“You will "NOT" be disappointed.”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Myself and my wife only had the pleasure of staying at the meridien for one night as a stopover on our way home, but am sorry i didn't book this hotel for when we arrived to Bangkok and had more time.
It really is a modern, trendy, cool hotel that is most definitely keeping up with the times we live in today.
Small things in the rooms like the smart controls beside each locker so you can wind up and down the night blinds AND separate day blinds by control, all the main lights and the air-con, also some people might not notice this but we brought our own laptop and they even have a separate plug in point for plugging your laptop into beside the bed so you can watch any downloaded movies or whatever straight to TV, never seen this in other hotels.
The bathroom is very cool with sliding door opening the bath into the room if you wanted (not sure why you would want to do this exactly..but it's a nice touch), nice shower, in general a very nice room to stay in with all the mod-cons.
Location is good just beside patpong market (a must see for all first timers, just keep an open mind when walking around)
The hotel lobby is again very modern with big murals of faces etched into the glass.

Restaurant here is very expensive and was very quiet, i guess being in the centre of Bangkok allot of people opted for eating out as did we, cheaper+ more choice i suppose and i would recommend doing the same, not much need to be wasting money like that if didn't need to.

Staff are very attentive and really will do anything to help you if they can,

I can 100% recommend this hotel, and i have been around the world over the years and stayed in all kinds of places amazing, good and also bad.

This one is a big winner in my books you will not be disappointed.

Happy holidays.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Le Méridien Bangkok. We truly appreciate your feedback and we are so glad to learn that you had an inspired stay.

Many details and thoughts have gone in to increase the experience of our guest stays.
We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the high service and quality levels that we pride ourselves in delivering.

All our team at Le Méridien Bangkok will be thrilled to hear your comments and positive feedback.

With all our very best wishes,

Nick Zilinski
Director – Sales + Marketing
Le Méridien Bangkok

Reviewed 15 April 2010

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at especially based on the very reasonable rate we paid. The concierge was incredible in their assistance with planning our trips, massage, restaurants, and anything else that was asked of them. We were greeted with smiles and hellos the second we got there and didn't stop for our entire stay. The personnel at the front desk were very nice and helpful as well. We used the fitness center a few nights and it was a very nice gym. The pool was also extremely well presented and very nice. Free internet (on Apple computers to boot!) which came in handy. Rooms were very modern and comfortable. Only minor con is that the food was pretty pricey, but that was completely expected of a Starwood hotel. Definitely a great hotel and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Is the second time I choose this lovely hotel to stay in bang kok.
After crossing the lobby you feel the peace and confort of this company.
Apart form being a great place to stay , the best is the friendly and helpfull staff , specialliy ISRAPONG from concierge dept, that was very patient and helpfull with me.
Next visits to Bang kok I,ll be back home in Royal Meridiem .
Sawadija. kopcunhat.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Stayed at the Le Meridien in Bangkok based solely on TA reviews and was not dissapointed. The front desk, restaurant and concierge service were all excellent. From a location standpoint, I didnt think twice about it being a few yards form the night Patpong market, not a issue one way or the other...

I stayed in one of the "Cicular Rooms" on the 22nd floor.. while the circular room itself wasnt all that different form a regular room ( except for the bed I think).. we got free breakfast in Latest recipe and free drinks from 5:30-7:30 in Bamboo Chic and for what I paid in the room difference was WELL worth it.. book that deal if you can. The food at LR was excellent every morning.. Im not much for hotel food and prefer to "go local", but it was so good the first day we thought " why go anywhere else"..

Also got a 2-1 spa credit with the circlular room. The SPA is beautiful, and the massages my girlfriend and I got were excellent. Yes, you can go get cheaper massages all over Bangkok, but these were well worth it with the 2-1. The GYM facitilies are the nicest Ive seen at any hotel property..period.

Pool is small but good for a cool dip if you want.

