“surprisingly good”

Ranked #365 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi, India
“surprisingly good”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have to say that I was a bit nervous of staying here after reading the reviews especially the one regarding the passport and the stained sheet story. Check in was flawless, the room lovely and then I saw the damage sign, The cost of damaging any of the facilities or furniture in the room was lovingly detailed. I thought of the room deposit (2000 Thai Bhat or the passport), I put a towell on the pillows and worried that I might dribble during the night and thus stain the pillow slip. But mostly I managed to relax and enjoy lots of lovely pillows, great AC and reliable WiFi and thanked the Buddha that even though the hotel is in the KhoaSarn road area, the hotel was very quiet.
I think that the idea of charging a room deposit only tells a sad story about previous guests and that its possibly a trend learned by bitter experience by hotels in the area as I have never been charged such a high deposit if any at all in other areas of the city.
Anyway I like it, service was friendly and professional and no problems at check out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I booked a room here for a few days after my boyfriend and I arrived in Bangkok from the USA super jet-lagged. The room was small but had a western-style shower (aka most medium budget rooms in Thailand will have a shower head in the bathroom that kinda just sprays everywhere - no shower curtain or stall, Villa Cha Cha had a proper stall). The AC was solid but the wifi internet was spotty from my device for whatever reason I was never able to figure out. There were ants in the bathroom everyday - not a big deal given the fact that it is Thailand and you need to expect more bugs just in general. However, I'd expect ants in a room going for $20-30 a night, not $50+ a night. The pool and sauna were very nice. The decor is exotic and tasteful. The hotel's travel desk for booking arrangements was sub-par. The woman was nice but didn't speak enough English to explain that the train to Chiang Mai was under construction. Instead, she just kept saying that the train was not available. After hearing horror stories about sketchy bus companies catering to the Khoa San Road crowd by using untrue stories about local transport to make folks book with them instead of using other resources - I had no idea if I could trust her. In hindsight, her prices were mostly okay but for only $50 US more I could fly two people to Chiang Mai in less than an hour as opposed to spending nearly 10 hours overnight in a bus. I'm glad I booked flights instead. Overall, I wasn't a fan of the frequent scams/hustling vibe directed at tourists in this area. I'd recommend you get out of Bangkok if you really want to see Thailand. Also, don't expect taxi drivers/tuk-tuk drivers to know where this place is at all. If you can, copy down the address in Thai - not English - and find it on a map or write down the major cross streets to show any drivers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a great stay....we were here for just two nights passing through Bangkok and to see the Palace and Khoasan Road area and picked a great spot. The pool was a welcome retreat after wandering each day, the ambience in the lobby and restaurant was amazing and the staff were all very welcoming and helpful. The rooms themselves were nothing special but were clean and comfortable, and the highlight was that the hotel was so close to the Palace and Khoasan Road. Didn't need any longer in the area and wouldn't call it a holiday destination but it was a nice spot to stay while doing the sights of Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
nottinghamshire
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Excellent location spotless rooms lovely food pool and ambience fab cocktails.loved our stay here wish we had stayed longer. I. Would definitely go back and recommend to friends.thevstaff were friendly and cheerful , and nothing was to much trouble for them to make your stay special.

Room Tip: Close to koh san road
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Bilbao, España
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The only word that comes to my mind is.... Trickster!
We were here for 5 nights, everything was simply correct. The restaurant service was slow, rude and forgetful.
But the surprise came the last day, while we were doing the checkout,( they were holding our passport for those 5 days, its completly illegal!)
During the checkout they showed us a sheet with a grey spot of 2 square cm, to our eyes was nothing to worry about, but the lady (to name in a polite way to the receptionist) forced us to pay the sheet in concept of damage or break. We were trying to explain that this little spot could be simply remove, cleaning with bleach, laundry detergent...
And even more! How could we know that this sheet was ours? How can they threaten us to pay in order to get back our passport? Has not a hotel a proper laundry service?
Finally, after a huge argue, we paid 1000baths!!!!!! (30€)... It was imposible to reason out with them.
I have never seen such a bad service. Please, beaware of this kind of fraud.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank JunePomposo

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Villa Cha Cha seems to make a lot more of itself than what it really is. The main thing it has going for it is the location, which is near enough to Ko San Road to be in the middle of the action but far enough for a peaceful night's sleep. The room was spacious and clean, bed a bit hard, but the weirdest thing was the layout - there was a strange tiled alcove in our room, which we eventually realised led into the bathroom via the shower curtain (so much for the lockable door!) so don't expect much privacy!! There was a decent bar straight outside the hotel which is a good place for grabbing breakfast or a drink, but it isn't loud and we had no trouble with noise, unlike everywhere on Ko San. There is a pool, which seemed pretty clean, although a bit small. Overall, fairly decent place in a good location, but don't go there looking for a dream holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Catherine R
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel, clean and reasonably priced in comparison to other accommodation. The rooms are clean and large. Impressive bathroom. The small pool is pretty busy in the afternoons but it's great to have a pool in such a great location.

Roo m cleaned daily. Contemporary decor. Good aircon. Ok tv channels.

I thought it was real value for money -although it is a bit cheaper if you just turn up rather than booking on line as you can't book the cheaper rooms in advance. (even in person if you are planning to return after your stay which I found odd!)

• Stayed August 2013