“Awesome As Always”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #11 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Great time on our second visit. Service was impeccable. A special mention to Poom who amongst the other guys at the door were always keen to go the extra mile when it came to arranging transportation in the safest way possible and advising on tours, restaurants ,shopping areas etc.

This is a classy hotel close to night shopping and central to most destinations in Bangkok.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chistian_Humbert, General Manager at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your second journey with us. We truly appreciate your kind feedback and we are so glad to learn that you have had a pleasant stay.

We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the high service and quality levels that we pride ourselves in delivering.

We would like to share your comments among our service team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Bangkok very soon.

Christian Humbert

Write a ReviewReviews (3,707)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is my second time to stay at this hotel. The location in Bangkok is great; it is right next to the exciting Patpong street / market, and one block from the skytrain that can take you to the Siam square malls and entertainment area. The main attractions downtown are a quick cab (or tuk tuk) ride away.

The hotel is a sparkling property. Truly 5 star luxury. The staff could not be nicer..

Why not 5 stars?

Two complaints from my recent stay:
#1 - A family member ordered room service but was brought more than they ordered (and charged more; I did not realize this until after we had checked out). But overall, as with most hotels, I would highly recommend to NOT use room service or their overpriced food.
#2 - We had requested and booked a taxi van (at the suggestion of the hotel staff, since we had 3 people and too many bags to fit in a car) to take us to the airport at 4:30am. We came downstairs at 4:30am, and there was no taxi van to be found. There were plenty of taxi cars and we made it to the airport just fine, but had to cram in the taxi and stack our bags in the car in a way that the hotel workers could not figure out.

But in a show of the hotel's customer focus, later that day I received a very nice letter from the manager stating that they realized there had been a problem with our taxi, and that they were researching and figuring out how to prevent the problem in future. Look, it was a small error in the grand scheme; for this visit I did knock off a star for that, BUT if I return to Bangkok I will return to this hotel, and I'm sure I will have a 5 star experience.

Overall very highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for taking your time to share your recent experience with us.

At Le Méridien Bangkok we always endeavor to ensure each valued guest has a memorable experience. However, we were concerned to read that you had 2 issues during your stay and we did not meet your expectation. I have already personally addressed the topic of In Room Dining with the respective teams to make sure this will never occur again.

Thank you once again for your valuable and constructive feedback that allows us to improve our service and be aware of those areas which need further and immediate improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit with us very soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Being a Starwood loyalist, it was either this or The Westin, and Le Meridien won due to the proximity to Silom. The Patpong area was a bit of a concern, but I'm glad I did come here. For ~ SGD 160, the hotel had one of the best rooms I've stayed in Asia. It's probably because the property is new, but nevertheless, the rooms were very spacious, well laid out, good furnishings and most small details were paid due attention. Very clean and well maintained with good quality bed linen, just what the doctor ordered after a day full of meetings. The staff is very friendly and eager to help out. The breakfast spread was excellent and so was the dinner and room service. The front office manager, Khun Krongkarn, even remembered our compliment to the staff on check-out and followed up with a gracious thank you mail the very next day. Overall, a very nice stay, and is definitely recommended if you are in Bangkok. Suffices to say that you can never really go wrong with SPG.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

As our valued guest and SPG member, we appreciate your feedback and are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Le Méridien Bangkok has indeed a unique design and ambiance. We are very proud to hear that you liked these elements that contribute to our identity. We highly appreciate your compliments and it is also great to hear you were impressed with your culinary moments as well as our service culture.

It will be our pleasure to share your kind feedback with our service team, and we are grateful of your praises. We hope to see again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Its in a great area with a busy and bubbly night life, the staff are very friendly. Adrien was so helpfull and nice with us, the food was great all round perfect....gym spa pool .if you want to visit floating market just see with reception . Just one advice for taxi in Bangkok always ask for meter it will cost you cheaper.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I booked the Vista Executive room which included happy hour drinks and canapes from 5.30 - 7.30 as well as breakfast.

Overall, I was very impressed. The staff, from check in, to room service, to restaurant staff to doormen were really friendly and helpful. All the staff I met spoke good English so no communication difficulties at all.

The room was really nice - everything you could want and the bathroom was lovely. Only small complaint:the bed cover had a couple of holes in it.

There was a very big choice for breakfast both Western and Asian.

I'd recommend this place and would probably stay here again next time I was in Bangkok. I paid approx 100 GBP per night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am a big Starwood fan and my loyalty to Starwood has had me try all the Starwood hotels in Bangkok. In my opinion the Le Meridien Bangkok offers the best combination of Form and function as well as location of any of the other hotels.

The Hotel remembers past guests and welcomed me back with a cool drink upon check in. My room was lovely with a most comfortable bed. The sheets were cool, clean and ironed and the bed had no lumps or dips....which is sometimes problematic in Asia. The design of the room is clean modern and was spacious enough for three people if need be. Maid service left my room spotless everyday replacing soaps and towels as needed. Turndown at night was also a nice touch....and very spoiling. Staff at the Bamboo bar were excellent remembering my drink choices each evening and chatting me up, very friendly staff.

By my second day people were referring to me by name and everyone was smiling. This hotel does not have the scared employees of poor management but friendly helpful employees who genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs. In speaking with them, this appeared to be the case and I like places with a "good feeling" and Le Meridien definitely has this.

The Gym and Spa are modern and new and the pool is small but more than adequate for a city hotel. Breakfast in the morning had EVERYTHING.....even a yogurt bar with both frozen and fresh types with various fruits etc. If I have one complaint, it would be that their melons were bland and flavourless, but perhaps it was not melon season? My eggs were cooked perfectly and my special requests for a fresh coconut every morning were met, no problem. Coffee and tea were made individually and not from one big pot.....which is important as it was always fresh.

This hotel is a 5 minute walk from the BTS skytrain. There are 5 foot massage places within two blocks....$10 one hour!!!! It has hundreds of restaurants in close proximity. It has the crazy patpong night bazaar close by as well as being a 5 minute taxi ride from the river. Our taxi to the Royal palace took 15 minutes. Keep in mind that Traffic in Bangkok is quite bad....so the ability to step right out the door and be in the center of things makes this hotel great. Coupled with Service and value as well as kind staff, this is my choice for Bangkok hotels. You cannot go wrong here! I will return again and again.

Safe travels to all! NYC

Room Tip: some rooms look out over Hualonpong temple and it is beautiful to wake up to.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We just spent 3 nights a Le Meridien in Bangkok and totally enjoyed our stay. We upgraded our stay to the Starwood Perferred Guest which gave us a bigger room, two hours of unlimited drinks from 5:30 to 7:30 with appetizers included, and a fantastic breakfast. We were back in Bangkok after 20 years and the concierge service was great. The hotel is right near the sky train and subway; both are air conditioned. Bangkok was 97 degrees but felt like 107 so we only toured about 4-5 hours each day. It was so nice to return to the hotel in time for the happy hour and chat with other guests. The bell hop was great in getting us a taxi service that went on the meter and when we suggested that we take a taxi that was off meter he advised against it. Great service, well located, great amenities.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple