Lub d Bangkok Silom
US$294
US$155
US$182
US$175
All reviewssocial hostelbed female dormlaundry roombig lockersdouble roomshared bathroomkhao san roadair conwould definitely stay here againkey cardtravel agenttrain stationmin walksilomcomputersbackpackersbunk
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I had a really amazing time during my stay at the hostel. They really went out of their way to make sure I had fun. I was a young guy traveling alone and they had a couple events where I got to meet people, and I had a great time going out with the staff and some other guests.
One of the staff members, Niti, was really amazing and checked in during the day just to make sure I was having fun. He even invited me out with his friends a couple times.
There's also a great information desk open every day that is extremely helpful and offers information sessions every day.
The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and the ambience is very cool. They go above and beyond for you and I know exactly where I'm staying next time I'm in Bangkok!

Room Tip: If you're traveling alone and have a little extra to spend, I'd recommend the railway doubles.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was really looking forward to it. But it really doesn't live up to the cool video. It attracts noisey inconsiderate back packers on their way to or from the islands. The staff are very nice but they aren't able to control the guests. I had two (of three) rough nights sleep. The place is cool to look at but not very functional. It's poorly designed - where you can too easily hear the noise from the small bar. The girl at the help desk seems to be more of a sales person to be honest. The main consideration is the location! Bangkok is crazy hard to get around. Traffic is nuts and this place is 45mins from Khoa San Rd. My advice, is to stay elsewhere and closer to what you want. Also - get scooters to transport you. Super fast and cheaper than taxis. Fun too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SteveFromDublin
Lub_d, Manager at Lub d Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear guest, we are very sorry to know that you didn't have a good time while staying with us. We wish we knew you didn't have good night sleep so we can do something about it for you. As for the noise from downstairs, we plan to install noise blockers at the doors next year. We hope you will give us another chance. Have a great trip! Kind regards, Lub d Management

Reviewed 10 November 2013

It's a young, friendly, clean hostel in Bangkok. We always stayed in Lub D when we visit the beautiful city.
We stayed in double room with private bath room. The room is clean and comfortable with 24 hours hot water. The hostel location is quite near to the BSB station!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Lub_d, Manager at Lub d Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and thank you for your staying in Bangkok.We very happy that you know our meaning of "Lub d" not so many people know or can remember it even we try to tell of our guest !

Have fun traveling !

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was a bit lost when I arrived in Bangkok, and Lub D's great service helped me quickly find my feet and enjoy my short time there. Firstly Lub D Silom have all sorts of services that came in handy (e.g. luggage storage so that i could leave big bags and travel with just a backpack to the islands; in-house travel agent). Secondly their staff was really professional and took care to give me good advice on how to travel, what to see etc.
I can totally recommend this. Dorms were clean and cool. Bathrooms were kept clean too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

It's about a 10min walk from the subway. Instructions they have on the website are pretty clear. The staff are friendly, and the place is clean and open. Loads of people and info, which is one of the main reasons I picked this place instead of others. Onsite travel company - didn't book with them as they were not setup when I arrived - but the staff informed me of another place which was cheaper than what you can find online yourself. Wifi worked, plus they had computers for use. Great service in allowing you to store your stuff and chill after check out. The washrooms are clean as well. The only one slight issue is the funky smell in the tv room and sometimes in the rooms themselves... but it's a flip of the coin who you end up bunking with. There are cheaper hostels but this one is in a great location and the staff are helpful and it's clean... so if you are like me, worried with bed bugs, etc... then you can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends