“Great value, good location.”

Mac Boutique Suites Hotel
Ranked #323 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great value, good location.”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights recently. It was an excellent value for the money. We stayed in one of the President Suites for around $63USD per night. It is a great location, right near the Nana BTS station and right in the heart of the madness of Sukhumvit area. Easy to get around and to other areas via the BTS. It is a little walk up the Soi off of Sukhumvit and Nana BTS, but to me that is perfect, you are a little ways from the madness and it is certainly not a long walk. I read previous complaints about their breakfast which was included. I think the breakfast was excellent. They had 5-6 hot items, cereal, some fruits and vegetables, toast, juice, coffee/tea. For free, I don't know how you could complain. My only one complaint might be that on a couple of the nights there was loud music until late coming from a bar down the street. The staff was friendly and very helpful is you needed anything.

Room Tip: no pool, try to get a rear room, probably quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L4Q400

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 23 April 2012

After a bad experience at grand inn hotel, we checked out immediately and came over to mac boutique suites which was 5 times better and beyond my expectations. The service was excellent. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We booked a family suite for 4 of my friends including me. The rooms were clean and breakfast was not too bad. Location was good as it's a 5mins walk from nana bts station. Overall, i would definately come back here if i'm travelling again to bangkok.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarniArina14
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Visited hotel on March 2012, regularly spending few nights at Bangkok and scouting for valu for money suites. First and last visit on this hotel for two reasons: I booked a family suite, 91sqm. However, when arrived hotel (by two persons only which was surprised by hotel staff), a room I booked from their own www-site, was not available.. So, they offered me an upgrade and I accepted hence not bothering to argue nor find a new hotel for one night visit... My "upgrade" was from family suite 91sqm to Royal Suite 68sqm (priced on www-site for few hundred bahts less).. Paid for original price for smaller room with one bedroom insted of two.

The other scam was a taxi to the airport. I spesifically told doormen to arrange me a meter taxi to airport, he agreed but arranged a fixed priced taxi with higher price... Again, didn't bother to drag my luggage from trunk and hail a free taxi from street.. Hotel "concierge" first tried to sell me a minivan for 1000THB to airport, which give me a smile and i headed out the door...

Just totally unnecessary scamming and hoaxing, the hotel itself is very clean, good located and should be able to compete with fare rules without trying to pump up the visiting customer empty every single time.

Will visit BKK again in a week and guess what, not to this hotel, there is a plenty to select from, don't spend my time nor money into this any more. Too bad, at booking time I was glad to find this but haven't really been disappointed this much for a long time. As Thailand it is, I don't mind when ordering chicken green curry and receiving pizza but this was just ridiculous.

Cheers!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Mark L

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed here for 1 week and on arrival we had trouble fiding the place, on bookings.com said it was on soi 11 but actually on soi 8. When we found it the clerk at the desk was asleep so another staff member had to wake him up( with some probing).
They took us to the room only to discover that some one else was staying in that room, so we were given another room and it seemed to be smaller than we booked( a suite) so then after some time they gave us the room we booked.
The staff i think were Indian and the communication was not that good and not really friendly, the breakfast finished at 10.30 so we did not try it as we were very late going to bed most nights.
The rooms were quite big and clean but they were old and nothing like the photos on the net.
If you need the internet then FORGET this hotel, it kept dropping out and i had to call reception to re-connect three or four times a day.
It is not worth the price we paid and there are many hotels that are better and cheaper than this one.
The position was good and close to the sky train, but that was the only good thing.
WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gmelo26
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We found this place online in an area we wanted to be. We knew we would be making a few trips in and out of Bangkok and wanted a place we could return to in the future. We found such a place here. Very easy to get to from the rapid transit and when we called from the airport for clarification they were most helpful. BKK was still a little slow so maybe that is why we got moved up to a suite but it was a pleasant surprise. We were on the 7th floor, no smoking and it was very quiet. The breakfast buffet opens early (about 6:00) which was nice with an early departure and the tuk tuk ride to the BTS was appreciated.
It is a bit of a walk down the soi but we didn't mind that.
Gail from Canada

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Went there on December 2011
Had a deal on a booking website: 1700baht per night.

Pros:
Clean room. They clean every day.
Shampoo and Liquid Soap. Toothbrush kit.
Big bathroom.
Nice decoration.
Central Sukhumvit Soi 11

Cons
No bath, only shower.
Ugly building.
Average breakfast and stops at 10h30am
Asked for high floor and view, didn't get both
Their concierge although helpful at the beginning, became harassing, trying to get money out of us by proposing services at some stupid prices (e.g. charging us 500baht to go to the airport...). He also drove us to visit a tailor and said he was happy to do so (and I made him specify it was free) but at the end he started asking for money....typical.

Super Cons:
The worst manager I ever had to deal with. The lady was obnoxious, not helpful, arrogant and just because we were younger than the average crowd, although we were polite.
For this only reason I would give the worst rating, since a bad manager means a bad management, hence a bad hotel.
The same lady charged me to make a 1min local call to check if my tailor had sent my shirts...and when I told her none of the other hotels in Town would charge for such a small thing me she looked at me in a despicable way, asking me in what world hotels don't charge for local calls.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Testerator
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 September 2011

stayed for a night in this boutique hotel in a presidential suite , very economical , paid appx us$100/night with breakfast( though didnt avail it) , a very large living room with a dining and 6 seater sofa , 2 bathrooms , nice bedroom , 2 lcd tv's a music system , no guest charges ,indian restaurant in the hotel was a plus point , felt it was mostly patronised by middle east guys , but no problem , nice staff ,the only downside was it was a oneway soi , so you couldnt enter from sukhumvit main road , either enter from soi5 where amari boulevard is or from soi 11 , but all in all was a pleasant stay , would certainly come back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends