“Avoid it if you can”

White Palace Bangkok
Ranked #695 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night before continuing to Koh Tao. The hotel is horrible.

Starting with the receptionist, who wouldnt let me in the room where my boyfriend was waiting for me. We were forced to take different flights and I arrived a couple of hours after him. Even though we had booked a double room, the receptionist refused to let me in the room which is why I had to wait for my boyfriend to wake up and confirm he knew me.

Second, we found long black hair on the floor in our room just upon arrival -- clearly the room was not clean.

Lastly, the pool is a disaster. You have to access it via some stairs that look like they are under construction- construction waste and dirt everywhere. The pool itself is plain ugly: a tiny waterhole on the roof of the hotel.

We cancelled the subsequent nights we had planned to stay in this hotel and booked another one.
Do not stay in this hotel, you will regret every cent you spend on it

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pati R

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Not a bad hotel for the price, close to everything i needed. Room was a bit old and worn and the breakfast buffet wasn't that fantastic but for 1150 baht per night for two people with breakfast, I think it was good value for money. The only thing i disliked was my room had an adjoining door to the next room so the smell of the neigbours cigarettes and Durian fruit sometimes came into my room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

stayed at this hotel for a layover on my flight to Europe. the in house kitchen is good and serves tasty thai food, the rooms are clean and wifi included. I understood that they recently made renovations and it is worth to check to get a upgraded room. The hotel has a salon place at the enterance area which provides good services. if you walk in to check for a room, better go down the road to the nearby travel agency which will give you better rates ;) Watch out for the flowed roads in the rainy season!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Well for starters, we were given a early check-in. Reception was helpful. Room was not as biga s expected but was enough for the both of us. Good clean toilet and good A/C and hot water. This is located in walking distance to Platinum Mall and Indra Mall were many Sri Lankans do their shopping!! The room service was excellent, the hotel has a big weighing scale which is accurate and very important as the check in officers are very strict about the 30 or 20Kg allowance. Ah must say a big thank U to my travel agent Far Holidays for the job well done!!! The Break fast was ok! They wanted to check out on time and my flight was late night. So we checked out went shopping got back and had a swim on the little pool on the roof top which was very re-freshing!! All in all was satisfied!!

Room Tip: Well I was on the top floor!! Nothing to complain!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chrysantha P
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We booked 4 rooms and we're give new rooms. Room is clean and decorated. Wifi is fantastic. No problem on reception service. It is really value for what we paid. Plus side is the awesome massage parlour at hotel lobby. Convenient!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights last week and based on that here is a quick summary:

Pros:

- Good location relative to shopping malls like Pantip Plaza (5 minute walk), Central World (13 minutes) and Ratchathewi BTS (15 minutes) which gets you to where you need to be.
- Cheap
- Very spacious rooms
- Comfortable bed, pillows etc

Cons:

- EXTREMELY noisy. You hear everything in a 10 meter radius outside your room and I had the room next to a storage room for the cleaners. Avoid these rooms at all cost, mine was at the end of the hall, around the corner from the elevators. Staff had no concern with trying to be quiet and could be heard right outside the door at all hours. The class of guests staying here (due to the low price) is also a factor and not a single day passed where there wasn't some commotion somewhere on the floor (fights, kids being loud or the never ending barrage of slamming doors).
- Located in the middle of the Indian area. If you came to Thailand expecting to eat Thai food and seeing things 'Thai', then this area will disappoint. Closest Thai restaurant was 10 minutes away towards the main road.
- Staff were very nice but a bit useless. Had a few simple requests (where to find Thai food, where can I print my tickets etc) and they couldn't help with any of these.
- Restaurant is overpriced.

For the price its really not bad...you get what you pay for and just dont expect the same quality as with the much higher rated 3* hotel toward the other end of Ratchathewi.

Side note: I booked my room through Agoda and after the first night I wanted to change to a different hotel. Agoda were absolutely useless at honoring their policy of a refund and were asking silly things like having to send photos of why I wasnt happy there so that they could 'lodge a complaint' against the hotel to get my money back. The hotel said they would be happy to refund me if Agoda agreed. If I am not happy with the hotel I should have the choice to change without having to file complaints against the hotel. Will not be using Agoda again.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms next to the cleaning cupboards / rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tsaL_oT_tsriF
Reviewed 15 July 2013

it was a great place. economical rates, clean and rooms are good too for an average man. good for families. moreover the location is awesome. all shops, markets and malls are near.
the only thing I literally hated was extra charge for safety deposits and if we require plates then they charge for that. no hotel does that.

• Stayed: July 2013