“So disappointing”

Kinnaree Gourmet Thai Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #730 of 10,831 Restaurants in Bangkok
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Brisbane, Australia
“So disappointing”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We ate here on an early Sunday evening. Read some good reviews, it was close to our hotel so thought it was an easy choice.

We were greated by a female staff member out the front on the soi, checked the menu. The prices were fairly high but thought we'd treat ourselves to some 'gourmet food'

It was a nice setup outside, but we decided to sit inside as it was a warm nite (Bangkok, I know) and asked to move tables a cpl of times, as there a small hole in the floor where my chair was the first and next we were beside a very loud table and we wanted a quite night and enjoy our meal. No big deal, we're in Bangkok and everyone deserves to have a great time. Right?

Finally settled, we order some deepfried springrolls for entree, and sadly that was the best part of our dinning experience. Between swattin away a few mosquitoes and finding a fly in my water, we eagerly waited for our gourmet main courses

My partner ordered a yellow curry and I ordered a dego style main consisting of a small portions of veges, shrimp, rice, curry and pad thai all served at once.

Now on our recent 3 week trip, we've eaten at many different restaurants, street stalls, buffets, fast food and hotel room service, and this was our worst and most $$$ dining experience. It is also the only negative review we plan on writing.

All our mains.. Yes all 5-6 dishes were well below standard and sorry to say, have cooked better at home, even curry sauces better out of a jar. How does a gourmet restaurant stuff up a pad thai dish? The steam rice we ordered as a side was the only thing that was adequate quality

I enquired if the usual chef was working and couldn't get a positive "Yes" out of the wait staff. This wasn't because of the language barrier either as communication up that point had been good

Considering the price we paid and the quality of food, I think I'm being generous with this rating and review. It wasn't a busy night with no one in view sitting outside and less than half full inside.

Such a disappointing dinning experience at Kinnaree. The food was so far off 'gourmet' and over priced. With so many great restaurants around Sukhumvit, you couldn't drag me back there.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Spacey101

• Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent food, very nice staff”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had dinner, tried many different Thai dishes among them Fat horse, Green curry, etc. Excellent quality. Interestingly, the menu card also has a full page with vegetarian dishes. We had several, all to be recommended. Price/quality relation very good indeed.

The location is also very comfortable, very close to Skytrain Station Nana.

Wine fairly expensive, some staff will certainly improve their English.

• Visited March 2014
Sugar Land, Texas
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The food is outstanding and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The night we were there the service was a little off though. We were one of the first parties in that evening (2 people). Several other larger parties came in after us and were served before us. This would not had been an issue but we had an appointment and were a bit pressed for time.

Visited March 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food if a bit on the pricey side”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is designed to be a restaurant that is a bit more upmarket serving Thai food and it certainly delivers on the quality.
There is a huge menu so anyone who wants to try something Thai and is new, this is good place to ease your way in. I was sharing so took a set meal (THB700) plus a fish dish (THB 500) --- for two people was actually perfectly sized. We didn't feel too full and were very satisfied with the flavours.
Would I come back? There are so many places to eat in Bangkok, so I wouldn't rush back. But if I was stuck for choice, I would for sure.

• Visited March 2014
New Delhi, India
“Thai gourmet restaurant”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Went for lunch to this lovely restaurant in the busy Sukhumvit area. The food was excellent, but the service rather slow, and we had trouble explaining what we wanted. Must say, I was a trifle disappointed with my experience having read really good reviews about the place on Tripadvisor.

• Visited February 2014