“Hotel smells horrible and no English”

and 1 more site!
Ratchada Resort and Spa Hotel
Ranked #660 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Hotel smells horrible and no English”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I booked last minute and had no idea to where to go . the hotel receptionist speak no English and can help you with nothing . The room smells horrible . Like mold and throw up and it was unbearable . I was going to ask to switch rooms when I saw one open and realized its all of them and the hotel . There's no computer to use and no food or drinks . It's next to the mrt station and has a food night market and 711 next door . I would never stay here again you can go somewhere else . I was the only farang staying there otherwise all Asians .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Smilz2011

• Turkish first
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

Found hotel on hotel search site, always open minded on reviews, as well, a it appeared to be average for the price paid. Arrived approx 7.30pm on the 30th October, after 10 hour coach journey from the north east.

Location, is for me good, as near to Ding Deang, and MRT, and other places I like to go. However, the hotle is situated down a narrow very noisey side street.

Reception, is shabby, very shabby, and has not been updated in many years. The girl on reception asked if I would like to pay up front for my stay, I declined, as I thought at that point one night would be enough. I asked I f I could have two extra pillows in the room and was told it would be 100 Thai baht, for the pillows for the whole stay. I have never heard so much crap in my life, what hotel charges for extra pillows!!!!!.

We were located 3rd floor, front of hotel, the room is OK good size for me, decor was in reasonable standard, however the bathroom is small, and a shower over bath, which is small.

The noise from the street bellow, is constant, all night, and cooking smell from street restaurants, fill the room. I eat on street restaurants, as not bias in what they cook.

After a not good nights sleep, we visited, the restaurant. Good God.....it's is not a restaurant, very limited, choice, and looked, to be blunt as if it had been there for a few days. We passed and walked down street to a small street cafe for some great tasting food.

WIFI didn't work in our room 301, you had to walk along the corridor, about 100 feet to get even a weak signal!!!!

Staff at this hotel all appear uninterested, and all walking around with mp3/phones plug in to ears.

We left that morning for a hotle I have used several times, even though same price per night and less facilities, it's is far better.

Dear British readers, and thoses from Australia, New Zeland, and USA. Don't use this hotel, it is not of any standard, which is acceptable. However as a back packers place it's OK.......

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank David R

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Singapore
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Many taxi drivers and tuk tuks dunno how to go to hotel. Although the room is spacious, it is infested with coacroaches. When we complain abt the coacroaches and wanted a change of room (since they sprayed insecticide), they just said there is 1 room left and it is also infested with coacroaches. Air con is not strong, more like a cooler. It is near to the new Central Plaza though. Unless no choice, I will not stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Dinoe
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My family stayed at this hotel during our vacation in Bangkok and was very disappointed. The rooms smelled moldy and black mold was visible on bathroom ceiling. We had pool of standing water in the floor due to air conditioning leakage. Both my kid and I had fungal infection on our skin and had to move out of there. Only 2 old and worn bath towels were available and a 3$ charge applied if you request more. Cleaning service was bad and the rooms smelled like urine every time after the service. One morning we all had stomach sickness after having their breakfast included in room rates. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank annastewart186338
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I stayed for one night on a Wednesday, booking through Agoda. Wanted to stay another 2 nights and hotel quoted a price of THB1,600, which is 500 more than what I paid through Agoda! I was forced to pack and moved to Mini R further down Ratchada Road on Soi 7, which charged about the same rate but the rooms were bigger, new, and everything worked.

At Ratchada Resort, the toilet bow cistern in my room constantly had water flowing, the tap was not secured to the base so you have to hold the tap to turn on and off the water.

Breakfast was just on the border line of being edible as they were cold, fried rice noodle was rubber tough, no coffee.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as there are so many other better hotels at the same rate that I got from Agoda.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Suzhou, China
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Hotel is about a 3 minute walk down a busy narrow side street to the main road of Ratchadapisek, around the corner from the Chinese Embassy. Close to MRT Thailand Cultural Center station.
Room was clean and fairly large for the lower priced room.
Negatives were no hand towels in bathroom, had to ask for them.
Low pressure water with warm water!...not hot water for the shower. The instant on hot water heater doesn't really make it. Room service kept turning down the dial when they cleaned the bathroom, and consequently i ended up with warm water showers!
Breakfast was poor quality, limited food was not kept hot or warm and no weastern breakfast items, other than juice and coffee, not much to choose from!
The free shuttle service vehicle shown in the advertisement Pic....never seen it the whole time i was staying there!, so be prepare to walk 3 blocks left on Ratchadapisek rd. to the Esplanda Mall , and also a little further on down the the street on the same side, you have JUSCO, Carrefour, Robinsons.
Free Internet access on the one and only computer in the lobby was very slow and didn't acess the Internet half the time (not very effiecent).
House keeping didn't clean the room until later afternoon, but did a good job with cleaning. Hotel didn't have an iron, should you want to iron your shirt!.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aajada
Singapore
Reviewed 15 May 2008

Bangkok can be pretty overwhelming. The Ratchada Resort was a calm orderly place to rest, before going to the next sight. It's just been renovated so our room was really nice, and the bathroom was a good size. It's no Ritz-Carlton, but it's a good solid deal, like a Thai Holiday Inn. Our room was really spacious, and there was a sitting area to hang out in too.

It's a 5 minute walk to the Fortune Town Mall, which a grocery store & food court, and other typical mall things.
And right next to that is the "Rama 9 Road" MRT stop. This has got to be the best way to get around the city - it's quick, clean & cheap. It took us 20mins to get from the hotel to Lumphini Park & the Suan Lum Night Bazaar. Way better a taxi in polluted grid-locked traffic.

Right around the hotel, there's lots of local street food stalls - which are great to explore. The hotel kitchen also has an awesome menu of local food. We got free breakfast coupons with our reservation, and had a kick-ass basil chicken stir-fry with rice & egg one of the mornings. They also do the continental breakfasts, but i like the stir-fry better.

There is a karaoke bar at the lobby, where we hung out at the end of one night. There were with a few private rooms where you can sing without shame - I think we'll need to get one of those next time. The decor is fun and cute.

And most importantly - the hotel is affiliated with the nearby Petchada Spa (4 storys of indulgence). The receptionist can make an appointment for a great thai massage session in your room. We didn't get a massage in the hotel, but zoned out at the Spa for an afternoon. These guys are really well trained & take their massage seriously!

The other guests at the Ratchada Resort were other couples, or young families. Many seem to be from other Asian countries near by. I'm definitely going to stay here again, when I come back to get to know Krung Thep better.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jhueyz