“impersonal”

Ranked #88 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane
“impersonal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

The rooms were great, there were 4 of us, 2 singles and 2 sharing and the 2 singles had massive suites (you could not really call them rooms) with fully equipped kitchen including combined washer drier for clothes and iron. The 2 people sharing were a bit more cramped and the kitchen was fitted in to the corridor but it was still more than just a hotel room. The rooms were spotless and it has a great pool.

The food at the restaurant was fine, not particularly Thai and not particularly adventurous but certainly edible. They do not serve alcohol but are happy to let you bring your own wine into the restaurant, might be an issue for some.

As the title suggests, it was very impersonal but for the business traveler or for people who want everything perfect and laid on, without having to feel you are actually in a foreign country. This is for you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. Your kind supports are always
and gratefully appreciated. And we are looking forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I just checked out on 14Apr and stayed for three days. Warm welcome from bellmen but cool from check in person, room is clean and spacious but not “grand”. Room with very big fridge and washing machine is really helpful. Unlucky, I was sick before I went to Bangkok, water is the only thing I can drink, I asked for 4 bottle of water also for my friend who share the room with me, but the operator didn’t ask why and said “we can only give you two bottle” then should I call twice? Finally, I went to Big C and buy a big Evian for the rest of my stay. “Self-service”!!
Breakfast have a lot of choice, except bread, why? It’s weird. Asian also eats bread for breakfast, not only rice. My cup always empty but no one ask for refill even I saw they walk around you or just stand with doing nothing. “Self-service”!!
The best thing from hotel is the swimming pool with Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. It’s very nice!! However, just only hardware is good, when I finish swimming and went to ladies room with very wet body, I saw the staff looked at me but didn’t pass towel for me, I though because should have towel inside changing room that why they don’t pass one for me. BUT…nothing inside, then I walked out and asked again under very cold A/C. “Self-service”!!
The last thing and the worst thing happened after I checked out. I left one bag to my friend who checked out two days after. I passed to check out person in front desk, she asked me all the information and I also left a message with that bag. And I told them to send to my friend’s room. My friend told me he can’t find and he asked front desk, they checked and said “nothing for you!”. My friend asked me again and I’m 100% sure the check out staff shouldn’t make any mistake and well noted room number and name. Should it inside your room? Find again! Finally, my friend asked again upon check out, YES! They got it! How come can delay two days, do you think, thing is not important then why I asked you to pass it? I don’t understand.
There’s maybe different feeling for me to comment this hotel if it didn’t happen. I went Thailand every year, I find this hotel because I was stayed in Courtyard Marriott, want to have a good try which also recommend by my friend. Quite Disappointed and no point to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leungryoko
I will try the best to approve our service to meet customer's expectation.
I have to apologize for your bad experience with our hotel,
Nevertheless, I will discuss with All involve department and sharing your kind comment
to look after our service to make sure that, there will be not happen to customer again.
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

I was feeling apprehensive about visiting Bangkok for the first time however once we entered this Hotel we felt comfortable and at ease. Room was large and comfortable for myself, husband and 11 year old son. Location is ideal. We were situated on the 29th floor and the view was stunning! Just a short walk down the street and you're in the thick of it. Train is also close. Staff are caring, welcoming and friendly. We were only there for 3 nights but wished we could have stayed longer. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ffroggy24
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent if you like shopping, and nice and sentral to the BTS. The apartment was nice and airy, and perfectly clean. I only had a few minor gripes. Upon check-in we were told that they didn't have any of the suites we ordered left, so we were "upgraded". As I had booked one of the bigger executive suites it looked more like a slight downgrade to me, but as the rooms were more than big enough anyway,it was not too much of a problem.
The other small gripe I have is that the staff's lack of understanding of the English language sent us on some wild goose chases through the city, and ended up being annoying as well as time comsuming. Arm yourself with a good map/travelguide and this problem should be avoided.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated,
I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs especially Front Office staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartmet, it was very spacious. It had a large kitchen, which also had a washing machine with dryer. The location is excellent, walking distance to Central World and Paragon. The nearest BTS station is a short walk from the hotel. The pool area is great. And the gym is super. We had lunch in the cafe downstairs, which was great. They don't serve any alcohol in this hotel. The breakfast was not so exciting, lots of asian dishes, but no variety in bread, cheese/ham, vegetables etc. They should take a look at some breakfast buffets in other hotels in BK.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SmaRt1904
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation to our property and our service.
I will try the best to approve our service to meet customer's expectation.
Nevertheless, I will discuss with Restaurant Manager to approve our food quality and service
to make a customer stay with us as much enjoyable.
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

On our recent trip to Thailand we decided to spend an extra two days in Bangkok on our return from Khao Lak so my wife could spend whatever money I had left. We noticed a deal on theweb from a company called Agoda whom were sales pitching a Hotel with a 50% discount offer, the hotel itself looked reasoably new and was well located for shopping so we decided to take up the offer from Agoda.
Now I have been retired for ten years or so, we travel internationally 2-3 times a year and stay mostly in The Marriotts, Hiltons or Intercontinental Hotels, in other words, mostly five star rated.
Without doubt the Grande Centre Point Hotel is one of the nicest and best hotels we have ever stayed in, and with the rate that we paid, definately the cheapest which was an added bonus. Our room was a Suite on the 25th.floor and was a delight to walk into when we first arrived and taken to our room. The staff, right through to the Duty Manager, Reception, and the young staff in the Restaurant where Breakfast was served were a wonderful group of people, friendly and the most helpful lot that you could ever wish for in a Hotel.
By the way the facilities for children was fantastic.
If we ever decide to return to Thailand (Bangkok) then our hotel of choice will be the Grande Centre Point Hotel, cheap rate or normal rate it will make no difference.
NJ4

Room Tip: I really do not think it makes much difference, the hotel is wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NJ4Australia
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

My family visited Bangkok last week and stayed at this hotel for the first time. Location is good, which is only minutes walk to Central World. The lobby is grand and luxurious. A friend told us that the hotel is new, which we think is true. We stayed in a Grand Suite which was spacious and comfortable. A kichenette is available which allows us simple cooking, boiling hot water and microwave. The fridge is of good size too. The breakfast buffet spread is reasonably good, which consists of vegetarian, congee, sushi and etc. The swimming pool and gym are big. However, the spa services are rather expensive, as compared to outside services.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Xiaoleilei
I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.