“good stay next to Khaosan rd ”
Review of Villa Cha-Cha

Villa Cha-Cha
Ranked #365 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Hamburg
“good stay next to Khaosan rd ”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We come here every time we visit Bangkok.

The place is not cheap and the rooms are mostly not the best you can get for the money, but it is a quiet oasis next to the loud and hectic Khaosan area.

You can reserve the rooms over the website from the hotel. That makes it more easy if you come late at night and do not want to run around with your backpack after arrival

We like to stay here and we'll come back again

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank c0y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Massively enjoyed the stay here for 2 nights, it was recommended by a good friend and I was not dissopionted.
The front of the hotel doesn't look very inviting on arrival but once you step off of the street its a lot of fun with the pool to the left and the reception on the far right.
The room had everything I needed and the bed was very comfortable the only down side was the water in the shower not heating up.
once you get down to the ground and head out the back you are in a big restaurant with a huge menu of thai and western food at very nice price, it is on the end of one of two very popular backpacker's streets and the buzz is electric, the restaurant/bar claims to never close I was there eating thai food at 4am so I feel like that might be true!
WARNING - if you are a 5* person this is not the place for you, its basic and music runs on late into the night, I loved the place though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Millzy85
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have to say that I was a bit nervous of staying here after reading the reviews especially the one regarding the passport and the stained sheet story. Check in was flawless, the room lovely and then I saw the damage sign, The cost of damaging any of the facilities or furniture in the room was lovingly detailed. I thought of the room deposit (2000 Thai Bhat or the passport), I put a towell on the pillows and worried that I might dribble during the night and thus stain the pillow slip. But mostly I managed to relax and enjoy lots of lovely pillows, great AC and reliable WiFi and thanked the Buddha that even though the hotel is in the KhoaSarn road area, the hotel was very quiet.
I think that the idea of charging a room deposit only tells a sad story about previous guests and that its possibly a trend learned by bitter experience by hotels in the area as I have never been charged such a high deposit if any at all in other areas of the city.
Anyway I like it, service was friendly and professional and no problems at check out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I booked a room here for a few days after my boyfriend and I arrived in Bangkok from the USA super jet-lagged. The room was small but had a western-style shower (aka most medium budget rooms in Thailand will have a shower head in the bathroom that kinda just sprays everywhere - no shower curtain or stall, Villa Cha Cha had a proper stall). The AC was solid but the wifi internet was spotty from my device for whatever reason I was never able to figure out. There were ants in the bathroom everyday - not a big deal given the fact that it is Thailand and you need to expect more bugs just in general. However, I'd expect ants in a room going for $20-30 a night, not $50+ a night. The pool and sauna were very nice. The decor is exotic and tasteful. The hotel's travel desk for booking arrangements was sub-par. The woman was nice but didn't speak enough English to explain that the train to Chiang Mai was under construction. Instead, she just kept saying that the train was not available. After hearing horror stories about sketchy bus companies catering to the Khoa San Road crowd by using untrue stories about local transport to make folks book with them instead of using other resources - I had no idea if I could trust her. In hindsight, her prices were mostly okay but for only $50 US more I could fly two people to Chiang Mai in less than an hour as opposed to spending nearly 10 hours overnight in a bus. I'm glad I booked flights instead. Overall, I wasn't a fan of the frequent scams/hustling vibe directed at tourists in this area. I'd recommend you get out of Bangkok if you really want to see Thailand. Also, don't expect taxi drivers/tuk-tuk drivers to know where this place is at all. If you can, copy down the address in Thai - not English - and find it on a map or write down the major cross streets to show any drivers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a great stay....we were here for just two nights passing through Bangkok and to see the Palace and Khoasan Road area and picked a great spot. The pool was a welcome retreat after wandering each day, the ambience in the lobby and restaurant was amazing and the staff were all very welcoming and helpful. The rooms themselves were nothing special but were clean and comfortable, and the highlight was that the hotel was so close to the Palace and Khoasan Road. Didn't need any longer in the area and wouldn't call it a holiday destination but it was a nice spot to stay while doing the sights of Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
nottinghamshire
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Excellent location spotless rooms lovely food pool and ambience fab cocktails.loved our stay here wish we had stayed longer. I. Would definitely go back and recommend to friends.thevstaff were friendly and cheerful , and nothing was to much trouble for them to make your stay special.

Room Tip: Close to koh san road