Queen's Garden Resort at River View
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$374
US$295
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Stayed one night between flights. All you need from such hotel is location and fair price and Queen's Garden definitely has it. Room was clean, price was 800 baht only, so what else do you need? The only point I did not like were stairs - walking to 3rd floor and back with bags is an experience (so better call a bell boy to do that).

My only advice would be - do not use hotel's minibus to get to Suvarnabhumi. It costs 150 B per room and runs only every hour only. The taxi cab will cost 70 and take you there any time in 5 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sanchez73
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I made my reservation 24 hours before arriving in Bangkok; a representative was at the airport to meet me with my name on a board. The trip to the hotel was only 5-10 minutes, and I booked the hotel's shuttle to take me back the next morning, which also went fine.

The standard airport hotels charge $200-300 per night. This place is less than $40 per night, including the cost for the shuttle. It's not luxurious, it's maybe a little tatty, but if you just want somewhere to sleep for six hours between flights, it's perfectly adequate.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed at the Queen's Garden Resort Nov. 2011 for 3 nights prior to our departure from BKK (where we were supposed to go was flooded). The front desk staff was efficient & spoke English rather well. They had 3 shuttle vans going constantly in the late evening transporting people. They were quite busy each night & early morning. Of course you are going to hear planes, they are minutes from the airport. Thanks to tripadvisor, at check-in I asked to see the room first & was shown a rm. on the back side, so I requested a water view and was courteously accommodated. The room was clean, the water hot (instant on), a/c worked well. Refrigerator and 2 bottles of water are provided. There are snacks and the fridge is stocked but there is a charge for anything besides water & nescafe if used. They have a restaurant but are outrageously expensive for Bangkok, beer is high too. There is a 7Eleven on the corner with cold beer @ 1/3rd the cost and many food vendors there too.
It is picturesque with the Wat across the canal, people crossing the bridge or feeding the fish. The hotel has some cute traditional Thai sitting areas by the canals which we appreciated each morning for coffee and each evening to sip our beer.
We took the railway line (a 10 min. walk) into the city each day.
We did have a tattered sheet but clean, I showed this to the maid in the morning and it was changed to a nice new one upon my return from the city. The staff was friendly, though most didn't speak any English except for the girls at the desk.
I was provided with a map or directions as needed too.
Besides their food being crazy expensive so is their wifi at 200 BHT, it makes no sense, since most places offer it for free. I just took my iPad with me to the city to use.
We would have stayed at the Paragon Inn just 2 km. away but they had flooding at the time, they are much closer for places to walk to than the Queen's Garden.
We weren't dissatisfied though. Through the night they have shuttles to the airport every hour on the hour and are prompt.
If you need a place to be near BKK for an early departure this would suffice, at least for my husband & I.
We stayed at the Marriott for 3 weeks prior to this and found this to be adequate for what we needed.

Room Tip: Request to see the room prior to handing your passport, to make sure you have a canal side. The other side is one foot away from an apt. building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cing2me
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed @ this hotel for 1 night , after i arrived in bkk i went to arrivals to find the hotel rep to catch the hotel pick up bus i couldnt find him for about 15 mins and when i did he ignored me cause he was chatting on the phone 2 his mates ( i guess) and when he finally finished he didnt have a clue until i pointed 2 my name on his list . The transit was about 10 mins 2 the hotel that went smoothly at least , when i got 2 the check in the receptionist was surly and seemed she couldnt be bothered and didnt like 2 chat 2 guests or only just enough 2 suffice . the room was actually nice 2 single beds wardrobe, bathroom and tv and tea/coffe making facilities and a mini bar if u need it . the problem was when i came 2 sleep it was on the main path so being a light sleeper they keep me up all night so i wasnt a happy bunny in the morning and i had 2 catch a 2 cambodia the next day .IMHO avoid this hotel if possible if not dont get a room on the 4th floor

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
14  Thank shane1212
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed in this hotel just for one night as it is near the airport. It's a soulless place that serves for nothing else but passing endless hours before the flight goes. Very expensive for what you get. We felt sorry for all the other 'guests' arriving (of whom several left 5 mins. after arrival)
Don't go!