Villa Cha-Cha
US$222
US$192
US$108
Travelocity
All reviewskhao san roadgrand palacesoi rambuttriswimming poolbusy areanice poolreception areaguest houserooms are cleanlocation is greatvisiting bangkokthai foodthe rivermadnesskhaosanbackpackersnightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed for one night in January 2014.
It is ok, although most likely I will choose another place next time I visit Bangkok.
The pros: The place is well situated to take part of the fun at Khao San road, while being tucked away between the buildings to guarantee nice and quiet for the times you want it. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious and clean.
The cons: It is not so cheap compared to neighboring hotels, the extra you pay for the pool is wasted as the pool is right in the middle of the restaurant and all day hidden from the sun. The staff/receptionist is very rude and unpleasant to deal with (when it comes to check-in or getting a valid card for wifi). The breakfast is not included which is not reasonable for the price you pay for night. Also they request a 2000 THB!!! guarantee for the key card - this or they want your passport to hold - both ways an unreasonable request.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

While every visit to Bangkok should involve the Khaosan Road, you don't want to be staying on it. The noise alone would have you running back to the islands. BUT, if you want to be in the thick of it and staying somewhere nice then Villa Cha-Cha could be the answer.

Situated in the road parallel to Khaosan this is a little less frenetic and a lot less noisy. The hotel itself is behind one of the street restaurants but once you enter the lobby it is really quite secluded from the madness. The price is reasonable and the rooms are pretty large for something so central.

Only downside is that the showers never seem to creep above tepid at best. When I come back to Bangkok I will stay here again rather than risk getting something less good than this.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We come here every time we visit Bangkok.

The place is not cheap and the rooms are mostly not the best you can get for the money, but it is a quiet oasis next to the loud and hectic Khaosan area.

You can reserve the rooms over the website from the hotel. That makes it more easy if you come late at night and do not want to run around with your backpack after arrival

We like to stay here and we'll come back again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank c0y
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Massively enjoyed the stay here for 2 nights, it was recommended by a good friend and I was not dissopionted.
The front of the hotel doesn't look very inviting on arrival but once you step off of the street its a lot of fun with the pool to the left and the reception on the far right.
The room had everything I needed and the bed was very comfortable the only down side was the water in the shower not heating up.
once you get down to the ground and head out the back you are in a big restaurant with a huge menu of thai and western food at very nice price, it is on the end of one of two very popular backpacker's streets and the buzz is electric, the restaurant/bar claims to never close I was there eating thai food at 4am so I feel like that might be true!
WARNING - if you are a 5* person this is not the place for you, its basic and music runs on late into the night, I loved the place though.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Millzy85
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have to say that I was a bit nervous of staying here after reading the reviews especially the one regarding the passport and the stained sheet story. Check in was flawless, the room lovely and then I saw the damage sign, The cost of damaging any of the facilities or furniture in the room was lovingly detailed. I thought of the room deposit (2000 Thai Bhat or the passport), I put a towell on the pillows and worried that I might dribble during the night and thus stain the pillow slip. But mostly I managed to relax and enjoy lots of lovely pillows, great AC and reliable WiFi and thanked the Buddha that even though the hotel is in the KhoaSarn road area, the hotel was very quiet.
I think that the idea of charging a room deposit only tells a sad story about previous guests and that its possibly a trend learned by bitter experience by hotels in the area as I have never been charged such a high deposit if any at all in other areas of the city.
Anyway I like it, service was friendly and professional and no problems at check out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo