“very easy to buy and reserve the ticket. Very competitive price too.”
Review of TakeMeTour

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TakeMeTour is the largest online marketplace for local tours & activities in Thailand. We connect foreign visitors with more than 15,000 genuine locals (a.k.a. local experts) who are ready to show you their country as you’ve never experienced it before, in 50 cities across Thailand. Whether this is your first visit to Thailand or you’re a frequent visitor, you’re sure to find a tour with one of our locals a memorable one. Browse & book more than 600 private & personal tours with local experts today!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

great show
Fantastic dinner.
Great and easy parking.
Good location, easy access by public transportation.
Friendly staff, only no camera is allowed.

All reviews
"tour guide"
in 9 reviews
"first hand experience"
in 2 reviews
"gave us lots of information"
"national park"
"local market"
"great pictures"
"bike ride"

Reviewed 11 June 2018

It's been almost 3 months since I was in Bangkok taking the riding around Bang Krachoa. The review here is just pop-in as I just got my hand-free from my busy works in Cambodia.

I did an awesome bike tour to Bang Krochao, a small island that some say it is green lung of Bangkok capital. It is a perfect way to escape the tourists and traffic pollution in its large city and experience the cycle in this relaxing island. Visitors would find it hard to get there without a local expert. I was lucky to have Mr. Thap as my riding companion and showed me plenty of things around the park.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip and would highly recommend other tourists to go if you want to escape the crowded path in Bangkok!

TakeMeTour, Manager at TakeMeTour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello butterfly t,

Thank you for sharing about your experience with us and we are glad that you got to explore a different side of Bangkok!

Bang Krachao is indeed the green lungs of Bangkok, filled with a lush green scenery, a sight that's different from the usual capital Bangkok, it is an oasis for those of us living in Bangkok.

We are also happy to hear that Mr Thap was able to answer to your needs and queries, as well as providing you with that unique experience during the tour, which made you thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip.

Should you visit Thailand in the future, we look forward to creating more enjoyable moments together with you and our local experts.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

I ended up having an extra day in Bangkok due to a cancelled meeting. I quickly did my research and settled on "Damnoen Sauak Floating Market & Maeklong Railway Market" tour with Mr. Sinchai A. ("Ben") on TakeMeTours. This is an all-inclusive tour which includes all meals, boat ride, transportation to/from Bangkok.

A quick note about TakeMeTours. They are a tour guide web portal. All their tours are organized by private tour guides. They provide an efficient and safe web portal for booking the tours. You can also communicate via the website with your guide.

Now back to the review of the tour. This is definitely a tour to take if you want to get outside of Bangkok. You get to see two very interesting markets. Most floating markets in Bangkok are only open on the weekend, the Damnoen Saduak floating market is open everyday. This allows you to see a floating market even if you don't have an extra weekend day.

Ben picked us up at our hotel on time (6:30 AM) and drove us for almost 2 hours. Due to the timing, we flipped our itinerary and went to the Maeklong market first. The market is smaller than I expected but nonetheless very fascinating. It was quite the experience to watch the vendors take down and put back up their stall as the train passed by. Ben knew exactly where to stand to take great pictures and was also able to describe all the seafood and veggies that were being sold at the market. Afterwards, he took us to a local restaurant for a very good dish of chicken and coconut rice. He also advice us to buy some of our souvenirs at Maeklong because it was going to be a lot cheaper than in Damnoen Saduak. Throughout the tour, Ben was able to provide great pricing advice on souvenirs.

We then drove to Damnoen Saduak. Right before we got there, he told us that he is going to pick a boat company that won't just stop at every store. He picked a boat company that was close to the market and we got a non-powered boat. At first, it was a bit odd given the number of powered longboats in the canals. However, I really enjoyed it. It was quiet and we got everywhere quickly. Our rower was definitely a champ! He took us to the coconut sugar farm where he personally showed us how the coconut syrup was harvested! We then had a boat noodle meal that was incredibly delicious.

This is more of a review about Ben than either market. Ben was a very knowledgeable tour guide. He was very attentive and his car was clean. He provided bottles of water and even towels for us to wipe down our face. Just as important, he knew all the clean toilets along the route and made sure we got to used them before we got to each market. He also offered to take us to places outside of the tour and was happy to personalize/customize the tour.

If you want to see two very different markets while in Bangkok, you cannot go wrong with Ben's tour. I highly recommend it!!

1  Thank SANsna
TakeMeTour, Manager at TakeMeTour, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hello SANsna,

Thank you for taking the time to write out this lengthy review, detailing about your entire experience with our Local Expert, Ben, and we are glad to hear that he has indeed made your trip extremely memorable.

We are extremely delighted to know that Ben was able to provide you with a personalized and unique experience, attend to your queries and needs, and also providing you with inside tips such as buying souvenirs at Maeklong, which we believe has also allowed you to immerse and experience our local culture and heritage first-hand. Ben is also one of our best local experts, and he is the representation of what our local experts should be and will be in the future.

When you visit Thailand in the future, we would love to create more unique memories together with you and our local experts. :)

Reviewed 7 May 2018

My biggest concern when booking this tour was my safety as I’m a female and I was travelling alone. I had just found out about Takemetour when I was doing extensive research regarding the best tours for solo travellers. I was sceptical of this website but after reading the Trust and Safety facts on the website I‘ve decided to give it a go.

Prayuth T. was my tour guide and he arrives earlier than expected, which was a good start. The tour went as planned. We went to the places as stated in the itinerary. It’s a one on one tour so I said to him we do not have to rush as I do not have any other plans for the day. Thus, the tour’s timing was really flexible and we actually stretched the time a little further. In the itinerary it says that the tour will end around 1300pm but we ended the tour around 1800pm! Nevertheless, I do not mind it, in fact I really appreciate it as he’s willing to spend his time with me. I am an inquisitive person so I do asks him a lot of questions along the tour. He answered patiently and tried his best to give me the answers. We actually had a nice conversation throughout the day and we exchanged lots knowledge and information regarding various topics such as culture, religion, entertainment, nature, etc. Now I know more about Thailand and about Thai people. Prayuth T. also cares about his customer as he kept on asking if I am hungry or wanted to eat or wanted to try something new. I can see that he’s giving his best to serve his clients. Prayuth T.’s FAQs were right, I did get more than I expected and he did surprises me. If I’m going to Thailand again I will definitely seek for his tours if he is available. His English is considered good for a local Thai as most Thais do not speak English. For me it's the effort that matters, not perfection. Highly recommended him.

Overall, Takemetour has gained my trust and I would definitely book more tours in future from the website.

Hello 360caribbean,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lengthy review, detailing about your entire trip experience with our Local Expert, Prayuth T, and we are glad to hear that he provided you with an exceptional service throughout the trip.

Your experience with Prayuth is what we strive for our clients to have with our local experts and we are delighted that the trip itself proved to be more than rewarding for you and Prayuth, making this tour memorable for you.

Thank you for the positive comment about TakeMeTour too, and if there are any suggestions for us to improve, do let us know and we will make sure to improve from there!

When you visit Thailand again, we look forward to creating more treasured memories together with you and our local experts.