“Wow, These People Know Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Bangkok

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Wow, These People Know Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've just returned home after spending 5 nights at Le Meridien, Bangkok. Arrived at CDG Paris at about 7am, and then took the airport train, and BTS into the city, with luggage (not a good idea during peak hour). I rocked up to the hotel at about 09:00am, and asked them whether it would be possible to store my bags until check in later that day, and they let me have a room straight away. Everyone was super efficient, super friendly, super courteous, from the luggage people, the door staff, the reception staff, the breakfast staff/hosts, the room cleaners, the Concierge. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The hotel bars were an excellent retreat after curfew, or if one didn't want to go out too long at night, (just in case). They make you feel very special, particularly if you are not used to staying in environments such as this hotel, where service is the absolute key. The breakfast buffet as stated elsewhere is absolutely legendary, and absolutely amazing. An endless array of choices for the vegetarian, vegan, carnivore, grazer, it was fantastic. Having just got off the plane, i'm starting a budget for my next trip, and I know where I'll be staying. I now wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Bangkok. Thanks Le Meridien. Your people are amazing. PS. All of this exemplary service was taking place during martial law/coup and the hotel was providing regular written updates and safety warnings, and some TV stations (Channel News Asia) were still able to broadcast, and there was a newspaper delivery every day. Again, an amazing place, with wonderful people. I felt safe and welcome every minute I was in this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The quality of the service is great at this hotel, conveniently located near a BTS Skytrain station within short walking distance, with quality amenities and helpful staff.

The breakfast buffet offers a wide range of options, enough to suit every tastebud. The complementary evening cocktails and capes is well worth due to the wide variety of liqueurs available and unlimited during the happy hour.

The location is one point that, for me, detracted from the allure and value of this hotel, being very closely location near the Patpong district, which can make it slightly unsettling for tourists at night. If you are staying in this hotel for the location and proximity to Patpong, then this is a bonus for you. Otherwise, it is a negative. I ended up staying within the hotel after dark to avoid all those Thai sellers on the streets near Patpong, trying to sell you their wares and "services".

The Patpong night markets, which we visited on the first night of our stay gave me a terrible impression of the Thai markets - pushy, aggressive, low quality wares and all within the same limits of designer knockoff bags, watches, jewelry and you name it. However, after visiting other markets in Bangkok, I realised that the Patpong markets is a unique and one of the worst markets of Patpong, catering purely just for the tourists that flock to the Patpong and thus is highly overpriced and overly aggressive.

Although I enjoyed my stay at the Le Meridien Bangkok, I would most likely not stay at the Bangkok location again, simply due to its proximity to Patpong. I would now however consider visiting another hotel within the Le Meridien chain.

Room Tip: Request a room high up - we stayed on the 24th floor and we couldn't hear any of the loud noises...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Check in on 22 May for 1N
I ask to use the lounge and was quoted 6000 Baht/night inclusive of breakfast, but at check out I was quoted 1000B extra.

For the hotel limousine to airport, I have my Thai guest who happens to live along the way to the airport. The driver refuse to make a short turn in (less than 1 km) from the planned route to my guest home and was rude to my guest by telling him in Thai that the limousine is not a taxi service for him.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Louis L
Renee_Benedetti, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Louis L,

Thank you for sharing feedback with us and rest assured that the difficulty you faced is now being investigated.

It would be most helpful for us to further review if you could kindly share your name or, if not, the number of the room you occupied. I would be very happy to communicate further with you, should you wish to provide me with more specifics of your disappointments and I can be reached at renee.benedetti@lemeridien.com

We appreciate your concerns and value your patronage to the brand.

With kind regards,
Renee Benedetti
Director – Sales+Marketing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Everytime I go to Bangkok I stay at le Méridien. The Breakfast is huge with the best choice. The rooms are big and very clean with a immense window. The staff so friendly always recognises us. I recommand it to new Travellers to Bkk and will go back there pretty soon

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Staff is warm, friendly and very much service-oriented in its approach. That goes for everybody, whether it is the doorman, the receptionist or the ladies serving in the bar. Cool place to stay in a vibrant part of town providing for great comfort and cosy ambiance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This my first time at le Meridien. And I was very pleased. Breakfast is awesome. And since it is located just in front of Bangkok's famous patpone street, people who enjoy nightlife will love this hotel. And the most awesome part for me is that our head office is only 5 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Thanks to the excellent service from your staff. I would recommend anyone wanting to enjoy a great week at a beautiful hotel. Your staff made it hard to want to ever leave the hotel.
My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights. We really enjoyed this hotel. Food was good at all of the restaurants. Our room was nice. Great view. Room was well stocked and anything we needed was attended quickly. Service was excellent from the time we arrived to the time we left.
We hope we can return to Bangkok soon to continue enjoying the great service and your beautiful country.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Renee_Benedetti, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear pablo111,

We would like to thank you for choosing Le Méridien Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your compliments with us.

I am happy to hear that through our hotel, service, food + beverage and room facilities you and your wife enjoyed your vacation.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another inspiring Thai experience.

With kind regards,