Lub d Bangkok Silom
US$371
US$295
US$180
US$171
All reviewssocial hostelbed female dormlaundry roombig lockersdouble roomshared bathroomkhao san roadair conwould definitely stay here againkey cardtravel agenttrain stationmin walksilomcomputersbackpackersbunk
Reviewed 13 October 2013

One of the best hostels i've been to. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Friendly staff. Very convenient location. I stayed only one day there but i enjoyed everything about it. I'm not sure about the private rooms there, but I highly recommend it to anyone who wish to stay in a hostel in bangkok.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

It is clean, but I like Siam Lub D better. Compared to Siam, Silom located far from the BTS, the room is a little cramped (when I stayed Silom Lub d was under renovation). The price is cheaper than the Siam Lub D.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank sarahdamai
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I spent two nights there, one night in a single room, and one night in a dorm. Had a really good time. Great communal area where you can enjoy breakfast, snacks and rum. It was the perfect place for me to start my solo journey, as I was able to meet a lot of other solo travelers. Went on a pub-crawl with the staff, and had a good time. I wasn't able to get a bed for my last night in Bangkok, so I slept at another place, but went back to Lub d just to hang out at the bar. Really great place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rikus M
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Lub D Silom is a great place to stay, no doubt about it. The staff are friendly, the rooms are super clean, great bathrooms, free & fast wifi, etc.. Probably the best thing about Lub D is the bar area and outdoor terrace. We brought our own beer to save some money (don't know if this is officially allowed or not) and sat there multiple nights drinking and chatting with fellow guests and the staff. We didn't try the evening food, which looked good, but the breakfast was nice enough.

The two things that let this hostel down are firstly the useless travel agents desk located near the bar - don't bother with it - just book your travel elsewhere as they seemed clueless to all our questions. Secondly, it is much more expensive than many other backpackers hostels, despite the fact it is superior - it isn't enough to justify paying almost double. And then you are charged extra to hire a towel!

Overall, would highly recommend if your not on a very tight budget as its a great place to meet other travellers and have a good sleep.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe-p-01
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have been to Lub.d hostel , i am very enjoyed my stay in this hotels is very nice , especially the staff is very friendly and professional. The have hosted me very well.WiFi is FREE and GOOD The hostel is located in a very nice area with a lot of nice restaurants and food-stalls.Especially "Grilled pork with sticky rice" ( kao nweao moo ping is highlight ) and "Stir-fired pork neck with Brazil leave " ( Phat ka pao kor mu krop ) thai style

Regarding Lub D, I can advise to everyone visiting Bangkok to stay at LUB D.
I will come back for sure.

Room Tip: they have room with and without connected bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo