“Great Position”

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
Ranked #106 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We chose this hotel for its position...perfect for shopping. Lovely rooms, view and stylishly appointed. Only real let down was the buffet breakfast, dull, cafeteria feel, so unlike the usual Bangkok hotel experience we have had. Food not good at all, it was so unappealing we skipped it after our first day..seemed to cater for Asian tour groups...shame as the hotel itself was lovely.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great...
1  Thank Johill7
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated,
I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our Restaurant Manager in order to enhance them to try harder to improve our service and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Great location, front desk was very helpful and the workers in the restaurant were really nice. A couple of things would have made it a 5 rating for us. One, heat up the jacuzzis in the pool area. Why are they cold? And why are the indoor heated jacuzzis only a foot deep with enough space for one person? Kind of lame. Secondly, our 1.5yr old eating schedule was a little off because of the time adjustment. We asked earlier in the week if we could take a few extra mini cinnamon rolls for her since we tried to make a move. They said yes, then on the last day the restaurant supervisor stopped us and gave us a lecture saying we were breaking the rules. People were staring and it was embarrassing. You lost out on a 5 star rating over three tiny cinnamon rolls and the rude restaurant guy.

Other than that, I would recommend at the right price.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jrich0309

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. Your kind supports are always
and gratefully appreciated. I will inform to Recreation Manager to discuss with our Chief Engineer to rectify the Jacuzzi pool to make sure that can be use as usual.

Refer to your kind comment to our Breakfast Service. I will discuss with Restaurant Manager
to approve our service to make sure that our staffs will be treat to the customer in the same direction. And we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We booked with guarantee upgrade to grand delux suite - bedroom with king size bed, separate bath and shower, living room & dining room with open kitchen with cook wares, washing machines,etc. So it looks more like long stay/ service apartment.

We do appreciate the large room size so we can open up two 31 inches suitcases flat on the living room floor.

Good sleeping quality with pillows and mattress just right. To improve: 1) need to increase/ strengthen lighting for the washing basin/ mirror... it is too dim and I need to check my face back in the bedroom mirror that is next to window with natural light; 2) improve water pressure, it is not strong enough.

No issues with internet spped as others have reported.

Breakfast also ok. Although there are not many variations from day to day, there are enough choices to go through the 5 days of our stay, though Westerners might find it more diffiicult to adjust since the choices are more Asian oriented: fried rice, noddles, congee, dim sum, buns, pasta, egg station, bacon, beans, salad, fruit, cereals, sushi, miso soup, etc.

Swimiming pool,, gym and playroom are all on the Facilities Floor. We like to start the day with a dip in the pool or cool off after a whole day of heat from walking. There is also warm water jacuzzi within the changing room.

Service in general ok. Concierge accepted our request of late check out till 2pm. When we returned late at 2.10pm and the card key didn't allow us to operate the lift, front desk helped to reactivate our key till 2.30pm straight away.

Concerige was very helpful to give advice on transport.

We booked this hotel mainly because of travel agency promotion and the convenient location of the hotel. It is not as convenient as Siam Kempinski but the hotel is just 5 mins away from Ratchadamri BTS station, 10 mins away from Central World and Siam Paragon 15 mins away. As tourist we don't mind the walking and save the money for extra food or shopping. We also liked hotel face book and got fee tea seat at their restaurant as part of htoel promotion.

1  Thank Dora F

I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights. Fast check in and out with good service. The lobby has a lot sofas for resting as well as free coffee. Location is good, close to skytrain and central world. Room is really big but not as clean as expected. Another comment is the smell in corridor, pls do fix it asap.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank gracelam0828

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. Your kind supports are always
and gratefully appreciated. I will discuss with our Housekeeping Manager to rectify the smell at the corridoe as your kind recommendation.And we are looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed at the Grand Centre Point Ratchadamari in a grand suite for four nights. It was a pleasant experience except for a couple of hiccups.

The front desk was on the ground floor. The lobby area had two sitting areas that were occupied by people, sometimes lots of people.

The grand suite was large and had a bedroom, a bathroom, a living room and a kitchenette. In the bedroom were a king-size bed with four pillows, wardrobes and a flat screen TV. The living room had a working table, a sofa and a big flat screen TV. The kitchenette had a cooker, a refrigerator and a microwave. In the refrigerator were four complimentary bottles of water and four complimentary packets of soft drinks. The bathroom was bright with enough shelf space for toiletries.

The four pillows were very soft giving me a neck ache when I woke up. Since the windows used wooden louvers instead of heavy curtains, the bedroom was rather bright at 6.30AM.

Complimentary wireless internet was very slow and I did not get much work done.

Service was average. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. However, on the night before I checked out, I asked for a late check-out at 3:00PM the next day and was flatly refused by a staff. She warned me to check out at latest 1:00PM or I would be billed for another half-day. When I told her that my stay included a 3:00PM complimentary late check-out, she checked the system and told me that I could stay up to 3:00PM. She then walked away from the counter. Housekeeping service was also inconsistent. I had to call for tea-bags and sugar to be topped up on two occasions.

The hotel is located at Soi Mahatlek Luang 1 off Ratchadamri Road. BTS stations Ratchadamri and Chit Lom are nearby, less than ten minutes walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs especially Front Office staff in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed during my birth month in Grand Suite type in June'13, the room quality was quite nice and beautiful, I got view of racecourse stadium as main view and at the bedroom window I could see through the stunning Wat Pathum Wanaram Buddhist temple of Bangkok.
It was only 5 minutes walk to the Bangkok's most famous shopping area Ratchaprasong Intersection and the hotel stayed so close to one BTS sky train station too.
Thank you for nice staying during my BD in Bangkok, all services were perfect for me and big thanks for your BD cake & elephant gift, very cute :-)
Watanyu Wong

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The room is modern, spacious and with a kitchen and a washing machine (washing powder is provided). The view from our room is excellent. The swimming pool is simple and clean. The lunch buffet in the hotel restaurant is of excellent value. The service is very good. The lobby is elegant. The location is great - it is a 5-min walk to the 4-face buddha. In the room there is no curtain but modern wooden windows, I am sensitive to light and was waking up early.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Pongsak W, Resident manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. Your kind supports are always
and gratefully appreciated. I will discuss with our Chief Engineer to improvement the Wood curtain in bed room to fix them closely. And we are looking forward to your next visit.