My wife and I are frequent visitors to Bangkok for holidays and normally choose 4 to 5 star hotel there such as Intercontinental and Holiday Inn. We both love this hotel and will definitely come back again. The upsides of this hotel are many
1. Excellent location – I totally agree the previous review that you should not underestimate the importance of good location. The hotel is within 5 min walk to the nearest BTS and within accessible distance to central world, Big C and other good shopping areas. This avoids a lot of bad experience to deal with some cunning taxi drivers in Bangkok.
2. Spacious and clean room – the rooms are very modern furnished. I lived in Grand Deluxe room for 3 nights and later moved to Suite room for 2 nights. Both rooms are very spacious, which are well equipped with some fine facilities such as microwave ovens, washing machine, mini hi-fi set, umbrellas and so on.
3. Spectacular view in high floor – can see a huge golf field. This reduces much tension of the trip.
4. The facility floor is interesting – it has a quite reading room and a big theatre room.
5. The spa is excellent – very professional and friendly staff. The price is on the high side but still reasonable when comparing to other spa in most 5 star hotels. Of course you can easily find better deal if you are willing to go out the hotel.
The downside is that the restaurant for breakfast is a bit crowded for some days. But it is acceptable to me, since the staff is very efficient in general. Regarding other bad comments, luckily I did’t have such encounters. The bell staff was very friendly and helpful. The check-out was very smooth. The taxi driver they arranged for me was OK except the one to the airport the driver didn’t want to use meters but bargained a higher amount. I must say this is not the first time I had this and got a similar bad experience when I lived in Holiday Inn. So I think those poor taxi drivers should be the ones to be blamed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. Paradise amid the City of Angels Savour a heavenly stay in an urban paradise where sophisticated, world-class facilities meet heartfelt service. Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri is a refined oasis in the heart of Bangkok. The hotel is just minutes away from the central shopping district of Ratchadamri. Its location offers easy access to local landmarks, diverse entertainment and fine dining options – from the upscale Siam Paragon and CentralWorld designer malls to inexpensive bargains at the ManeeyaCenter, Amarin Plaza and President Tower Arcade. The city’s pulse beats just moments from Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Centre Point Hotel And Residence Ratchadamri
- Grande Centre Point Bangkok