“Lovely trendy hotel, excellent service, a haven of peace in hectic Bangkok”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
London
“Lovely trendy hotel, excellent service, a haven of peace in hectic Bangkok”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Beautiful rooms and trendy hotel, very relaxing, lovely scent in the lobby which I wanted to take home and package. Excellent service, very nice place to stay in Bangkok. Very near Patpong Market (which could be a good or bad thing depending on your preferences) and generally well located.

Room Tip: Starwood Preferred Guests get rooms on higher floors - if you are not a member, join when you check...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying with Le Méridien Bangkok during your visit to Bangkok. It brings us much joy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your compliments. The contemporary design and settings have all been carefully studied to offer a new perspective and to inspire our guests during their stay. To hear that you enjoyed these elements brings us a great pride.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

With Best Regards,

Le Méridien Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
NYC
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Though the hotel is right by Patpong Road, you are definitely transported to a whole other world. The front desk and concierge helped greatly with advising where to go and the best method of getting there. The concierge even warned me about the Grand Palace- tuk tuk scheme and I was extremely thankful of that.

But I give Le Meridien 5 stars because of their breakfast! If you have a choice to book it as a package with your hotel packages - DEFINITELY DO IT! There's even free wi-fi in all the public places including where breakfast is served. From the front desk down to the servers at breakfast, you are treated with respect and taken great care of!! You wont regret booking here.

You should note the hotel is away from public transportation so you will need to cab it or walk a good distance to get back to the hotel. It's definitely not a backpacking hotel.

Room Tip: Starwood preferred guests will get upgrades to circular beds.
Dear Reviewer,

Creating our guests stay more pleasurable by assisting them in any queries and giving advice is one of our team’s top priorities. We are pleased that you were able to experience this first hand.

At Le Le Méridien Bangkok, we aspire to provide the best quality and choice during your Culinary discoveries. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed these features.
We will definitely share your kind compliments with our service team. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit soon.

With all our very best wishes,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This was my third stay in Le Meridien, and it's not failed to impress me. The staff members really make this hotel a haven in Bangkok, very friendly, helpful and always with genuine smiles on them.
We were upgraded to a suite, which was spacious and fantastic, complete with a coffee maker. The room was airy and bright. Not overly plush and very comfortable and nice!
The spa treatment I had was excellent, and prices very reasonable.
The breakfast was still my favourite in all of Bangkok!! Sitting in the sun lit dining area whiling away the morning hours is one of my favourite things to do in the city!!
My top choice hotel in Bangkok!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is one the best hotels that I've had the pleasure to stay in. It offers the perfect antidote to the frenetic streets of central Bangkok. As soon as the front door closed behind me I felt cocooned from the city outside. Our room on the 22nd floor was wonderful with fantastic views, service throughout our stay was first class with friendly and helpful staff, food and drink was of a high quailty and the location is great if you want to be in the centre of things. Overall, top marks to Le Meridien and I'll certainly return if I ever visit Bangkok again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Bangkok, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We highly appreciate your compliments. It is great to hear you were impressed with the arrival experience and our service culture.

All our team at Le Méridien Bangkok will be thrilled to hear your comments and positive feedback.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

With Kind Regards,

Dublin
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Wonderful hotel situated near one of the night markets, convenient to the skytrain. I stayed here for 3 nights and was upgraded to a Suite on check in. The lobby is avantgarde but nice as is the coffee they serve there. Nice smoking area just outside as well and not intrusive to those who don't smoke.

The room was magnificent and huge as was the walk in double shower and bath. The amenities are also quite nice. Breakfast buffet was delicious and caters for everyone's taste. It's worth paying for if it's not included in your rate. For those who are more budget conscious there are plenty of places to eat nearby.

There is a gym and outdoor swimming pool with sundeck which looks gorgeous.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I travelled to Bangkok quite frequently over the years and am finding that if I want to stay in a "modern" hotel, my choice would be the Le Meridien on soi Surawong.

As I have been going to the hotel quite frequently, some of the hotel staff have come to know me a bit and even address me by name, which is quite nice. As I am an SPG Platinum member, most of the times I get upgraded to a junior suite which in the hotel is very roomy and comfortable indeed. The rooms of the hotel are furnished with modern designed furnitures that are not uncomfortable at all. The beds are just so nice and comfortable, you have trouble getting out of them. The bathrooms are huge, especially the ones in the suites with everything available for 2 people: sinks, 2 sets of shower heads and at the same time 2 rain-shower thingies but only 1 huge bathtub (big enough for 2 though). The one thing in the shower that is not great are the knobs to turn on the water, the design is just not practical, very difficult to turn especially with soapy hands.

Most of the time I eat my meals outside of the hotel except for maybe breakfast. I must say the breakfast buffet is truly excellent.

The hotel is literally meters away from Patpong night markets and the BTS (Sala Daeng station) is within walking distance too. As other reviewers had commented, other less "healthy" attractions are also nearby so this might make it somewhat less attractive to some.

Like I had said, I have been going to the hotel for a while now, and I expect to be staying there in the future too. Excellent place.

• Stayed September 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 September 2011

If you have no children, or plan to leave the kids home (like we did), this is a good hotel to be.

The hotel is a stone's throw away from a very vibrant night market and all the pubs and bars (sleazy and otherwise). It is also conveniently located about 7 minute away from the Sala Deang BTS (15 minute if it is at night, due to the crowd at night market, and the fact that you can't help but stop to peep at the ago-go bars !)

Breakfast was wonderfully. If you have been to the Le Meridien in Chiang Mai, this one is very similar and almost as good, both in term of food selection and service level. We did notice, however, that on our last day (a Sunday) the crowd was somewhat on the large side and the service was not quite as good as we received on weekdays, but we are not too bothered, as we already knew our way. But if it had been our first breakfast, we might have felt a bit under-serviced.

Room is modern, comfortable and spacious for us (without our two kids monkeying around, it was more than spacious !). I'm quite a light sleeper but still managed to sleep well without disturbance due to traffic noise, even though we were only on 11th floor, and facing the Suriwong Road. So that's another plus.

My only gripe was the limited TV channels (or rather, the lack of coverage for sports other than football and rugby). For my wife, she missed the pillow menu at Westin (she's too used to the Tempur at home and so complains about anything that's too soft).

It was also a very nice touch from them that they sent a cake to our room on my wife's birthday.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Le Méridien Bangkok. We truly appreciate your feedback and we are so glad to learn that you had an inspired stay.

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and treated your taste buds by joining our Le Méridien Signature Breakfast.

At Le Méridien Bangkok, we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests personalized services and in satisfying their every need. We are pleased that you were able to experience this first hand. When you do decide to return to Le Méridien Bangkok please let us know, as we will be very happy to oversee a reservation for you.

With Kind Regards,