“You get what you pay for”

Queen's Garden Resort at River View
Ranked #578 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
San Francisco, CA
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I am writing my review from this dump right now. I paid all of 21 usd for my room and got what I expected. It is a seedy hotel, but the ac works fine, the bed is fine, and the staff speaks enough English to get the job done. I never did find the shuttle, but the taxi fare is exactly the same as the shuttle, and that's after the driver went the wrong way to drive up the fare, so I recommend you take a taxi. Plenty of street food around the corner, so don't bother with the over priced restaurant. For a one night stay before an early flight on a limited budget, it is ok.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Yades

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wendover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We were due to arrive in Bankok late at night and needed a hotel just for that night before moving on. Went online and due to a stupid misunderstanding of the value of the baht we ended up with a room in a hotel costing the equivalent of about £18!! We were met at the airport and driven to the hotel which appeared to be at the end of a dark alley – growing trepidation. However, nice people at reception and we were given a room which was very basic but functional – stocked fridge, shower, tea coffee – all we needed. The place was a bit noisy as it is under the flight path but there were no planes 1-6 am. Had a good night’s sleep and, before taking the shuttle (£3 per room), we had a walk round the local area – across the small bridge over the river, past the temple, all very relaxed. Not bad at all considering it all came about by mistake !!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NomadicTeachers
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed here for one night with two friends as we had an overnight layover in Bangkok. Having arrived early evening we easily found the hotel's contact in the arrivals hall and had checked in to the hotel and were in our rooms less than an hour after getting off the plane. We spent the evening sitting by the river enjoying the excellent (and cheap) local food and beer from the restaurant!

The rooms were on the small side but clean and well maintained. We all managed a good night's rest before our flight, and the airport shuttle was efficient and punctual both ways.

It cost just under £30 for two rooms, excellent value for money in our opinion.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank WindsorVillain
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2011

we stayed here for 1 night and were disappointed with the hotel. it did not look like the photos on its website.Three of us were in a small room which although looked clean initially,was very scruffy with marks over the walls, the top of the fridge was filthy, the bathroom was hidden behind a curtain with a very flimsy door and was tiny with the shower right next to the toilet with no partition. We couldn't get hot water so had to have cold shower. it is right under the flight path and we could hear people coming and go through the night. we understood it was a cheap hotel but the other hotel we stayed at for 1 night on the way through was as cheap and presented much better, plus had hot water.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank pamela003

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Stayed one night between flights. All you need from such hotel is location and fair price and Queen's Garden definitely has it. Room was clean, price was 800 baht only, so what else do you need? The only point I did not like were stairs - walking to 3rd floor and back with bags is an experience (so better call a bell boy to do that).

My only advice would be - do not use hotel's minibus to get to Suvarnabhumi. It costs 150 B per room and runs only every hour only. The taxi cab will cost 70 and take you there any time in 5 minutes.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanchez73
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I made my reservation 24 hours before arriving in Bangkok; a representative was at the airport to meet me with my name on a board. The trip to the hotel was only 5-10 minutes, and I booked the hotel's shuttle to take me back the next morning, which also went fine.

The standard airport hotels charge $200-300 per night. This place is less than $40 per night, including the cost for the shuttle. It's not luxurious, it's maybe a little tatty, but if you just want somewhere to sleep for six hours between flights, it's perfectly adequate.

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan P
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed at the Queen's Garden Resort Nov. 2011 for 3 nights prior to our departure from BKK (where we were supposed to go was flooded). The front desk staff was efficient & spoke English rather well. They had 3 shuttle vans going constantly in the late evening transporting people. They were quite busy each night & early morning. Of course you are going to hear planes, they are minutes from the airport. Thanks to tripadvisor, at check-in I asked to see the room first & was shown a rm. on the back side, so I requested a water view and was courteously accommodated. The room was clean, the water hot (instant on), a/c worked well. Refrigerator and 2 bottles of water are provided. There are snacks and the fridge is stocked but there is a charge for anything besides water & nescafe if used. They have a restaurant but are outrageously expensive for Bangkok, beer is high too. There is a 7Eleven on the corner with cold beer @ 1/3rd the cost and many food vendors there too.
It is picturesque with the Wat across the canal, people crossing the bridge or feeding the fish. The hotel has some cute traditional Thai sitting areas by the canals which we appreciated each morning for coffee and each evening to sip our beer.
We took the railway line (a 10 min. walk) into the city each day.
We did have a tattered sheet but clean, I showed this to the maid in the morning and it was changed to a nice new one upon my return from the city. The staff was friendly, though most didn't speak any English except for the girls at the desk.
I was provided with a map or directions as needed too.
Besides their food being crazy expensive so is their wifi at 200 BHT, it makes no sense, since most places offer it for free. I just took my iPad with me to the city to use.
We would have stayed at the Paragon Inn just 2 km. away but they had flooding at the time, they are much closer for places to walk to than the Queen's Garden.
We weren't dissatisfied though. Through the night they have shuttles to the airport every hour on the hour and are prompt.
If you need a place to be near BKK for an early departure this would suffice, at least for my husband & I.
We stayed at the Marriott for 3 weeks prior to this and found this to be adequate for what we needed.

Room Tip: Request to see the room prior to handing your passport, to make sure you have a canal side. The othe...