“Home from Home in Bangkok”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Home from Home in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Le Meridien Bangkok is the only choice for me in Bangkok whether it. Be for work or pleasure. I have had the pleasure of staying at this excellent hotel on many occasions and find the professionalism of the staff throughout the hotel to be second to none. After a relaxing and long Buffett breakfast there is nothing better than lazing a round the pool decking area and listening to quite simply a fantastic selection of chilled out music that I would love to know how to get a hold of and add to my collection :-).
The location of the hotel has much to offer being positioned at the very end of the Patpong night market and it's proximity to a wide variety of bars and clubs means that people watching is a must in this hotel which certainly is open to many cultural differences.

The hotel rooms are stylish and excellent quality and you want for nothing. This is a destination that I fully recommend and with. Various packages ranging from spa treatments and evening buffets also available, checking the site for the best bargain to suit your taste is definitely worth the while.

Thank You once again for another excellent time at my official 'home from home' in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the circular beds as the king size is a far better and more comfortable choi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MillerGraeme
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for writing an excellent review for our hotel and we are delighted to learn that you had an inspired stay.

The contemporary design and settings have all been carefully studied to offer a new perspective and to inspire our guests during their stay. To hear that you enjoyed these elements brings us a great pride. And indeed, we have various packages of Spa treatment provided by our Spa therapists who creates most relaxing moments after a discovery throughout our vibrant city. All our team at Le Méridien Bangkok will be thrilled to hear your positive feedback and looking forward to welcome you back “home” in a very near future.

Meanwhile, we wish you all the best!

Director – Sales + Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed at the Le Meridien for 4 nights at the end of our stay in Sout East Asia, and we were very satisfied with our stay. The rooms are big and the beds are good.

The hotel is located quite centraly, and only a short walk either the BTS or MRT.

The service at the hotel is great, and all staff was very helpfull. The pool is good, albeit a bit shallow (1.2 meters). Breakfast was good but a bit expensive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I wanted to like this hotel more than I did - the location is excellent, the staff are professional and charming, and my room was very comfortable with a great view. What i didn't like was that there were only two small drawers in the bedroom making it very difficult to store clothes and not live out of a suitcase - there is plenty of hanging space however. The loo had a "washlet" which is a heated seat/bidet combo which came with more instructions and warnings about use/misuse that decided against giving it a try. Had a room with club benefits and the staff in the cocktail bar were excellent but no dedicated club floor. My main issue with this hotel is the constant music in every communal area of the building, including the pool area - I was told by the manager that this was part of a "lifestyle" but the music is best described as elevator music (Hotel Costes this was not) - my shazam app failed to identify more than a couple of tracks and there were some painful cover versions - only Tracy Chapman should ever sing Fast Car. What happened to a bit of peace and quiet in order to read your book or even take in the unique and atmospheric sounds of the vibrant city of Bangkok.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed in Le Meridien for the first time in Bangkok for a business trip with my colleagues. The stay was for 4 days and every day was wonderful thanks to the great hospitality and service of Le Meridien staff. The hotel is around 20-30 minutes from the airport and pretty much straightforward drive from the airport to the hotel steps. We arrived early and required an early check in. The room was reserved for an early booking and the checkin was pretty smooth. The room itself was very spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable and for a smoking room, the room was very hygienic. The breakfast in the morning was decent and had all the relevant assortments. We didnt have any dinner or lunch at the hotel but the outside bar was frequented lots of time. The hotel's location was very good as our office was 2 minutes walk from here and a 2 minutes walk from nightlife, restaurants and shops and another 5-7 minutes walk to the metro from where you go could to Siam or Central World for your shopping. There are a lot of night clubs around so you get bogged down by street women now and then but that's part of the locality and shouldnt discourage you from selecting this hotel. For a very busy location, the hotel itself is very very quiet at night and you can enjoy the perfect sleep. The staff is very professional and very helpful. Overall, a very satisfactory stay and hopefully we will visit Le Meridian again on any of our business trips to Bangkok. Good job, Le Merdian Bangkok team.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Umair B
Munich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Le Meridien Bangkok is one of the hotel in which I regularly stay in Bangkok. I have stayed here since the very first opening and the last time in February this year. Before I faced sometimes problems there with unskilled employees, especially at the front desk.

But I remember from other stays, very nice rooms, good breakfast and a nice happy hour for Platinum members. So I decided to come back last week, because I had work in this areaI. I was really impressed how much this hotel improved. An excellent and professional service made this stay to a wonderful experience.

I can really recommend this hotel and would like to use the opportunity here to thank again, especially Nicole Monsato, to make this time my stay to an unforgettable nice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

We greatly appreciate your positive comments as it is always gratifying to receive such feedback from our regular guests. It is a pleasure to know that our services exceeded your expectation – hence, making your stay a memorable one.

We will definitely share your kind compliments with our team.

Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit soon.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This place is incredible.

So having done 1 night in dubai then 2 in bangkok. 3 in patong, 2 in karon and 1 in phi phi this was my final hotel before I went home. Save the best for last they say and we did.

Firstly the sight of the hotel is impressive it looks amazing inside and out, secondly the reception you get is great the staff are warm, friendly, attentive, personal, chatty the lot!

The rooms are clean, fresh and have everything you want and need. And are luxurious and I was in the standard rooms.

We went to the restaurant for an evening meal and saw the buffet and still wish I got it but ended up with a meal from the al la carte which was again tremendous and good value. 2 meals 4 drinks and a starter to share for £23 in a 5 star hotel I say is good.

The following morning we went back to the restaurant for the breakfast I added and we weren't let down at all, the buffet is the best I've been to bar none and that includes the states. The choice is vast and it's all fresh and tasty.

The location is amazing also, 2 minutes to patpong market, 2 minutes to night life, 2 minutes to shops and coffee houses, 10 minutes to mbk and siam paragon it's as centre as it gets for me.

We flew late on the evening and were given a late check out of 2 which was a nice touch, when we came back at 8 we still had an hour before we left and a few minor things to pack and baring in mind at this point I've checked out the staff were so friendly and helpful and I was leaving!!!

This hotel was also on par with the cheapest I booked for my holiday and was easily the best! I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone and will look out for the brands when I travel next!

• Stayed March 2014
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We highly appreciate your compliments. It is great to hear you were impressed with the arrival experience and our service culture.

At Le Méridien Bangkok, we aspire to provide the best quality and choice during your Culinary discoveries. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed these features.

All our team will be thrilled to hear your comments and positive feedback. We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok soon.

Meanwhile, please take care and we wish you all the best!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The hotel exceeded my expectations. Great room, facilities, and staff. Good location because it's a short walk to the sky train and near several outdoor shopping districts. Breakfast was pricey but it is a 5-star hotel and the food didn't disappoint. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team we thank you for selecting our hotel and for taking the time to detail your excellent experience.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed culinary moments, the hotels location and that our team have been able to meet your expectations.

It will be our pleasure to share your kind compliments with our service team, and we are grateful of your praises. We hope to see again soon.