“Great Time”

Ranked #12 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great Time”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

So I was just there (End of March / Early April 2013)...first off, the rooms are great, I crashed there with a friend of mine for the first few days, everything was great, we didn't want room service, and they left us alone. Pool is good, not huge, but large enough, and most guests don't use the area so it's nice and private, great place to recoup from a night of clubbing out in bangkok. The guests are a mix of businessman/woman, tourists, and families / couples, but everyone was pretty nice and unassuming, so I think this place would probably be good for couples, singles, families, etc. The food at the hotel is excellent, the buffet and the burger (I mean it's a burger in bangkok thailand, not philadelphia or new york, but it was worth ordering again). The people who work there are super friendly, always giving great advice on where to eat, shopping, clubs, etc...if you haven't been to bangkok, the location is pretty good as well, very close to patpong (like a block) and only about a quarter mile from MBK (shopping) as well as the MRT (rail line). I'm kind of hesitant about giving such a good rating because i don't want this place to be sold out next time I go! cheers!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Nick_Zilinski, Director - Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us.
At Le Méridien Bangkok, we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests personalized services and in satisfying their every need. We are delighted that you were able to experience this first hand and that you have much enjoyed the hotel’s facilities.

Many thanks again for your excellent rating score and feel welcome to contact me if you do to decide to return to our hotel.

With all our very best wishes,

Director – Sales + Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Hotel is located r in a narrow one way street. The hotel itself is a typical Meridien very similar to which I had stayed in the other countries. The basic room which I had booked was city view in the SPG floor. The size was fair and the room there were coffee, tea maker withe assorted tea and coffee and some chocolate. The bed quality was very good and the room was clean. The breakfast had enough variety. On arrival they invited you to have an iced coffee and the check-in/ check-out procedure was fast. the problem is just taxi in the rush time which would take a little time to take the taxi and there is a heavy traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on this forum. We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed the offered service facilities.
As part of Le Méridien Hotels, we strive to exceed each and everyone's expectations and to create an inspired journeys for our guests.

In regards to your appreciated comment on the public taxi service, may I take the opportunity to explain that the hotel offers a private limousine car service which is available at any time. On the other hand, the hotel is located in a convenient walking distance to the public transportation stations for BTS and MRT.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and the entire team look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit to Bangkok.

With Kind Regards,

Director - Sales + Marketing
Bekasi, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I've got business trip last time. Good breakfast and larger room with city view. This hotel near night life of Bangkok which called Patpong... But I think, this hotel is not recommended for family, due to its location.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

We greatly appreciate for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent visit.
Our associates are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant journey - not only having enjoyed our great rooms with a
stunning city view, but also our Le Méridien Signature Breakfast.

The entire team look forward to the next pleasant possibility of welcoming you back to our hotel.

With our best wishes,

Director - Sales + Marketing
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

First time to Bangkok, stayed 3 nts, Hotel is lovely, Staff friendly & Attentive, a vast range for Breakfast, location was great not too far away from attractions, we just loved it & would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed 1 night at this property in March 2013 and had a superb visit.

I arrived early in the morning and attempted to check-in at 9am - I was quite sweaty from the humidity outside, and the staff immediately brought me a cool glass of water and cold towel. A nice touch!

While the room wasn't ready until 11am (well before 'official' check-in), I was encouraged to use the Fitness Centre to shower and/or use the gym. So I did. They promised to bring me my room key when it was ready, and they did - plus, the manager came up to greet me and welcome me to the hotel. Again, super friendly service and it made me feel really welcome. (The gym itself is fully functional with fantastic change rooms and facilities).

I was upgraded to a suite without asking (SPG Plat), and the room was excellent. Very very large, great coffee machine, about 8 bottles of water (!), an enormous two-man shower, separate living, blackout curtains, king bed - it was perfect....just what i needed to relax after a long flight. Lots of quality amenities (soaps, shampoos, etc) and a beautiful bathroom that opened out onto the bedroom - in fact every room seemed to have shutters that allowed you to open everything up. Really functional and flexible.

Food? I ate at the hotel twice - dinner, and breakfast (included). Both were fantastic - the number of options were just amazing. Cook to order dishes, as well as hot buffet, dessert, juice, salad, asian, etc offerings. I really enjoyed both meals and, while you may feel a bit guilty not going out onto the street for some local food options, the knowledge that the hotel has great dining may suit those who want to stay in.

I did spend both days at the pool - you are greeted with a cold towel, facial spray, and a glass of water. Drinks are available and the lychee frozen drink I had was delicious. The pool itself was lovely and there were ample sun chairs available (when I went).

LOCATION - right in Pat Pong / Silom - with restaurants, bars, markets all around you. Fairly easy to get to as well.

For the price I paid, I think Le Meridien represents great value. I will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Le Meridien Bangkok exceeded every expectation. Check-in was very quick and easy, which is exactly what you want after arriving at 2am. The staff were always very friendly and extremely helpful with our queries about things to do and places to see in the city.
Complimentary WiFi is only available in lobby, however we were still able to pick up a signal in our room.

Our Corner King Room was very spacious with a beautiful large bathroom and all amenities expected from a 5 star hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable, with a choice of lush pillows. Le Meridien is in a great location surrounded by malls, nightlife and convenience stores and a mere 10 minute walk to the nearest sky train station. Taxi's are readily available upon request, however you should avoid the tuk-tuk drivers that try to entice you with a cheap fare to take you to various tourist traps.

There was both housekeeping and turndown service everyday and the food from the room service menu was decent, but a little pricey for Bangkok. The pool and pool setting was beautiful and the gym was well equipped. All in all there was a great vibe in hotel, a very cool, chic oasis from hectic red light district of Patpong. Check-out was a breeze and the floor staff were very helpful and accommodating right to our very last request.

The staff also gave great recommendations on a great massage parlour called Bodytune and restaurant Blue Elephant. Highly recommend going to both.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jrosslin
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My second stay at the Le Meridien Bangkok. The hotel has a very hip and cool vibe, and yet without the attitude that normally goes along with that type of venue. The staff is very kind and attentive. The breakfast is quite good with a lot of selection.

I forgot a t-shirt there, and I feel happy for it. The T-shirt got to stay longer!

Thank you LM BKK for a second outstanding stay