“top class hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
dover
“top class hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while on our way to OZ & NZ.
Hotel is great, the hotel not in the best of places, but are there any in Bangkok ??!!
booked in straight away & room was perfect.
there are soom reviews saying about Patong night market being a problem ?, Belive me its not, you dont have to go near it if you dont want to !,,,,we did and its a normal market selling tat , dont bother .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Our travel agency booked us rooms at the Le Meridien Bangkok during a family trip, I didn’t regret leaving everything to the agency because we had the best accommodation during our stay in the country. The rooms were really clean, cozy and very modern. The rooms were very exceptional. The buffet was the best and I have no issues with that hotel whatsoever. They have indeed exceeded the level of customer delight and pleasure. Spacious room with a great view.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I enjoyed my experience during my visit in Bangkok. Le Meridien hotel has a class of its own, staff are warm and welcoming, the rooms are cousy and very clean, I definitely look forward to my next visit. This time with the family. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Every room serves you right!. Try 2820
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a beautiful Le Meridien property. it's located in the thick of Patpong, so if you have small children, this wouldn't be the best choice (at least at night), but in general its a lively area, that feels very safe and is in close walking distance to public transit. The facilities are gorgeous, there is a pool on a shorter rooftop that is very nice and a great area to lounge and get some sun. The rooms are great featuring new technology, comfy beds, great bathrooms and a very sleek look. We stayed using SPG cash and points, but the normal rates were very reasonable, especially for a hotel of this quality. The staff was also very helpful. Would certainly stay again and happily recommend it for someone looking for a very nice hotel just a notch below the 5-star hotels that are prolific in Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This was our second time in Bangkok and we've been lucky with both hotels. Le Meridien was perfectly positioned. We didn't catch tuk tuks at all this time. Being so close to MRT & BTS stations meant we could get around with ease.

The hotel was very clean and the staff couldn't do enough for us. They provided us with information on shopping as well as places to eat. At all hours they were extremely courteous, they made us very welcome.

The rooms were a reasonable size. They have aged a bit but you could tell they would've been the duck's nuts not too long ago. Bottled drinking was supplied daily as well as two bottles at the sink. Water pressure and heat was excellent for those concerned.

Free wifi credentials are given to guests but expire three hours after activation. Web speeds were reasonable for browsing etc but I'd look at hard wiring for those looking to stream video.

I didn't use the spa but my partner did a three hour stint and loved it. The gym/pool/treatment area is beautiful.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to be right in the middle of the action. Patpong markets are at your doorstep, Central shopping centre is a 5 min walk with both trains about the same distance. Siam shopping and the Asiatique markets only a few stations away.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLemur
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I do not want to praise the location, the comfort, the friendliest staff or delicious breakfast at the Hotel since many. Travelers have done that already. All I have to say that Le Meridien Bangkok gives that special feeling "like at home" like no other hotel in the world.

Room Tip: I am a smoker but have to admit there is light unpleasant smell on the smoking floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I know that the hotel business in Bangkok also suffers from the crisis. All try to cut the costs and during my last stay this was suddenly very visible. The towels in the public areas were replaced by piles of cheap paper towels. The quality of the breakfast is still ok but the items which made it special all disappeared. What happened to the almond croissants for example? The rooms are now bookable including both breakfast and dinner buffet but the quality of the dinner buffet is less than it used to be.

Nevertheless I also have some complaints. As a smoker I used to book a smoking room. Unfortunately the smell on the smoking floors is even for a smoker unbearable. Lack of cleaning or lack of ventilation? I think both. The rooms are completely covered by a thick layer of nicotine.

During my last stay I also noticed a lot of finger prints on the toilet door. Knowing that toilet doors are the most dirty objects in a hotel room and a serious danger for health, I decided to clean the door myself with a small towel. I found out that they NEVER clean these doors! The door was completely yellow. See attached picture of a towel after wiping this door.

Dear management, serious cleaning issues I would say! Small things but all together a reason to think twice before I will book my next stay.

Room Tip: avoid smoking floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Reviewer,

May we thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we were pleased to read that our hotel is your favorite place on your journeys to Bangkok.

However, we were concerned to learn that you were not satisfied with our provided service. Certainly, this is not acceptable and for us to correct, it would be most helpful if you could share your name or, if not, the number of the room you occupied.

Regarding to your appreciated comment on your loved almond croissants, it is great to hear that our rotating breakfast dish selection meet your taste. We are sorry that you were not able to enjoy it during your recent visit and please feel welcome to inform our culinary service team on your next visit so that we can serve your preferences on stage.

Moreover, we would be very happy to communicate further with you, should you wish to provide us with more specifics of your disappointments and we can be reached at nick.zilinski@lemeridien.com . Rest assured your review have been shared with all concerned departments and we are thankful on your notes as it help to improve our services where needed.

We do hope that after this explanation, you will consider to return to us and please contact my office directly as we will be happy to oversee an enhanced journey with us.

Yours sincerely,