Nasa Vegas Hotel
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$373
US$294
1,770 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel needs massive renovations. My first impression of my room was awful. The carpet had various spots on it. The room contained 1 small window that did not provide adequate lighting. The bathroom walls had mold and the shower curtain was also moldy. The air conditioner in the room was noisy. The television was small. Wi-fi is not included in the cost of the room so additional payment is required for internet access. I actually attempted to upgrade my room and the people at the front desk informed me that if I changed rooms it would be a 200 baht fine for changing rooms. I checked IN and OUT of this hotel in the same afternoon. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cavalac2001
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The place upgraded my room when I got there. Not too many guests around the Jul-Aug timeframe. However, I wanted a late checkout on the last day and they charged me about the same price as a full day. If you like Wi-Fi, the cost is about 5USD a day. The gym is okay (most of it was under construction when I was there), but you have to go to the lobby every time and get a ticket to use it.

Location is right next to a train station, so they get plenty of travelers. A few seedy characters in re as well. Be careful you don't run into katoey or working girls in the lobby. The hotel staff are nice and helpful, but they don't seem to care who their clientele bring back to the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank USNA2008
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel was very nice, the staff was polite and helpful. The most important thing I DID NOT like was that the hotel CHARGED for WIFI, and the hotel charged every 24 hours for WIFI plus the hotel charged for each item you used (cell, computer etc) I felt it was a huge rip off! Aside for that my daughter and I were happy for the hotel. Oh, make sure you are specific about the type of room you want we had a small issue with the room we wanted two bed and there was only one full size, the hotel did switch rooms and/but charged us! Our room had a window from the shower into the bedroom section, bizzare!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie F
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights whilst seeing Bangkok before traveling South was very good cheap hotel that has a very good gym friendly staff and very good security place could do with some modernising here and there but overall very good

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Vanderhessan
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It is a minutes walk from the station. Massive hotel with over 20 floors. We got an upgrade to a bigger room. The room is really large. Clean and neat. Bed really hard which I loved but my husband found uncomfortable. Our room was on the street side, so early morning traffic was quite loud. Unfortunately no free Internet in the hotel, 150 baht gets you 24hrs Internet. Found two English Channels, one of which was a movie channel which was great. Mini fridge stocked, and mini bathroom had toiletries and clean towels available. For under £10 a night I can not fault this hotel. Only 4 stops away on the skyline from the airport so was excellent for us as we were heading to Malaysia the next day. Restaurant downstairs in the lobby. Didn't eat there, but had a delicious dinner down the road by some street vendors for only 40 baht. They have bellboys. Check out before 12. I would stay again. Baht 30 to take train from the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple