“Cozy Place in Central City of Bangkok” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Bangkok

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Bekasi, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
“Cozy Place in Central City of Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I've got business trip last time. Good breakfast and larger room with city view. This hotel near night life of Bangkok which called Patpong... But I think, this hotel is not recommended for family, due to its location.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We greatly appreciate for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent visit.
Our associates are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant journey - not only having enjoyed our great rooms with a
stunning city view, but also our Le Méridien Signature Breakfast.

The entire team look forward to the next pleasant possibility of welcoming you back to our hotel.

With our best wishes,

Nick Zilinski
Director - Sales + Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

First time to Bangkok, stayed 3 nts, Hotel is lovely, Staff friendly & Attentive, a vast range for Breakfast, location was great not too far away from attractions, we just loved it & would highly recommend.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed 1 night at this property in March 2013 and had a superb visit.

I arrived early in the morning and attempted to check-in at 9am - I was quite sweaty from the humidity outside, and the staff immediately brought me a cool glass of water and cold towel. A nice touch!

While the room wasn't ready until 11am (well before 'official' check-in), I was encouraged to use the Fitness Centre to shower and/or use the gym. So I did. They promised to bring me my room key when it was ready, and they did - plus, the manager came up to greet me and welcome me to the hotel. Again, super friendly service and it made me feel really welcome. (The gym itself is fully functional with fantastic change rooms and facilities).

I was upgraded to a suite without asking (SPG Plat), and the room was excellent. Very very large, great coffee machine, about 8 bottles of water (!), an enormous two-man shower, separate living, blackout curtains, king bed - it was perfect....just what i needed to relax after a long flight. Lots of quality amenities (soaps, shampoos, etc) and a beautiful bathroom that opened out onto the bedroom - in fact every room seemed to have shutters that allowed you to open everything up. Really functional and flexible.

Food? I ate at the hotel twice - dinner, and breakfast (included). Both were fantastic - the number of options were just amazing. Cook to order dishes, as well as hot buffet, dessert, juice, salad, asian, etc offerings. I really enjoyed both meals and, while you may feel a bit guilty not going out onto the street for some local food options, the knowledge that the hotel has great dining may suit those who want to stay in.

I did spend both days at the pool - you are greeted with a cold towel, facial spray, and a glass of water. Drinks are available and the lychee frozen drink I had was delicious. The pool itself was lovely and there were ample sun chairs available (when I went).

LOCATION - right in Pat Pong / Silom - with restaurants, bars, markets all around you. Fairly easy to get to as well.

For the price I paid, I think Le Meridien represents great value. I will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Le Meridien Bangkok exceeded every expectation. Check-in was very quick and easy, which is exactly what you want after arriving at 2am. The staff were always very friendly and extremely helpful with our queries about things to do and places to see in the city.
Complimentary WiFi is only available in lobby, however we were still able to pick up a signal in our room.

Our Corner King Room was very spacious with a beautiful large bathroom and all amenities expected from a 5 star hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable, with a choice of lush pillows. Le Meridien is in a great location surrounded by malls, nightlife and convenience stores and a mere 10 minute walk to the nearest sky train station. Taxi's are readily available upon request, however you should avoid the tuk-tuk drivers that try to entice you with a cheap fare to take you to various tourist traps.

There was both housekeeping and turndown service everyday and the food from the room service menu was decent, but a little pricey for Bangkok. The pool and pool setting was beautiful and the gym was well equipped. All in all there was a great vibe in hotel, a very cool, chic oasis from hectic red light district of Patpong. Check-out was a breeze and the floor staff were very helpful and accommodating right to our very last request.

The staff also gave great recommendations on a great massage parlour called Bodytune and restaurant Blue Elephant. Highly recommend going to both.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jrosslin
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

My second stay at the Le Meridien Bangkok. The hotel has a very hip and cool vibe, and yet without the attitude that normally goes along with that type of venue. The staff is very kind and attentive. The breakfast is quite good with a lot of selection.

I forgot a t-shirt there, and I feel happy for it. The T-shirt got to stay longer!

Thank you LM BKK for a second outstanding stay

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and did not want to leave! Great food and so close to the action in Bangkok. Outstanding staff and great experience in all- never had so much Illy coffee in my life. Thanks Kok for your help with our Airline tickets!!!

Room Tip: Pick a room as high as possible
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

During a 10 day stay, every member of the team from the greeting at the door to the concierge to the reception to the restaurant to the coffee shop to the chamber maid made me feel wlecome and at home. In other words, an excellently trained team of professional, friendly people who didn't put a foot wrong and organised everything I needed during my business trip.
Personally, for relaxation, I prefer the location of the Shrangri-La with the facility to eat overlooking the beautiful river. However, I never waited more than 2 minutes for a taxi at Le Merdien (important if you have appointment schedule) and whilst the restaurant is not the most elegant for my taste, the food and the service more than compensated for that.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick_Zilinski, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Dear Reviewer,

May we thank you for choosing our hotel as a base for your business trip to Bangkok.

We are much honored to receive such comments and that the highlight of your journey were our excellent service team.

Our team love your feedback and they are indeed doing a fabulous job to upholding our hospitality service.

Please do let us know when you are back, and allow me personally to look after your stay.

With Kind Regards,