Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
  • Pool
Hansar Bangkok Hotel(Bangkok)
  • Pool
1,753 results
All reviewswashing machinegrand suitecentral worlderawan shrinefour seasonspots and panssiam paragonliving roombig ccentre pointbreakfast roomswimming poolwalking distancebts stationfull kitchensteam roomgrand hyatt erawan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I have just come back after spending 5 days in Bangkok with the family, and I must say that the Grande Center Point Ratchadamri fits the bill perfectly for me. First great advantage is it's location. The hotel is located just 5 mins walk from the Ratchadamri BTS station, so, if you are travelling by rail from the airport, there is absolutely no problem to reach it. One point to note is that the hotel is still relatively new, so you won't be able to find it on most maps, even the ones you pick up at the airport. However, once you reach Ratchadamri station, you'll see proper signs directing you. If you need a reference point, head towards the Four Seasons, and turn right at the corner of the building. You can't miss it. Also, as the hotel was in the Ratchaprasong district, it was walking distance to CentralWorld, Siam Paragon, Siam Square, Big C complex and other great places.
We booked the hotel via Sawadee.com because they offered really good rates. The hotel lobby was classy and posh. There was a drinks station for weary guests to refresh themselves. You can have a choice of plain water, tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. The check-in was efficient and fuss-free. We were given a room on the 28th floor, and we were blown away by the gorgeous room. It looked more like an apartment rather than a hotel room. The bed was very comfortable, big enough for the wife and 2 children, and I took the optional extra bed in the living room. There was a kitchen with washing machine, so you can bring as few clothes as possible to lighten your luggage. We brought just enough for the family, and in the evening after dinner, we'll pop the dirty clothes in the machine to wash, and everything smells great in the morning. There were 2 TVs in the room, one in the bedroom, and the other in the bedroom. The bathroom had a bathroom and standing shower. Very spacious indeed, However, I had problems adjusting the water temperature during bathtime. I thought I had the right temperature, but as the bath progressed, the water kept getting hotter and hotter. When I turned the heat down, it became cooler and cooler. Hence, I had to continuously adjust the water temperature as I took my bath.
Another good thing about the room was that there was a keycard just for the air-conditioning, so you need not use your room card to turn on the electric devices. We didn't think much of it, until we came back from a long day out. We were greeted by a nice cool room instead of a dank humid one since the air-conditioner was running throughout the day. We didn't have to wait for the stuffiness to go away. This is one wonderful piece of service delivery which we all appreciated.
The hotel's recreation facilities are located, rather appropriately, on floor "F". There, you will find pools for adults, for children, and a jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym with treadmills and all that, a reading room, playroom for very young children and a playground for older kids. The children loved the pool, and strangely enough, most times we visited, we were the only ones there, so we had that exclusive feel.
Breakfast was served on the 8th floor, and you'll need to remember to collect your vouchers from the front desk during check-in. The breakfast spread was great, and you'll have a choice of typical breakfast items like scrambled eggs, toast, baked beans or stuff like fried rice, miso soup and sushi. There's something for everyone's tastes.
Overall, we had a really fantastic time at the Grande Center Point. The location was great, just slightly away from the main road to give you some peace and quiet when you needed it, but near enough to everywhere you want to go to. I would certainly make this a base for all future visits to Bangkok in future.

Room Tip: There are several other Grande Center Point hotels throughout the city. So, when you book, make sure you book the right one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 253SA
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for your kind support us. I very glad to hear that you enjoy to stay with us.
I will share your recommendation to our staff especially our Chef Engineer to recheck
the hot water system to make sure that will be stable when customer need to use it.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This place has it all.Brilliant position,so easy to get anywhere with 2 Skytrain lines very close by.We usually book a Grand Suite room which is 700 sq.ft and is very well appointed,2 large TV's.Great proper outdoor pool,reading room,TV room,gym,reasonable breakfast,though kitchens in most rooms.Walking distance to Hyatt Erewan hotel and downstairs wine bar,also 4 Seasons hotel nearby,walk to Central World shopping Plaza,and Central Chidlom food court for lunch.
We have stayed here yearly for 4-5 years.Staff a little reserved,but overall very nice and efficient. Come on,book here.

Room Tip: We ask for high floor,overlooking the greenery of the race course.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Thank you for your always kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel & Residence Ratchadamri. Your kind comment to us are very appreciated, My team and I will
continue to work hard to improve our service to meet your expectation.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed at the Grand Centre Point Ratchadamri for about four nights in January 2012.

Pros: EXCELLENT location in terms of metro and shopping. Two metro stops within walking distance. The Centre Point Mall, the largest in Thailand is only about 200 metres away. Siam shopping Centre, is one metro stop away or just a 400 metre walk if you know how to get there, if you don’t want to google it, ask the staff. You go to Centre Point Mall right at the intersection with the Mall and the BTS, just hang a left and walk for another 200 metres, it’ s on the right.

There’s a 7 eleven, just one street over from the hotel, convenient for small purchases.
Very cost friendly. I had a big room, big kitchen with washer and dryer and a bathroom with a separate walk in shower. I would’ve easily have paid an extra 80-100 dollars more at another hotel.

Staff was polite.
ATM in the hotel.
Took a look at the pool and gym and it seemed decent. Never used it as I was out much.
Antique looking lobby, posh hotel but didn’t look outdated.

Cons:

The Hotel has wings at a perpendicular angle. This means that you can see into other guests’ rooms. In the day it’s not such a big deal due to the glare on the windows. However, at night you can easily see into other people’s rooms. It meant people could see directly into my bed. If I took off the lights the lights from outside illuminated the room. I wasn’t comfortable with this and I think the other guests felt the same as they seemed to do exactly what I did which was blinds open in the day and closed at night. I simply couldn’t enjoy the night view and this was a problem for me psychologically. I felt trapped at night.

My other problem was ordering coffee. No problem getting a cup, however, I asked for a pot of coffee and they seemed at a loss. They explained that they didn’t serve coffee like that and I would have to pay for it by the cup. The waiter did offer to find a big cup but really for a hotel of such class that’s just silly.

My peeve with the windows aside, this is a decent hotel. However, I need to enjoy my privacy at night so I might have to consider another option for my next trip to BK. For others this may not be such a big problem.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation to our hotel and our service.
I already bring your inconvenience cause with restaurant service to dicussed with
Restaurant Manager to make sure that you will get smoothness service from us next time.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband stayed here for 10 days this May while working in Bangkok. When I saw the pictures at the hotel website I almost went along. His room was very nice, only problem was the shower never got hot. They sent someone up twice and then told him that's how it is. His workmates had hot showers though. Other then that he raved about it, very clean, comfortable, very friendly staff. Very close to the trains and a large mall. The main restaurant has a rib eye steak that he said was one of the best ever. Lots of restaurants and entertainment right out the door and a short walk away. The pool is gorgeous and there is a nice workout room. He had the breakfast buffet every day and was quite pleased with it. There are washer/drier combo's in each room, or you can have the hotel do your laundry at a small fee, which he did and the service was great. I got to see the view and his room when we skyped and it really was very nice. If it had not been a 100 degrees with 75% humidity everyday I would be really kicking myslef for not going. On top of the quality level of the hotel and the service the price is CHEAP! The room was like $97.00 US a night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for bringing the shower problem to my attention.
Please accept my apologies for your husband 's inconvenience.
I have discussed with Chief engineer to be certain that this problem will not happen again.
And I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you both to Grande Centre Point
in your next visit to Bangkok.