“Friendly and Professional... and the most comfortable bed”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 July 2014

First discoved this brand in Shanghai many years ago and always use when I'm in Bangkok. Staff are friendly without being intrusive and helpful when I need something.

They also offer round/circular beds on the top few floors which are really comfortable for those of us who move around all night. Wish I had one at home!!

Room Tip: Go for the circular bed!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is my 11th stayed in the hotel, but I never wrote any review on tripadvisor. This time I want to recommand this hotel. This hotel open on 2009, Room still kept in good condition. The location is the biggest problem. It`s in a very special area, surowong road. Famous for night market. go go bar, boy town, Night club like DJ station, a short walk to BTS sala daeng(5~10mins). If you are for working or family, maybe you can consider siam area, or riverside hotel. But if you are on holiday, friends, couples, party goer, this will be a perfact place.
You don`t need to bargain with the taxi drive in 3am, when you so exhuasted from DJ station, you can just walk home and have a hot bath.

Room is nice and clear, standard five stars hotel

The pool is not big and no view, small gym, But spa in good price for five stars standard.
This hotel is very generous for SPG platinum member, usually you will get a corner suite(maybe also because I stayed 11th).free breakfast for two(you don`t need use your 500 point welcome gift for exchanged) The don`t have club lounge, so you will have breakfast at the main restaurant: latest recipt, le meridien is famous for it`s breakfast, they have fresh coconut juice , Also you will have creative chic hour at bamboo bar for 2 huors(happy hour). I know many hotel in BKK have club lounge and serve many fine food. But this one in my favorite happy hour. There are thee fabulous creative girl bartender, I like to call them Charle`s angle.they enjoy their job so much,they like to chat with guest who sit around the bar. and keep privacy for those sit in the table. Although the canepe is not so good. But the angles make the happy hour really happy. if you come to this hotel in the evening, try to sit around the bar and have some drink.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taipeitongue
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Le Meridian Bangkok is always my first choice of hotel whenever I visiting Bangkok. As usual I Feel so warm welcome when I checking into this hotel. Greeted by door man, concierge and front desk upon arrival.
During my stay I had encountered some problem with my Call card. And the concierge Mr Kok was so helpful and patience. He had helped us to Call the Telco company and helped to get my phone fixed.
Only challenge I have was the free wifi at the lobby. Make sure you stand near to the lift in order to get connected to the free wifi.
Overall I had a great stay again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank patpat21
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My room and view of the city were beyond all expectations! The service for breakfast in the dining room could not have been any better. Getting a cab from the front door was very easy & it's very inexpensive to get around this city in a taxi! Overall very happy! A+++

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MM27APR20154
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed for 2 nights and the service I received was first class. All of the staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel is well located and is within walking distance to the sky train. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Renee_Benedetti, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Ken B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our high level of service and quality that we pride ourselves in delivering in addition to our convenient location.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

As I was coincidentally booked at another property of Starwoods' hence I booked this hotel for my parents.
Since I'm platinum I got upgraded to the junior suite which allowed my parents to stay in comfort and opulence. I wasn't able to attend to my parents all day but I left them in the care of a fellow Singaporean Ms.Cassandra Wee at the Front Desk. This is a signature of Le Meridien that they have staff from around the world working in their ranks so in this case, she was of great assistance and took really good care of my parents. When my parents checked out, there was a charger they left behind which Cassandra promptly emailed me to offer to send back to my home address. This is truly beyond all expectations!

Some small little tweaks to leap the hotel from great to greatest:
The coffee machine in the room, however, may require regular maintenance as the water was stale and the inside of the machine wasn't too well maintained. It's a small matter, anyway. A service staff came and helped my parents flush the machine but this wasn't her fault in any way.

Food would need a bit of improvement as my parents (who're fairly easy to please) felt there was a lack of variety and the way the food was kept made it less palatable than it should be.
Maybe more a la minute choices would help.

Aside from the small things, it was an overall great experience for my parents who've never been better taken care of in other hotels/properties.
A hotel that treats me well will get my business, but you take care of my family you have my loyalty.

See you soon, Le Meridien Bkk!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear J W,

As our valued guest and SPG member, we appreciate your feedback and are very glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

At Le Méridien Bangkok, we pride ourselves in delivering our guests personalized services and so pleased to read of your experience with our service team. It certainly is our aim to go above and beyond. I look forward to sharing your comments with Cassandra Wee.
Your constructive feedback is most appreciated and we will share with the department leaders for follow up. If you have more specific details of the dining experience or suggestions that you would like to share I can be reached at renee.benedetti@lemeridien.com

Your loyalty is very important to us so when you do return to Le Méridien Bangkok please let us know, as we will be very happy to ensure another memorable stay.

With best regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed again at the hotel a week ago. Staff remain superbly friendly and helpful, often going the extra mile for guests ( a concierge took me down the street to point out a particular shop). Bedrooms are beautifully designed, spacious and extremely comfortable. It goes without staying they are also impeccably clean. I always use the fitness centre, which is large and well appointed, and the pool when I stay. I had breakfast and lunch at the hotel, at Latest Recipe. Both featured extensive buffets and were good value. My only niggle? - the cost of internet access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on Surawong side - great for people watching
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear PhineasFogg54,

Many thanks for your great review! It is absolutely great that you enjoyed your stay with us at Le Méridien Bangkok once again.

We are happy to read that you had such a great experience with us. Especially we are grateful for your kind acknowledgment of our associates and services – we will forward your feedback with pleasure!

Thank you again for your kind patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards,