Queen's Garden Resort at River View
US$171
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$373
US$295
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here for one day close to airport pick up/ drop off service ok not allot around the hotel you can get a motorbike taxis to the Train station go into town for shopping that's what did. Found the girl at reception help full when I started to ask lots of question and looked as if I could get lost she gave me a business card.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

The proximity of airport is pretty much the only reason you would stay. The hotel is definitely not attractive and has poor service.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed there one night in late April,
Close to Airport only 7/10 mins away
Had a good pick up/drop off service to Airport .
Rooms ok , clean tidy.
restaurant & bar downstairs was empty,.
if i need to stay a night in Bkk to be near airport will probably stay there again , but not any longer than 1 night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Out travel agent in Phnom Penh booked this hotel for us after I asked her for a somewhat "upscale" hotel near the Bangkok airport to end our trip. I agree that the rooms were clean and neat, but "upscale" - decidedly not.

* our room at "River View" was on the back side of the hotel, which meant we could have reached out of the (one) window (located in the bathroom alcove) and touched the apartment in the next building
* the "River" is a canal, and it appeared that most of the adjacent businesses were closed. We felt decidedly unsafe walking along the canal as dusk approched.
* food in the restaurant was fairly good, but the first three items we requested were not in stock or a substitution had to be made (shrimp for Tiger Prawns). The food was overpriced as well, but we were "stuck" since there really was nowhere else.
* At check-in we asked for a taxi at 0330 to get to the airport. When we arrived downstairs at 0320, they didn't seem to know anything about it and sent someone to get a cab. FORTUNATELY they DID return with one at about 0335.

I WISH I could offer a better review, because we were looking forward to a "special" night for our last evening in Bangkok. What we got was a "memorable" one...

Room Tip: If you ARE going to stay here, get a room on the FRONT side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlennKVI
Reviewed 27 March 2012

It was difficult for me to choose between a 3 and 4 rating, but I've opted for an overall 3 rating. Although the charms of the place includes the convenience Queen's Garden offers by being so close to the Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), having comfortable and fairly clean rooms, the price, the staff being nice, and for having a convenient shuttle service to/from the airport. My husband and I chose to stay at Queen's Garden again, our fourth time, as we had an early morning flight returning to the States. After trying out a variety of rooms I now have my favorite. I ask for an upper level double facing the river. These rooms are fairly simple, but offer a nice view of the river and Buddhist monastery (Wat) that's across the street. If you're lucky you'll also hear or see the large jumping fish that have pretty much overtaken the pond. It is clean for the most part, although the bathroom has some open vents so you can get some visiting bugs, as well as hear the outside sounds quite easily. But, there's a door to the bathroom and changing area so you can tame down the noise and control the potential bug issue. With a good working air-conditioner you can pretty much block out the majority of outside sounds, with the exception of some low-flying airplanes coming into the airport and also the barking dogs across the river that call the colorful Wat their home. There's not much around for eating, except for Queen's Garden's own restaurant which has average to good food. If you are staying earlier in the day just up the narrow street (the opposite direction of the footbridge that crosses the river) there's a local's eatery. It's a busy place with a friendly vibe. It is only open in the mornings but they serve up some great duck, etc. There is also a quality coffee and tea stand which will make most jet-lagged travelers happy. I would not recommend Queen's Garden for longer stays though. See my reviews for Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza and Sri-Ayuttaya Guest House for some other ideas. However, I do recommend Queen's Garden for short stays. We'll happily stay again on our arrival and departure from Thailand.

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are the upstair ones facing the river.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple