Review Highlights
I love cooking teacher

즐거운 경험이었습니다 어떤 선생님이 걸리느냐에 따라 만족도는 다를 거라 생각되지만 우리 선생님은 베스트 였습니다 꼭 경험해보세요 reasonable price, the best... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago

from US$49.70
from US$43.40
from US$40.30
1,131 results
All reviews recipe book market tour thai food evening class chef jay local market green curry paste coconut milk tom yum soup meeting point cooking instructor cooking course great cooking learn how empty stomach fresh ingredients learned how
Reviewed 2 days ago

즐거운 경험이었습니다
어떤 선생님이 걸리느냐에 따라 만족도는 다를 거라 생각되지만 우리 선생님은 베스트 였습니다
꼭 경험해보세요
reasonable price, the best experience and ครูสวย

Reviewed 3 days ago

Considering some of the costs for other Thai cooking classes in Bangkok the Silom Thai Cooking School is not only more affordable, but well worth the time and effort, too! Take the morning class because the trip through the morning market will give you an informed look by your chef/tutor at picking out the best and freshest ingredients for the handful of courses you'll be making soon afterwards. After the brief market stop it was a short walk back to the school to put on your school apron in the dining area, walk next door to the room where the education takes hold, and then out to the blacony cooking area for the magic to begin. And it is magic, the best kind, where you toss in the first round of ingredients you need for the first course into the well-oiled wok, and under the eyes of a great chef/tutor, transform the ordinary into something extraordinary! Better yet, you get to eat what you make, which is four to five delicious courses, ending with a Mango and sticky rice dessert that will leave well happily satisfied. Our class was small with 8 to 10 people from around the world, who became one with the wok! Be careful not to eat too much before you arrive because the menu the school has laid on will more than fill you up. The meet up site in Silom Soi 11 is close to the morning market area and the small school, and all an easy stroll. A truly enjoyable experience for anyone looking to learn the basics for some great Thai recipes. Also, it's a nice break from sightseeing, and a tasty one at that!

Reviewed 6 days ago

I had the cooking class with another 8 people and Chef Chin. It was so interesting to learn about Thai cuisines including ingredients. Chef Chin was very helpful and funny that the class took almost 4 hours but I'd never felt any boredom. I already recommended to my friends planning to visit Bangkok. One of the best experience in Bangkok!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a wonderful evening class with 5 other people and all loved it. Our teacher involved all of us and it was wonderfully hands on! We chopped, crushed, ground and cooked all of our own dishes - a delectable 5-course meal and an informative and entertaining lesson. Phenomenal.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked this class on Cookly as it had many reviews. The market tour was informative, and the class fun. It's a good class for cooking beginners and Thai food lovers.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Entertaining, funny, very nice staff, well organized, very good recipe book, high learning factor, go for it, u will love it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our group of six attended this cooking class. We learned to make five dishes that were amazing! The best meal we had in Thailand our entire trip. The instructor was very entertaining, friendly, and knowledgeable. She was even able to personally alter the dishes for my vegetarian diet. We were also given a cooking book of recipes for all the dishes we made. I highly recommend this cooking school!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Looked at several Thai Cooking classes and settled on Silom Thai Cooking School. This ended up being one of the highlights of our two weeks in Thailand and was probably the best food we ate the entire trip, which is saying a lot, as we ate amazing food over the two weeks. The actual address for the school is tucked in a back alley off of Thanon Si Lom. The morning started at a meet up point not far from the school and close to the market on Soi Si Lom 20. Our chef guided us through the market with some explanations on the ingredients we would be using. She filled up baskets that each of us was carrying. We then jumped into several Tuk Tuk's and were brought to the house that we would be cooking in over the next few hours. The ingredients and cost of the Tuk Tuk rides were incorporated into the price we paid per person (1000 Baht), so no extra money is needed unless you intend to tip your chef and host home. I'm guessing the experience of this class can vary as there are multiple chefs and several different host homes that you can be whisked away to. When I booked, the girls in the office said they would give me the "pretty" house since we had such a large group. They said the home was a very old and traditional Thai home. When booking we chose a menu set that was to our liking and were not disappointed. The dishes were easy to cook and all tasted amazing. The format for the day was cook a dish, then eat a dish. We did this for 5 courses. From viewing other pictures and sharing pictures from our day, you do sit on the ground when preparing food. Keep this in mind for family or friends that may lack mobility and have a hard time sitting. We all did fine, and I'm guessing they could accommodate someone that may not do well sitting on the floor. You are also given a small cookbook with the recipes at the end of the class, which we've already prepared at home with no problem. Very fun and highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not well organized as sompong. we had to move the class for another smaller group?! in the middle of class. They did some mistake?! not sure anyhow we moved. Didn't like the way they handled ingredients since we had to pass them hand to hand. Less chance to cook and too many small classes were running at same time. Teacher was very friendly but in overall I recommend Sompong for more experience and fun about Thai foods and cooking experience.

1  Thank 898minij
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really nice relaxed pace. Thus was my last outing at the end of my trip. Fun market visit. Check out the photo of the dog guarding the prawns. Classic! Low stress. Good food. We'll run course which I'd certainly recommend and to again. Good times