3,989 results
All reviewsle meridienlatest recipepatpong night marketround bedchic barcircular bedsurawong roadilly coffeespg platinumthe red light districtbamboo barcorner roompat pongbreakfast buffetsliding doorsilom areasala daeng
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I normally stay in hotels recommended only by trusted friends - so booking the new Le Meridien online site unseen was a rare switch - and with a good result. Le Meridien is a Starwood Property, so you are going to get a property with some edge, as well as fine service. The service here is excellent - especially the concierge desk, who are maestro's at solving all problems large and small if you need to get stuff done in a hurry. The hotel and rooms are very clean, and I was pleased they had European Duvets. I needed 2 days in Bangkok to organize a trip to Myanmar, and the experience was so good, I booked back in on my return. The breakfast is excellent - and a great airy space.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We traveled around SE Asia for a month in August, and LOVED the Le Meridien in Bangkok (stayed there 2x during our travels). Apparently, it has the same owners as the Le Meridien in Chiang Mai (we stayed at that one too).

We were told that the Bangkok LM was named the asian flagship hotel - and can see why. Almost everything is brand new, and very modern. The food/drinks are great (2nd floor), and the service is excellent. Room service menu is decent. The concierge guys are "in the know", and have a great understanding of the city landscape - we wanted a brass wok (difficult to find) and they found a place for us!!

Centrally located - down the street there is a famous (meaning, it's been there a long time, with a lot of locals) Chinese restaurant named Sampoon (or something like it - there's a large red crab on the sign)...and also within walking distance to the only United ticket agency (the one at the airport is sporadically open - critical if you get stuck). I highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation to return.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying with Le Méridien Bangkok during your visit to Bangkok. It brings us much joy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your compliments.

The contemporary design and settings have all been carefully studied to offer a new perspective and to inspire our guests during their stay. To hear that you enjoyed these elements brings us a great pride.

Creating our guests stay more pleasurable by assisting them in any queries and giving advice is one of our team’s top priorities.

It will be our pleasure to share your kind compliments with our service team, and we are grateful of your praises. We hope to see again soon.

With Kind Regards,

Nick Zilinski
Director – Sales + Marketing
Le Méridien Bangkok

Reviewed 24 January 2010

The hotel is very close to Night-attractions and public transportations like Skytrain; Lumphini Park is just a 5 mins walk away . No hidden costs!
The staff are well-trained and friendly.
They always make it a point their Guests feel comfortable as it should be.
Breakfast Buffet is plenty with very good quality, fresh and tasty.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We stayed at Le Meriden Bangkok for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon, prior to leaving for Koh Samui. I chose this hotel as I wanted to something in a central location and clean/modern.

Modern it certainly is, very chic, contemporary and ultra stylish. A lot of though has been put into the furniture and style of the place.

Location is right on the doorstep of Patpong. Now not to everyone's taste and I would certainly not recommend for anyone with young children. For us it was fine, it was amusing walking through Patpong after a day out (you have to walk through it going/coming from the BTS Skytrain which is 5-7 mins walk from the hotel). There are plenty of food and beverage options near the hotel, nice to have the choice.

I've read other reviews complaining about the service. To be honest we really only used the hotel as somewhere to sleep as we were out all day long and never once ate dinner there (breakfast only once and experienced no really issues). However something which I will praise was the fact that we were allowed to check in upon arrival at 10.30AM. I had booked an airport pickup and had check at this time whether we would be allowed to check in. I was told that we would be charged half a day for checking in so early. However when we arrived we were told our room was ready and we could check-in right away, no extra charge. Very nice after an overnight flight.

Also they allowed free printing of documents (up to 5 pages - perfect for our boarding passes after checking into our next flight on-line - although the internet access was a little steep).

All the staff we came across were polite, the doorman was useful for getting you a cab and negotiating a price for you. The concierge very useful in explaining what to do and see.

The room was a basic room, but very spacious, nice fixtures and fittings, great bathroom with separate shower and bath. Everything you would expect. The bed and the pillows were some of the most comfortable I have every experienced!

The pool area was a bit of a joke for such as large hotel, however it did not both us as we were really there to see the sights of Bangkok, and the 2nd part of our trip to Koh Samui would be for R&R by the pool/beach.

In summary, we had a pleasant stay, the Le Meriden served our purpose well.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigbaldbaby
Reviewed 22 January 2010

This is a nice , funky hotel in a very central location in Bangkok. I would say more for young couples, singles than families.
I loved the proximity to the sky train.
The lunch buffet is nice, but a bit on the expensive side for Bangkok.
All in all I loved this hotel very much

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your compliments with us.
Le Méridien Bangkok has indeed a unique design and ambiance. We are very proud to hear that you liked these elements that contribute to our identity.
When you do decide to return to Le Méridien Bangkok please let us know, as we will be very happy to oversee a reservation for you.

With Kind Regards,