“Best SPG Value in Bangkok”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best SPG Value in Bangkok”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Was able to snag a room for about $110 USD on my trip to Bangkok. As an SPG Platinum, I got upgraded to a suite for my entire stay. Additionally, Plats get free breakfast, and the breakfast at this property is one of the best I have ever been offered at a Starwood property.

Highly recommended.

Only downside is that it is near Patapong and it can get a little crazy in the area at night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Penang, Malaysia.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I can't resist to write a review after experiencing this great hotel. To start with, being a SPG platinum member, this is not my first time staying in this hotel. Upon my arrival at 2.00pm, I found that my room is not ready during that time, understand that they are running full during Songkran, and being a plat member. I do understand that some of the plat guest is using the privilege of late check out to its full extent. However, the check in staff, I forgot the name (feel bad) , make us feel at ease by offering complimentary drinks and yogurt to ensure we are well taken care off while waiting our room to be clean. He even went to personally check the room after clean to ensure it is in the top condition. I believe not one or two but most of the team are well trained at LM.
During the stay,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I really just want to say thanks to the staff here! In general they are very helpful and knowledgeable of the area, but in particular I was an idiot and left my wallet in a taxi, but had taken a business card which was in my wallet. The driver called Le Meridien and they helped arrange for him to drop it off. I was relieved and supremely thankful to all those involved.
They hotel itself is great but the service is outstanding!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived Bangkok at old airport, finding this hotel is easy. I just said to the taxi driver Patpong area (frankly speaking the driver couldn't understand English). Paid only USD 11.
Check in process was fast, the reception was very helpful. She knew that I'm coming for the 1st time to this city and she helped me to find SIM card which support my iPhone and Blackberry. Room was spacious, but my highlight is the bed, very comfortable! First night had dinner at Latest Recipe. The food was great, Asian tasty. Can't complain, the staffs were friendly. They have free wifi (with password) for 3 hours and only covered in public area, they said. But if you are lucky, it's also covered into your room as mine . Whenever I would like to go out, the bellman always make sure I went out safe, so I wouldn't lost in this city.
Overall, we were enjoying 2 nights of our stay. Will definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed April 2014
LeMeridienBangkok, General Manager at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We are so pleased to hear that our team have been able to create a fantastic start for your first journey in Bangkok.

It is great to hear you were impressed with our signature bed, culinary moment and our service culture. Creating our guests stay more pleasurable by assisting them in any queries and giving advice is one of our team’s top priorities. We are pleased that you were able to experience this first hand.

All our team at Le Méridien Bangkok will be thrilled to hear your comments and positive feedback. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Best Regards,

Christian Humbert
Singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The moment you step into the hotel, you could feel like the ambience and environment is so conducive. Room is spacious and bed is very comfortable.

A stone throw away from Patpong and can get food easily.

Lots of ATM nearby and very safe to walk around in the night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vinsyeo
Bath
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel and service, food was very good. Book a room on the SPG floors and you get free soft drinks, afternoon tea, canes and happy hour with free alcoholic drinks in a lovely quiet lounge on the 26th floor. Brilliant and relaxing. Definitely recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Service is perfect. It's makes me curious how come every single staff is so attentive. I asked for directions to nearby clothes alteration service and the service crew (Mr Born) volunteered to made a call to a nearby tailor. It turns out to be a FREE alternation service due to good relation with the hotel. He prompted called a cab for me to the tailor. I did the measurements in 5mins and clothes were delivered to hotel the next day (everything for free!). Of cause you better give some tips to the tailor. He also recommended places for dining, which all turns out to be so good.

Daily breakfast was good as well. They even serve Japanese meals.

Rooms were beautiful.

The best hotel I've stayed in Thailand so far.

• Stayed April 2014