“Nice accommodations, location”

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
Ranked #104 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Nice accommodations, location”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Hotel lobby is amazing as is all the way to the room. Love the hardwood floors in the rooms as well as the washer and dryer. Nice setup and view from my room. Pool area and excercise room are quite nice. Very large pool. Great location.

Only fault is the mold in the bathroom. Not sure why a room is inspected and ok'd for occupancy with a moldy bathroom, especially for this type of hotel. If you sit on the toilet you can see the mold under the lip of the sink is quite substantial and in my opinion has never been addressed. If this issue was fixed I would absolutely rate this as 5 stars.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated,
Refer to the Room Cleanliness, I will discuss with Housekeeping Manager and Floor Supervisor to supervise and Recheck maid to clean up the room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The front desk staffs with the bellboy are kind of slow to react to greet us when we are walking towards the hotel while the car is coming in. However, the staffs are friendly and offered us drinks while waiting to checking in to our rooms.

The lobby looks quite grand and prestigious. Our room is the Grand Deluxe and is spacious. It is quite clean with mini kitchen which includes a fridge and microwave. Nice night view! But I think they should provide more utensils or plates.

The bed is quite comfortable and have about 4 pillows with a long mini sofa with a standing lamp.The bathroom has shower and also bathtub to relax for a long day out.

The breakfast is located at Floor 8 and have 2 staffs at their entrance to collect the voucher before entering.It has a big range of breakfast like fresh cooked egg,sushi,miso soup,bacon,cereal, n etc.

The swimming pool is located at floor F and have various rooms like movie room,study room,play ground for kids, relax room with tea n etc.The swimming pool has 2 mini jacuzzi and they also provide towels next to the gym after you turn left from the lift lobby.

Overall, though there is room for improvement, I'll definitely stay here again and will recommend my friends.

It is very near to Chitlom BTS and it is about 5 to 10 minutes walk from Four Face Buddha towards Grand Hyatt and you will see the sign showing to turn left towards the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brian N
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you very much for your kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. I am very glad to heard that you appreciated with our hotel.
Murcia, Spain
Reviewed 1 November 2013

the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was amazing with outstanding views. beautiful outdoor swimming pool.
friendly helpful personnel. wish I was there for longer than the 2 nights. would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emma_bailey05
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
SheffieldYorkshire
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our holiday in Thailand was booked with Destination Asia and this hotel was typical of the standard that we received, in hotels and in holiday representatives, drivers and the organisation of sightseeing trips. We were driven everywhere by limousine and had a personal guide at our disposal at any time.
The hotel is centrally situated for shopping in the numerous wonderful shopping malls, restaurants and bars. It is East meets West at its finest. Shops like Prada and Versace dwarf hundreds of roadside market and food stalls with tantalizing smells .Every so often there is a colourful Buddhist temple with smells of incense and people praying and carrying platters of food for the monks or offering flowers and candles.
We were upgraded to a suite of rooms which had never been used before and which were like the very best in show houses! Luxurious does not begin to describe it! Being on the 35th floor we had a birds eye view of the city!
The hotel is stylish and comfortable with every amenity. Although the one thing that was missing was a bar, we found one on the main thoroughfare a couple of minutes from the hotel called Arnoma where we could relax after a hard day hitting the malls or sights of Bangkok. For a pitcher of beer and a bowl of crisps, you were brought free snacks for as long as we sat there in elevated position overlooking excitement of Bangkoks rush hour!
The food in the hotel restaurant is seriously good. An example of this is the seafood buffet we experienced one night. For £20 pound a head we had a menu which included oysters, lobster, crayfish and giant prawns! Other meals were Pad Grabrat and Hoi/Shell/Pad/Cho, all delicious Thai food. The staff are wonderful especially the breakfast waiters who include Ray, Mae and Pincu. There is a good swimming pool, gym, spa \and library.
The first day we went on an organised tour to the Grand Palace, Emerald and Gold Reclining Buddha and Wat Arun. All totally unmissable.
The next day we got a cab to the Old Farang district to see the Oriental Manderin Hotel, reminiscent of Raffles Hotel in Singapore and loved by all the literary greats, the Catholic Cathedral of the Assumption, Haroon Mosque, the oldest in Thailand and the wonderful colonial customs building of faded grandeur. We sat by the river for lunch at one of the trendy bars.
Walking back to the hotel through the gold and silver districts and China Town we made last purchases from the malls in Siam Square, ready to move on to Chiang Mai in the North of Thailand.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded. Our room on the 35th floor gave a wonderful view of the city and the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monica D
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. I will consult with our Chief Technician to find out how to fix the wood shutter in bedroom.
Your kind supports are always and gratefully appreciated. And we are looking forward to your next visit.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Grand Centre Point Rachadamri is part of Centre Points Hospitality Group. It is located at Rachadamri Area.

The hotel is great, huge with nice lobby of specious/ high ceiling and many seating areas and outdoor Smoking Lounge (apart from the lobby area). The hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi in Public Area and the Rooms as well.

Facilities are nice and superb with large Swimming Pool, excellent Gym, Health Club, Kids Playground, Computer Room (equipped with PCs and printers), Reading Room and Residence Lounge; where they serve complimentary Tea and Water. These facilities are available from 06:00 am to 10:00 pm.

All the rooms are equipped with home appliances such as large fridge and freezer, automatic washing machine, dish washer, electric cooking stew, oven with all crockery and cutlery. If the guest wants to use these facilities, he should only bring food stuff and start cooking.

The hotel got many types of rooms starts from:

1. Grand Deluxe Room (44 m”) with sofa and no separate living room
2. Suite (54 m”) no sofa no separate living room and specious bathroom suitable for honeymooners and couples
3. Grand Deluxe Suite (69 m”) with separate living room, dining area, work desk, two TVs and specious bathroom
4. Executive Suite (72 m”) and it is similar to Grand Deluxe Suite. Two rooms are available in the corner in one floor (these are corner rooms).

Also, there are two and three Bedroom Suite; which are limited numbers and normally used for long stay.

It is highly recommended for Family stay.

Room Tip: The hotel got many types of rooms starts from: 1. Grand Deluxe Room (44 m”) with sofa and no sepa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Saeed Mohamed M
I apologize for your inconvenience cause and I will discuss with Front Office Manager for revise the service process to make sure that there will not happen again and reiterate with our staff to review the Hotel information and give the correct information to customer. Also discuss with Housekeeping Manager and Floor Supervisor to supervise and help maid to clean up the room. Because some period the transaction might be very busy and maid can't clean up the room on time

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights for the second part of our honeymoon trip to Thailand. The hotel is a good one with a great location. The 1 bedroom apartment style suit we stayed in was impressive as where the hotel facilities such as the pool terrace. If I was just rating my experience on the above I'd rate is as excellent however I've only rated it as average due to the reception staff. Reason being is that before we left on our trip I contacted the 2 hotels we where staying at to inform them it was my honeymoon, both responded and said they would add a few extras to make our stay even more special. The fist hotel we stayed with on our first leg pulled out all the stops and lived up to Thailand's reputation of having a high level of customer service.

Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri however did not live up to this level at all. First problem was that the private airport transfer was not registered with the company properly so we where left waiting for more than an extra hour at the airport before it was rectified and we where on our way. That's fine, mistakes happen, we where still having a good time and looking forward to Bangkok. We arrived at the hotel and it was beautiful, very impressive looking. I approached the reception and having worked in the customer service industry myself I could sense straight away that the whole reception staff where stressed even though the reception was not overly busy. They where very abrupt with me but not rude so I just put it down to them having a bad day, it happens, no problem. Informed them about the mix up with the transfer and the reply was it was not their responsibility as a separate company was responsible for transfers. Not a great attitude to have but fine, I'm on holiday I don't want to argue. Checked in and transferred to the suite. Once we got situated and dealt with our luggage I realised that there was nothing in the room to signify it was our honeymoon. I went down to reception first of all to make sure our return transfer was booked properly, it was. They where still stressed and I inquired if they realised it was our honeymoon as I had previously communicated. The response from the duty manager was as follows in a sarcastic tone: "Well what do you expect from us the pent house room, free meals a free stay?" Understandably I was a bit shocked and said no I'm not expecting that but what I am expecting is a polite person to speak to. He shrugged of the criticism and asked what he can do for me, like he had pressed a reset button! I asked him what do you usually do as standard for people on their honeymoon? He replied we put flower petals on the bed, provide a honeymoon cake and usually upgrade to a room with a best view. The way he said it implied to me that I had already received this so I said that we had received none of this and I was just really expecting a small gesture. He said you should of received these things so I will check with housekeeping, it's their fault. Again a poor attitude to have assigning fault. I asked him what would happen then and his reply was to leave it with him and as I did not want an argument and was made to feel uncomfortable I left it at that.

Nothing happened, no gesture at all was made for the whole stay and I decided it was not worth complaining again as I had more important things to do, besides that's what sites like this are for.

I would not recommend adding the transport element to any excursions organised by the hotel either. The driver himself was very good and professional but the car supplied was a beat up old toyota from the late 80', very early 90's with no a/c and very worn upholstery.

Overall, the other staff apart from reception where very good and friendly. We did have an enjoyable stay in Bangkok it's just on reflection that the reception staff let the hotel down and if you make any special requests don't expect them to even attempt to make you feel welcome. It was a very unusual atmosphere at reception, they treat you like the enemy at times. Just a few unprofessional staff in a key area can make you have a bad opinion.

Room Tip: Don't get a room to the rear of the hotel like us, not as good a view unless you like viewing a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shwan S
I apologize for our lack of service occured to you. I altready investigated for this case with our Front Office Manager and found that there our staff mistake to converse the wrong meaning to you. Nevertheless, there 's completely our fault and I already seriously brief with Front Office Team to review our service to make sure that there will not happen again. Refer to the Limousine Service, I also apologize for your inconvenience cause. I alrady discuss with Front Office Manager and Limousine Staffs to revise there working process
to reduce the faulty as much as possible.
Again thank you very much for your kind support. I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were happy with our stay in the hotel for 2 nights. The hotel location is pretty good, very near the Siam square area.

The check in was smooth and hassle-free. The rooms were quite spacious and well-appointed. We got a room with a good view of the shopping malls around, which looked pretty good lighted up at night. The bed was comfortable to sleep.

The bathroom was decent with the usual amenities, including a bathtub and a shower cubicle.

The buffet breakfast did not have much to offer, and for us vegetarians fruits and bread were the options as usual.

The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. Overall an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gaurav333
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.I will discuss with our Executive Chef to improvement our Breakfast Menu. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future