“Beautiful Bangkok”
Review of JL Bangkok

JL Bangkok
Ranked #183 of 756 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Want to share few of the funny experiences we had while we were in JL Bangkok. From the suvarnabhumi airport we get a taxi and it was a rainy day. We got a good old cab driver who is friendly and he used highways with less jam. He finally dropped us off in a crowded place where there were contles and oh so many shops, barbeque stalls and ready-to-wears hanging beside the roadside. We were surprised and actually shocked cause it was far different from what we expected. We were told to go farther inside a patio. So we reached the end of the patio and there is a rather beautiful boutique- that is the JL Bangkok, we used the back side of the hotel as entry. The front side is much better. The staff are uber-friendly, foods for the breakfast are yummy- mostly pork (sorry for my muslim friends) But they are also able to serve halal foods. Overall, our stay here is a remarkable experience for a low budget holiday. I would come back here again, for sure.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara Q

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Lovely friendly hotel with clean rooms and excellent food. Much nicer than the soulless large chains. I would definitely come again

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2011

A great place to stay for a short stopover. Close to the city and airport. I have stayed three times and will again as the price is right. It is a family owned hotel and you can meet them every night at dinner and they will help you with all your travel concerns.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. I prefer the front facing rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Alastair1314
Reviewed 9 August 2011

JL Bangkok was a wonderful budget hotel. The staff was courteous and helpful. They made suggestion on things to do in Bangkok and around Thailand in general. The rooms were clean and well kept. The hotel was quiet at night as most of the other hotel guests were international professors or students studying at nearby Ramkhamhaeng university. The only downside is that the hotel is not centrally located. It is a little far from the main city attractions such as the old city, china town etc. It is a good location for people who don't mind traveling in by boat or taxi to see these attractions.
Overall, I would highly recommend JL bangkok hotel to anyone traveling to Bangkok

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank uchenna30
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is a family owned and run hotel. Some member of the family is always present, but you will never need them. The staff is outstandingly self-sufficient with the responsibility to make important decisions. I've stayed at this hotel for four weeks at a time and never have I had a problem the staff could not/did not resolve immediately. The hotel is affordable and located on major bus lines. The water-taxis to downtown is a short (very interesting) quarter-mile walk away (17 baht, 0.50US$). The restaurant has a wide variety of dishes that are excellent. My favorite is shrimp with cashew nuts.

Bottom-line wonderful hotel located away from but within reach of town with an outstanding staff. Be sure to say Hi to Prenda and Julia and their family.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel is where the street traffic is, but I did not find the traffic annoying. Actuall...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ACCTGPHD1999
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Stayed here a few times earlier this year accompanied by my wife and we found the hotel to be of a good standard for a budget hotel. The staff and managers are very attentive and helpful. The hotel is very clean and approximately 30 minutes away from the tourist places in Bangkok. I have always found Bangkapi to be the real deal by way of seeing, living and breathing Thai life. It close to the airport, shopping centres and restaurants. Subsiquently, we have recommended this hotel to family and friends and would be happy to stay here again. The wifi internet is free as well...... All in all a good, budget hotel. Highly recommended :)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank The_Immy
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I booked this hotel for my friend and this is what they say:
"I stayed at this hotel from 20th june 2011 to 22nd june 2011 room 505. During my stay my wife and me was very well attended by all the hotel staff. They were very helpful and assisted us on how to go about in Thailand.
About JL Bangkok,First the rate is very good,S$37 about. Second, the hotel is located in truly Thailand local area where one can immersed in local Thai culture, food and living environment. Third the ambience of the hotel is cosy, homely, comfortable, friendly and the room very clean and TV channels from all over the world. Massage is only 100 baht for 1 hour, leg or body.
And believe me, to go to Patunam or grand palace or chinatown or BMK, it cost only 17bahts plus about 30 baht tutu ot taxi.
The 17 bahts is taking river taxi, what a great way to travel and see and feel Thailand during the journey !!
Next time to Bangkok, I strongly recommend JL Bangkok
Songsi Lim and Shiokshiok Linda from Singapore "

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SmileMalaysia
JL-Bangkok, Manager at JL Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Dear SmileMalaysia,

Thanks for your kind and positive review. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our home-away-from-home environment and services. I am glad you were also happy with our location. For those who don’t know Bangkok all that well, our hotel is situated about 10km from Bangkok town centre and in the Thai heat, walking it is not recommended. The good news is we are located close to a public pier. The journey would take approximately 20 minutes on a public boat. The boat stops right across the street from Central World, one of the biggest malls in Thailand (get a free map from the reception). Just to let the readership of tripadvisor know that JL Bangkok does not have a spa on site nor a massage service. However, there are many affordable spas close by.

Thank you very much once again for your review on behalf of your friends. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your friends in the near future.

Best regards,