat with r...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Sazart28,

Thank you very much for your feed back which great to sharing on Website. We were pleased for your satisfied during stay.

We would welcome you and your family in charming for next trip in soonest.

Should you have any further queries or more assistance please do not hesitate contact us at you convenience.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was clean, comfortable and the staff courtesy and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near shopping centers and restaurants, and it is less than a 5 minute walk to the sky rail station Nana. For a short visit back to Thailand I will definitely stay at Salil on soi 8 again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 8, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Washmytoes,

My associates and I, are extremely pleased to have created for you a positive memorable experience.We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience yet another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Good - The room was great. Nice comfortable bed. Very Clean Bathroom. Very clean room. Also a great bonus to have transport up and down the soi to the main road.

The Bad - I arrived at the hotel to be told my credit card didn't work in their payment system, so I needed to pay on the spot, ok, that was easy and I did that. BUT I had no idea whether the payment had or hadn't been charged to my account. Everything I had said confirmed, so I was a little annoyed about this. I looked through their paperwork and their paper records had all the correct details on it, even my CCV number.

At Check-in, I was advised of a 1000 baht deposit for the room especially as I had just paid for the room. In no prior correspondence had I been advised of this. It is also not written on their website either.

Internet would not connect, router issue. BUT there was no one who could fix it when I called. This is inexcusable, you should train all staff to be able to reset routers, this is one of the reasons I chose this hotel.

The Very Bad - The last annoying thing was my credit card details(including CCV) were all printed out in hard copy, which means they have my credit card details available and insecure. I suspect they are being held electronically also.

I had booked direct with the hotel because the rate was actually cheaper than with Agoda or Booking.com but now they have all my personal details and credit card and they wouldn't even give me the sheet so I could destroy those details.

At least Agoda and Booking.com do not keep these records.

I might stay again, but these things need to be addressed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Shayne R

Dear Shayne R ,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. My associates and I are happy that you have found our entire staff friendly.

But we are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

At Salil Hotel, we do try to strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We apologize you about your wondering insecure of credit card. We are guarantee that hotel system secure for guest credit card enough. However, we will training our staff for this situation cause to explain clearly.

Please let us know when you intend to visit Bangkok next time and we will personally see to it that everything will be well. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future, Please do not hesitate to email at info@salilhotel.com

K. A.