Baan Saladaeng Boutique Guesthouse
Okura Hotels
US$260
US$195
Travelocity
All reviewsno elevatorquiet laneair consilom areabreakfast includedstreet foodnight marketsilom roadwalking distancefive minute walklumpini parkshort staybalconysuiteloftcerealbts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Ocasionally I had spent a few nights in Bangkok. This place was choosen for the first night . I would rather say it was my mistake, the only thing stops me is the attitude of the stuff. The guys are very kind, helpful and so smiling, so I really prefer to do not say a lot of bad words about this place. And the location is good, after all.
The only remark is - definitely it is overpriced, and renovation required (the fungus on the celing and water pipes above your head - it is not the thing I was expecting for this price).
Finally, I moved to the nearest Chaydon Sathorn (new and clean 3-stars hotel with quite rude staff - hehe - there is no harmony in this world!!!), and paid even less.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The location of the guesthouse is near the BTS skytrain, and numerous places to eat. The guesthouse is very simple. My room had air conditioning and was clean. Perhaps it's a general issue with Bangkok, but I did have a bit of money go missing from my bag while I left it in my room for the day. They provide a small safe (note: it's not big enough for stuff like a laptop) you can use, so suggest you use that and be careful about any valuables.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank filbertkm
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I thought that a suite in a boutique guesthouse in the heart of Bangkok would be the perfect choice; what a deception!!!!
The hotel, though well situated and with excellent staff is really overrated and too expensive for the quality and the cleanness of the rooms.
The suite was quite large though. But the bathroom smelled like gutter and was quite clumsy. The balcony is too small too.
I should have reminded that in a Capital City, you had always better go to a at least 4-star hotel...

Room Tip: The suite is really not worth the price.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My partner & I stayed here for 5 nights. We chose the place for its accessibility to Bangkok's Skytrain (less than 10 minutes walking distance from Saladaeng Station), convenience (eateries & shops nearby), in-room wifi, privacy (own washroom) and price.

Our booking was made online through their website >> www.baansaladaeng.com. Replies were prompt, no deposit needed. However, they will ask for credit card details to confirm your room reservation. Advice was given in advance to pay using cash upon checking-in, to avoid extra charges. We managed to secure cheaper promotional rates for our room, but these rates were not reflected on the booking confirmation. This was apparently due to system limitations (see statement on their website). True to their word, they did not charge us full rates, but the promotional rates when we arrived.

Rooms were alright. We tried the Modern Oriental Room (202) & White Room (204). Both were clean and met our expectations. Housekeeping replaces your towels everyday & arranges your messy clothes in an orderly manner for you :) Rooms come with toiletries, satelite TV, hot water kettle, mini fridge. Wifi access was excellent, in my opinion. A two minute video downloaded in Room 204 only took about 5 seconds. Stairs to rooms are a bit steep, but not a big deal for us. Hotel staff will help carry luggage up/down the stairs, so no worries there. Breakfast is basic, but fresh and will prove useful when you are in a rush to get somewhere. Reception is open 24 hours, and hotel staff are pleasant. One thing though, the bed in Room 202 tends to make strange noises – hotel management might want to check on this.

If you're looking for cheap local food, try the food court next to the lane where Baan Saladaeng is. Think it's a good chance to sample what the local working crowd have for normal daily meals. Cafes, restaurants, 7-11s and shopping mall (Silom Complex) are also nearby. The infamous Patpong Streets, Thaniya Street and Bangkok's Gay Street are also in the area. Good to have a look but as always, be careful & street-smart about it.

Getting here from Don Mueang Airport by Skytrain >> take Bus A1 from Airport to Mo Chit Skytrain Station. Change Skytrain at Siam Station, and get off at Saladaeng Station (in front of Silom Complex). Find your way onto Saladaeng Road and continue until you see MK Gold Restaurants (big sign, yellow building). The lane opposite MK Gold Restaurants is where Baan Saladaeng is. Using a taxi to Don Mueang Airport took us a little over an hour (7-8am, Monday morning) and cost about THB500 (inclusive of toll charges paid by us).

Overall, we both had a pleasant stay and definitely wouldn’t mind staying here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swanzwan
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This boutique hotel refers to itself as an Urban Oasis, and it's very apt description. It's located on a quiet alley near the chaotic main drag of Th Silom. It's a few minutes walk from the public transport and crazy nightlife, but it seems miles away once you're in for the night.

The rooms were spacious and clean. My only complaint is that the AC could have been a bit more powerful. It did cool down eventually, but it took a while.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends