“Well managed urban hotel”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Frankfurt, Germany
“Well managed urban hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend in Bangkok at the Le Medridien. A very well managed and friendly hotel. Loved the interior design and urban chic. It has a very light, uncomplicated luxury to it which just feels great the moment you enter the lobby. We had a beautiful corner room with stunning views on the city.

Breakfast space is very nicely done while the selection and quality of food could be a little better. On the other hand it is relatively well priced with only around 20 USD.

Gym and pool area are nicely done especially given this is more a city hotel. All kind of amenities, night life and shopping are nearby. Short cab drive to sukhumvit area only.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

As a frequent user of this hotel, I am pleased to say that my expectations in relation to service and customer satisfaction continue to be met. Firstly, the close proximity of the hotel to night markets and the sky train is ideal. Ok, the actual location and views may not be to everyone's taste; u guess that is down to individual preference.

The hotel itself is absolutely stunning. Check-in what prompt; that is what I would expect from a hotel of this standard. Whilst processing my details,we were provided with a beautiful iced yoghurt drink; really tasty indeed.

As I contacted the hotel in advance, I made a request to be allocated a room on a high floor and away from any noise; request granted!

During our stay, we visited the restaurant for both breakfast and evening dinner. Here, the choices on offer would be enough to satisfy the most fussy person. Whilst not the cheapest, I was reassured that the quality of the food would be without question and this was the case.

Our room was both clean and spacious. The daily room servicing was faultless, the walk in shower fantastic and the overall impression was relaxing. The comfort level of the bed/bedding was exceptional.

During our stay we visited the pool over four days. Again, the attending staff were close by to address any issues. During out stay, the pool was not that busy. However, it did offer the chance to relax and cool down; absolute tranquility in the centre of Bangkok!!! Again, the cool towels and aroma sprays were a really nice touch.

You may also want to check out the coffee bar on the ground floor; the coffee here was just exceptional.

Finally, I would like to commend both the front office manager and general manager for their kind attention; this is what makes all the difference to the customer experience.

Without hesitation, I would recommend this hotel, even if just for an overnight stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Christopher K
Renee_Benedetti, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Christopher K,

Thank you very much for returning to Le Méridien Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok.

We greatly appreciate your positive comments as it is always gratifying to receive such feedback from our regular guests. We are delighted to know that you were pleased with the service, facilities and location of our hotel.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind compliments with our service team, and we are grateful of your praises. We hope to see you again soon.

Director – Sales + Marketing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I chose Le Meridien because I had good experience with this property in my previous trips to Bangkok. I was duly impressed again this trip. The staff were very attentive and courteous. Check-in was brisk and effiecient. The room was very well maintained and the bed extremely comfortable. There were bottled waters provided for free.

Wifi was free in the lobby and levels 1-6. However, I could get wifi in the room on and off as well.

The location is excellent as it is near Silom and Patpong, where there are endless opportunities for food and shopping. It is also about 5 minutes' walk from the BTS station, hence making it very convenient to get around to other parts of Bangkok.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank hotspot78
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had a wonderful stay in this hotel. Although my stay this trip was only for a day, I loved the service and cleanliness of the room. The standard has been the same since my last visit at the end of Y2013. Will definitely stay in this hotel if I am back in Bangkok

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AChew2014
Renee_Benedetti, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear AChew,

On behalf of the entire team we thank you for returning to our hotel and for taking the time to share your wonderful stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy the high service and quality levels that we pride ourselves in delivering.

We will definitely share your inspiring compliments with our service team. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit soon.

Director – Sales + Marketing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Last week my husband and I took a few days away from the kids and returned to one of our favourite places, Bangkok. When he told me we were staying at Le Meridien I was not too fussed but I must say that the hotel far exceeded my expectations. The facilities are beautiful, the service impeccable, the location exciting and I cant stop raving about the spa! The staff where so fantastic in satisfying our every whim even greeting us at the door with fresh towels after being caught in the rain. I highly recommend everyone asking for Natee as he was more than willing to volunteer information and suggest out of the way places to visit. Personally, he is definitely one of the reasons I would return to Le Meridien in a heart beat.
Unless you want to discuss the spa.....aaahhhhh, just perfect. After some convincing from my lovely spouse I finally agreed to spend the afternoon with some well deserved pampering. The body and facial package seemed to do the trick. Lathered in lavender oil, my masseuse used a combination of Thai and Balinese massage to knead out those tight spots. It was wonderful. However, the best was yet to come with a comprehensive facial using the best of Italian products. After my treatment, my skin was revived and I was refreshed, floating on air, ready for the flight home. All in all, best treatment I have ever had. I just can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cazart06
Renee_Benedetti, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Cazart06,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Le Méridien Bangkok. We are so glad to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and that we could turn your stay into something special!

It is wonderful to know you were impressed with our service culture and that our team member “Natee” was able to assist you in a very helpful way – we will definitely share your comment with the team.

Moreover, we are delighted to know that you were pleased with our SPA services and treatments which have been all carefully studied to deliver inspired treatments to our guests.
Thank you again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

With kind regards,
Director - Sales+Marketing
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great hotel experience! This hotel truly deserves all the good reviews here, and on booking (dot) com.

Firstly, service is impeccable.. they treat you like kings and queens! Room is modern, clean and luxurious. Location is fab, 5mins walk only to the nearest subway and 10mins to the sky train - fyi though, the nearby patpong is a red light district so practice caution esp when walking in the evening.

Some advises for Bangkok newbies: don't trust just anybody, esp. strangers walking on the streets. So many touts omg! Avoid using tuk tuk they charge exorbitant price for foreign travelers. Use metered taxi/mrt/sky train/river ferry instead. Don't trust ANYBODY around the grand palace unless they are in the government/military uniform. I know this sounds bad, but it's just the way it is in Bangkok. Just practice caution, listen to the hotelier's advices and you'll be fine.

Oh, the Chatuchak weekend market is totally unmissable!

Enjoy your trip! We loved Bangkok and can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank primarosa
Dear primarosa,

A sincere thank you for selecting our hotel and for taking the time to detail your cultural experience. We are happy that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay with us at Le Méridien Bangkok.

It brings us much joy to hear that you were impressed with the hotel design, location and that our team have been able to exceed your expectations.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

Director - Sales+Marketing
Las Cruces, NM
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

After reading the great reviews, I was looking forward to staying at this hotel, but was extremely disappointed. It began at check-in. The person that checked me in seemed preoccupied, she did not recognized the Crossover Rewards program with Delta airlines and I was not offered a room upgrade. Had to wait for room over two hours in very uncomfortably lobby chair. Was not offered a during this wait.

The room was not what I would expect from a Le Meridien hotel. There was not a hotel book to explain the hotel, but brochures scattered throughout the room. There was only one small drawer
in the closet, so unable to unpack. The wall were plain white, only one small picture in the bathroom. The lighting by sink was poor. Only had lights on left side of mirror. The towels were thin and seemed of poor quality The soap tray in shower was full of crud. Poor water pressure in shower. TV reception was poor on some channels, such as the DW station.

I had booked an Executive Deluxe room and was disappoint to find that there was no club lounge. The hotel did offer free drinks in the hotel bar with canapés. The canapés consisted of a tray with three small dishes on it. One dish had one shrimp in it, the second had a small piece of unknown meat and the third had some sort of pastry, that was it for canapés. Being a bar the music was loud and it was dark.

At breakfast the staff did not clear a table of dirty dishes next to me the whole time I was there. They also did not clear used dishes from my table. The table did not have a table cloth of placemats. Silverware was place on the bare table. If one ordered coffee you did receive a pot, but by the time one wanted a refill the coffee was cold..

Had to wait over five minutes to check-out and was told the whole bill was due. I had prepaid months ago and this was a shock. It was resolved.

There are so many other really good hotels in Bangkok, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ChuckSLasCruces_NM
Christian H, General Manager at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear chuckLC,

Thank you for sharing your feelings and experience with us. We understand your frustrations with the check-in process and sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience.

We have investigated with our service team and learnt that you arrived at hotel around 10 am and did request for an upgraded room which was not available at the time of check-in.

We also feel sorry for not having been able to comfort you completely with our interior design. However, we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experiences with us. Be assured that your remarks are being discussed by the one responsible and that they are being taken very serious as we wish to create an enjoyable and exciting stay for each of our guests.

I do hope that after this explanation, you will reconsider your decision and return to the Le Méridien Bangkok. Should you decide to stay with us in the future, please contact my office directly and I will make sure that you will be taken care of.

Thank you once again for your valuable and constructive feedback that allows us to improve our service and be aware of those areas which need further & immediate improvements.

With best regards,