I will say that for being a 1 year old property that some of the finishes in the bath's and pool were aleady starting to show some wear and tear..Hopefully they will stay on top of that as this is def a great place to stay in BKK in my opinion !

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Bangkok, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed all the elements of the Hotel and that our service team was able to assist you in a helpful way.

When you do decide to return to Le Méridien Bangkok please let us know, as we will be very happy to oversee a reservation for you.

With all our very best wishes,

Nick Zilinski
Director – Sales + Marketing
Le Méridien Bangkok

Reviewed 6 April 2010

From the moment you exit the taxi from the airport and walk through the front doors-opened for you by the ever attentive staff, you are enter e peaceful world away from the noise and congestion just outside the entrance. Hotel is modern and has a trendy/chic design with equally cool furniture. Concierge and front desk staff are always smiling, helpful and ensure they do everything they can to take care of you-ALL THE TIME.

Rooms were spacious and had everything you could ask for in terms of toiletries-if you forgot anything, robe, slippers, closet/drawer space, desk, couch-all were nice. The King sized bed with fantastic pillows was very very comfortable. View was great from the 15th and 18th floors were I stayed-too bad Bangkok is not the most visually pleasing city when it comes to architecture(aside form the temples of course). Minibar was nice although expensive-run across the street to a 7-11 and get what you need. There were five(5) bottles of water provided for your room each day-nice touch in country were tap water may be sketchy sometimes. Cleanliness was top notch and if you needed an extra towel, soap or something you can just ask the staff and they would hand it to you from their housekeeping cart.

The hotel is across the street and a couple hundred feet from the Patpong entertainment area of Bangkok. Night market every day and all the beer bars and other establishments the Bangkok is (in)famous for. If you get tired of it, other areas-Sukhomvit, Nana, Soi Cowboy are 50-90 Baht taxi ride away depending on traffic which could be horrible at any time of the day. Suan Lam night Bazzar can be walked to(less than 2km) but again 50-70 Baht for a taxi is nothing really. Skytrain is a 5 minute walk away but really you are saving pennies compared to the already cheap taxis. There is a Starbucks a couple of blocks to the east of the hotel-just as expensive as anywhere else. Little restaurants and shops and food vendors everywhere-you can get whatever you want in Bangkok. Pool, spa and fitness areas were amazing. Staff were very attentive and always polite.

Really liked the hotel location-although taxi drivers sometimes had trouble finding it as it is only a year old. Tell them Surawong-Patpong 1. Once you get close you can tell them it's just up there on the left/right side. Close to the action of Patpong and not too far from other areas of interest. Loved the washrooms in public areas-pool, lobby, restaurant-the design and tile detail were amazing. Hotel staff were the best-Hiru, one of the mangers, was top notch and took time to speak with myself and my friend about our stay. Both stints we were able to have rooms on high floors next door to one another. Not complicated but not every hotel could accommodate a simple request like that. Loved the decor, furniture, lighting-just me but I thought it was tres cool. No real complaints except I could not stay longer. If I can return to Bangkok I will guarantee that I will stay at Le Meridien Bangkok.

When presented with my bill for breakfast and bar upon check out I had the option of paying in Canadian Dollars or Thai Baht-paid in 'my' currency so I know what it costs without the credit card company giving me poor exchange rate plus service charge for foreign transaction-great option.

Tip-book online through some travel website-you will get a better rate than the front desk or even the hotel website can give you.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Even when I travel a lot, this was one of the best hotel experiences I ever had: The staff was great and did a perfect job: They took care of everything and even small details were done perfectly. The hotel is nicely designed and has a really nice atmosphere. This hotel is my first choice for bangkok, you can choose it without any doubts!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We had a lovely stay at the Le Meridien Bangkok, the staff were very helpful and attentive recommending some great trips and restaurants along the Surawong Road, this was particularly helpful in helping us to get our bearings when we first arrived. Great location and in particular close proximity to the bargainus night market. The room was immaculately clean and we had a great view, I’d love to go back next time I’m in Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends